2019/20 Roster Thread XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Just to quickly recap who Dough boy is defending...

League-wide of defensemen with over 500 min at 5v5...
183 of 197 in CF%
170 of 198 in xGF%
189 of 197 in CF/60
143 of 197 in CA/60
181 of 197 in xGF/60
113 of 197 in xGA/60
197 of 197 in CF%rel
193 of 197 in CF/60rel
197 of 197 in xGF%rel
191 of 197 in xGF/60rel
1 of 197 in PDO (aka luck)

(I know Dougherty and the other pro-Hagg guys wouldn't understand that these scary stats are simply results and not magical witchcraft, but that's part of why they're so lost)

And his stats are far worse when not being carried by Ghost (and Ghosts are much better away from Hagg)... so imagine where he'd be without his babysitter. :laugh:

And yet the most important stat for a defenseman is the one that hes middle of the NHL pack in.

Where are the stats of goals for and goals against? Or do they not matter?

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I'd rather talk politics than see this debate again. At least theres some merit to both the politics sides.
tenor.gif

We can have both arguments at the same time though!

This fall - Trump out of office or Hagg off the Flyers. You can only pick one!

(Don't seriously start answering this please people. This is a joke.)

Reactions: Starat327

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
And yet the most important stat for a defenseman is the one that hes middle of the NHL pack in.

Where are the stats of goals for and goals against? Or do they not matter?
This is a case where you are incorrectly using a statistical inference; “most important stat for Hagg is the one where he’s the middle of the pack”. Sorry, it’s not verbatim, but you should get the gist.

Striiker correctly inferences the distribution of probability - which is the story these stats tell. Using one out of the group creates an error of distribution. The underlying metric discussions on HF are all over the place because people don’t understand the math behind it or even statistics in general. Striiker’s post, whether he was trying to or not, correctly shows the distributions and its effects- which is what statistical inferencing does. You don’t need a modeled analysis to see that Hagg is a net negative. There really is no discussion. I don’t get it.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This is a case where you are incorrectly using a statistical inference; “most important stat for Hagg is the one where he’s the middle of the pack”. Sorry, it’s not verbatim, but you should get the gist.

Striiker correctly inferences the distribution of probability - which is the story these stats tell. Using one out of the group creates an error of distribution. The underlying metric discussions on HF are all over the place because people don’t understand the math behind it or even statistics in general. Striiker’s post, whether he was trying to or not, correctly shows the distributions and its effects- which is what statistical inferencing does. You don’t need a modeled analysis to see that Hagg is a net negative. There really is no discussion. I don’t get it.

The endless defense of Hagg as a means to denigrate Ghost is the most baffling thing to me. It makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad