Injury Report: 2019-20 Sabres Injury Report (Sobotka, Thompson, Ullmark))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

Coach Ralph Krueger told the media afterward that Okposo did not sustain a concussion, but the veteran forward will be evaluated Friday.

Last edited:

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Sabres' Kyle Okposo: Facing long-term absence
According to coach Ralph Krueger, Okposo (upper body) will be sidelined for "weeks," Mark Scheig of The Hockey Writers reports.
Okposo's extended absence will test the Sabres' depth up front, but it won't impact many fantasy lineups, as he's only notched 12 points in 40 games this campaign. The 31-year-old winger will almost certainly be placed on injured reserve for the duration of his recovery.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Here's the full wrapup courtesy of veins, veins, veins

Forwards Vladimir Sobotka (knee) and Tage Thompson (shoulder), and defenseman Matt Hunwick (neck) out for season

Olofsson is week-to-week. Ullmark is out the next 3-4 weeks. Okposo (upper body) is weeks away from returning

Montour (lower body) and Bogosian (illness) practiced Monday and could be available against the Avalanche.

Dahlin and Larsson sat out Monday's session for "maintenance". Availability for the Colorado game 2/20 will be determined Tuesday morning.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Linus Ullmark - Buffalo Sabres - NHL
Linus Ullmark (lower body) has resumed on-ice workouts, as he is making progress in his recovery.

"He’s in a good place," coach Ralph Krueger said on Thursday. "He’s got some skates on now, which is obviously an important step to be taking, and let’s see how it goes. But we are optimistic about the way rehab is going at this point. There’s been no setbacks and he’s on schedule." He's likely out at least through this week. Ullmark was initially given a three-to-four week timetable for his return after getting injured on Jan. 28 against Ottawa.
Source: Buffalo News
Feb 21, 2020, 9:30 AM ET

Reactions: FromChaos22

Member 308457

Sabres need to cut Okposo loose. Though I feel bad for what he went through and I don't care if board moderators love him and they shout me down. $6 million a year isn't even close to what he gives to the team and to the fans. A checking winger with 19 points this year should earn in the $2 mil range. And the Sabres have the unique "privilege" of having this drag on the lineup for another three years, with his mounting history of injuries and problems.

But I have zero confidence in management and the Sabres will be down another $18 mil before we know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->