2019-20 San Diego Gulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Well it looks like he is back with the Ducks? Team seems very high on him I would have left him in SD still making idiotic plays at times on the ice not sure if a call up is really necessary.

He’s back up because of injury to play in a depth role. They won’t be using him in the top 4 most likely.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If Kopacka could polish those skills a bit more. He has a really good frame and he can fly as well. Is he taking on some defensive responsibilities in San Diego? He was touted as a good two way winger in juniors.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
If Kopacka could polish those skills a bit more. He has a really good frame and he can fly as well. Is he taking on some defensive responsibilities in San Diego? He was touted as a good two way winger in juniors.

I thought he had showed some potential over the few years and at the prospect camps with his size/speed/shooting combo. But after some time, I don't think he will make it to the NHL and reminds me of a Logan Shaw but with better speed. He's just not gritty enough to be a bottom line guy and isn't skillful to be a top line guy. At best I think he might end up being a good AHL player and maybe a callup option who can kill penalties and bring some energy/speed.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Sunday's win was important, as it put further distance between the Gulls and the bottom two teams in the division, clarifying the playoff race to, at the moment, pretty much the Gulls and the Reign battling for the 4th-place slot. It also combined with a Reign loss on Saturday to put the Gulls one point back of the Reign, with San Diego still holding those three games in hand.

d0rkwing

Jan 2, 2020

The Gulls’ defensive depth already consists of:
Hakanpää
Wideman
Benoit
Mahura
Moldenhauer
Johnston
Drew

Do I sense a trade coming?

Reactions: MilesNewton

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
It's a PTO, doubt it means anything. I doubt they would have sent down guhle if gudbranson couldn't go.

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
I know he wasn't highly touted when we drafted him but I really had higher hopes for Morand. 4th line C in the A when he isn't a healthy scratch is really disappointing.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I know he wasn't highly touted when we drafted him but I really had higher hopes for Morand. 4th line C in the A when he isn't a healthy scratch is really disappointing.
Yes, he didn`t took big steps even in Q after the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad