2019/20 Roster Thread XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm going to guess they are going to go with largely the same lineup that won 9 of their last 10. i.e. No Frost or Gostisbehere (who ruined the streak). Frost will magically be ready for the NHL next year without ever playing another AHL game.

Hell have put on 3 lbs by then and obviously be much more physically suited to the NHL game style.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Ghost is 100%, he'll play over Hagg, Ghost was shut down b/c his knee was getting worse, not better.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think you could see some pretty big changes depending on who looks better after whatever camp they have. Especially since there should be 30 guys all training together, and guys like Frost and Bunnaman won't be out of sight out of mind.

As far as Ghost goes, it's going to be much easier for him to get back in the lineup when everyone is coming off a three month break than it was when he had missed 4-6 weeks with a knee injury in the middle of the season.

Last edited:

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
i wonder with all this extra time off if NPs any closer to actualy being a roster player..

personaly im braced for never seeing him lace up for Philly again.
I'm sure he'll be back at some point. But who knows when that will be. I hope he can be a full time roster player again next season, but it's impossible to predict at this point.

Time is still on his side though. He's just 21.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Guessing Patrick is still status quo. We really understimated this thing. Looks like the 1 1/2 year Stephen Johns timeline is a lot more realistic. Good times.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I re-watched the Flyers-Blues game from January 15th last night. One of the most entertaining games of the season to date. Provorov & Niskanen were excellent. Konecny played well. Myers & Sanheim had a few coverage gaffes but we’re overall defensively sound on the majority of their shifts. Elliott let in some softies. Every time Stewart touched the puck he threw it away or bobbled it. Sanheim set him up for what looked like a golden opportunity and Stewart flubbed it in spectacular fashion. Friedman played well too.

Last edited:

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I re-watched the Flyers-Blues game from January 15th last night. One of the most entertaining games of the season to date. Provorov & Niskanen were excellent. Konecny played well. Myers & Sanheim had a few coverage gaffes but we’re overall defensively sound on the majority of their shifts. Elliott let in some softies. Every time Stewart touched the puck he threw it away or bobbled it. Sanheim set him up for what looked like a golden opportunity and Stewart flubbed it in spectacular fashion. Friedman played well too.
Chris Stewart dressed for a game in January! :shakehead Needed that big body presence for a physical team. *barf*

I certainly hope the Stewart signing is the biggest blunder of the Fletcher era, but I'm not holding my breath.

Stewie's final NHL game.

It better be, but I'm not as confident as you are.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Chris Stewart dressed for a game in January! :shakehead Needed that big body presence for a physical team. *barf*

I certainly hope the Stewart signing is the biggest blunder of the Fletcher era, but I'm not holding my breath.

If that's the worst blunder Fletcher makes, he's headed to the HOF.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
It makes me angry that he's already 27. I hope he can play another decade.
If he lifts the next three cups, he can retire at 30 :DD

He already has a lot of NHL-wear on the treads due to starting young (647 regular season games!) and generally the hardest minutes, mitigated somewhat by the lack of long playoff runs and general games lost to injury and lockout. Would love to see him win a Selke or two, get paid, earn his silver stick, and gracefully slide back down to 3C for a few years before calling it quits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->