2019-20 San Diego Gulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Wow carrick to terry toe drag back hand sauce across to Pietila and he just got ROBBED what a freaking save.

Gulls dominating now, Carrick and Terry together is non stop zone time right now

Reactions: Fairwinds and Kalv

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Overtime about to start.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Boyle huge save on a 2 on 1 right off OT faceoff

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Comtois has 8+3 in his last 11 games.

Edit - i meant his last 8 games.

9+14=23 in 27 now (the +9 is a bonus, but I don't watch the Gulls closely enough to know what the context behind the number is). Pretty astounding he's nearly clawed back to point per game territory after looking unable to put the puck in the ocean in his first couple months down there.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Kloos just got wrecked.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Even though they lost in OT, the Gulls jumped into the final Pacific Division playoff spot with 14 games to go. They are technically tied with Ontario for the final spot, but we have 2 games in hand.

EDIT: We also play Ontario 3 more times this season.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Even though they lost in OT, the Gulls jumped into the final Pacific Division playoff spot with 14 games to go. They are technically tied with Ontario for the final spot, but we have 2 games in hand.

EDIT: We also play Ontario 3 more times this season.
The Gulls also currently hold the Regulation Wins tiebreaker over the Reign, 23-22. (But the Reign hold the 2nd tiebreaker, Regulation and Overtime Wins, by a count of 27-26).

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The next two games are against the Pacific division leading Tucson Roadrunners! Gonna be interesting!

Great job on the comeback with Isac getting the game winning goal! "Just keep shooting, just keep shooting!" (Okay, so he passed the puck to his teammate, who then passed it back to a wide open net for Lundy!)

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
The next two games are against the Pacific division leading Tucson Roadrunners! Gonna be interesting!
For sure it is -- these are also effectively the two games in hand that the Gulls have had over the Reign for what seems like forever -- after Wednesday, the teams will be level on games played with 11 games remaining each. The Gulls will have a lead of between two and six points going into that final 11-game sprint, depending how the Roadrunner games go. The Gulls and Reign play each other three times in those final 11 games. (The other 8 break down as 3 each against 2nd-place Colorado and 3rd-place Stockton, and 1 each against 6th-place Bakersfield and last-place San Jose).

Speaking of the Roadrunners, if you hadn't been watching closely, you might not realize that Tucson and San Diego have evenly split the season series so far: three wins apiece, all in regulation, with the goals nearly identical (Gulls have 21, Roadrunners have 20). Oddly, the individual games have not always been competitive, with the average margin of victory in the six games being just about three goals... another way of saying it, is the typical outcome is a 5-2 game for one side or the other. The Gulls won three and lost one at home, while the Roadrunners are 2-0 against the Gulls in Tucson. These two are the last regular-season matchups between the teams. Tucson comes in on a three-game winning streak, while the Gulls have gotten standings points in their last four, dating back to their last regulation loss... to the Roadrunners in Tucson back on Feb. 26.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad