2019/20 Roster Thread XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
NAK’s shot really impressed me. I figured he would have put up more goals in the AHL with that release.

Gordon effect?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
NAK’s shot really impressed me. I figured he would have put up more goals in the AHL with that release.

Gordon effect?
My guess is that he pots 13-15 goals next year if he stays up all year. I don’t think that’s too far off.

He could very well be a ~40 point checking F in the future. He was pacing for 16 goals and 18 assists through 82 games this year in the B6.

With more talent in the lineup next year, and more time to train, I don’t see any reason why that breakout can’t happen next year.

BlackandOrange

Jul 12, 2018
Breadalbane, PE
Playing Franchise Hockey Manager 6 exclusively as the GM, so I have no control over lines. Gabriel is a 17/20 enforcer, Giroux is an 18/20 Playmaker, Coots is an 18/20 Two Way Forward, and Gothisbere is a 16/20 Quarterback. Provo is the next best player at 14/20 Mobile Defenceman. AI Vigneault keeps trying to dress Gabriel way too high on my roster. It is infuriating.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Playing Franchise Hockey Manager 6 exclusively as the GM, so I have no control over lines. Gabriel is a 17/20 enforcer, Giroux is an 18/20 Playmaker, Coots is an 18/20 Two Way Forward, and Gothisbere is a 16/20 Quarterback. Provo is the next best player at 14/20 Mobile Defenceman. AI Vigneault keeps trying to dress Gabriel way too high on my roster. It is infuriating.

I play EHM still instead when I do play. I tried FHM for a while but I dont think the database is close to as good... and I feel it is clunkier.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I play EHM still instead when I do play. I tried FHM for a while but I dont think the database is close to as good... and I feel it is clunkier.

I also like the fact that EHM isn't repackaged every year and overpriced when it is barely improved upon from the following year like FHM is (and also the EA NHL games, which are even more of a joke). Updates are much more convenient for a game like that than "new" versions every season

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I also like the fact that EHM isn't repackaged every year and overpriced when it is barely improved upon from the following year like FHM is (and also the EA NHL games, which are even more of a joke). Updates are much more convenient for a game like that than "new" versions every season

Yeh... it is also so unbelievably mod-able. Can get new rosters from EHM The Blueline that are pretty great... maybe ~3-4 years of future drafts classes with real players, every players face in the game, correct ice logos etc.

Not a surprise though. SI are the greatest management game creators in history.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Yeh... it is also so unbelievably mod-able. Can get new rosters from EHM The Blueline that are pretty great... maybe ~3-4 years of future drafts classes with real players, every players face in the game, correct ice logos etc.

Not a surprise though. SI are the greatest management game creators in history.

Yeah, SI are quite good. I still play FM every now and then, and I'm not a soccer fan at all. Their management aspects are very fun

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Yeah, SI are quite good. I still play FM every now and then, and I'm not a soccer fan at all. Their management aspects are very fun

It came out a few years back that a LOT of professional soccer teams (and Prozone, one of the biggest professional sports data companies) were using Football Manager as a scouting tool and player database... as it was so complete and pretty darn accurate as well.

Everton signed a deal with SI in 2008 to have extra access to their database.
Prozone signed a deal with them in 2014.
Multiple real managers (Solskjaer being one) have said that the game actually helped them be better managers haha.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
It came out a few years back that a LOT of professional soccer teams (and Prozone, one of the biggest professional sports data companies) were using Football Manager as a scouting tool and player database... as it was so complete and pretty darn accurate as well.

Everton signed a deal with SI in 2008 to have extra access to their database.
Prozone signed a deal with them in 2014.
Multiple real managers (Solskjaer being one) have said that the game actually helped them be better managers haha.

It sounds crazy at first, but when you realize SI has their own local "scouts" to create their database, it makes sense.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Come Playoff time. Everyone’s healthy? What u think Vig is gonna rock?
Now that AHL season is over think maybe Frosty comes in?

Playing Pens in Round 1. I think we beat them with speed. Not size. Remember when Hakstol had Raffl playing on the 1st line

here is what I would do !

Giroux — Couturier — Voracek
Farabee — Hayes — Konecny
JVR — Frost — Aube Kubel
Laughton — Grant — Raffl

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
You know you're getting Thompson and Hagg... if they actually play... ever again. Sigh.

that’s what I’m afraid off. I mean I get for depth , those guys are good to have. But to start them over skilled players really hurts to see. f*** this Protecting / Sheltering players. Let’s run up the scoreboard, try to take a run at the Cup!

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
that’s what I’m afraid off. I mean I get for depth , those guys are good to have. But to start them over skilled players really hurts to see. f*** this Protecting / Sheltering players. Let’s run up the scoreboard, try to take a run at the Cup!

To be fair, defensive and overall structure is going to be extremely important after such a long layoff. It's understandable that they will rely on their vets in such a situation, IMO.

That's not to say someone like Gost couldn't get in there as that's a tough call if he is fully healthy (and he looked healthy that last game) but I'd assume Thompson is the 4th center over a rookie center who hasn't really staked out a spot yet. At least that's how I see it playing out.

Ideally they would have a couple/few games as a run up to get guys in there who might be needed to play and go with who looks best for those final couple spots at F and D.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad