Roster Moves: 2019/20 Roster Thread XXVII (Braun, Gostisbehere Surgery Out 3 Weeks; Friedman and Kase recalled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
So........who is our permanent 3C now? Vorobyev? Laughton when he returns? Why is Andreoff in the starting 12 (who you’d expect Laughton would sub in for). He’s straight out of the VandeVelde school of feckless fecklessness. Ugh. Any way you slice it, our center and overall depth took a hit. Unless they put Giroux back to center. Huzzah.

Reactions: Chinatown88

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Demoting one of the more creative players on the team wasn't the plan I had in mind to increase the scoring output. Wonder if things would be different if Pitlick buried that breakaway chance created by Frost last night...or if he weren't paying with Pitlick to begin with.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I'm not dissapointed that Frost has been sent down. I still think he has plenty to learn at the AHL level. It can only be beneficial to him to gain more icetime in all situations on the farm team.

I'm am however disappointed that Andreoff and Stewart still have roster spots over him. I kind of understand why Stewart is here, but I dont think Ive seen #10 do a single positive action on the big club. While Frost isn't suited to a crash and bang role, he certainly is more suited to the third line than Raffl or Andreoff.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Frost is down and Andy is up, I believe the NAK school of logic is trying to tell us something here

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
A bit confusing to send Frost down after Andreoff cleared.

Didn't really expect Frost to stick when the team got to full strength, but also didn't expect him to be sent down this early.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Why the f*** did they send Frost down?

They, uh, dont have a 3C now.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
As good as the teams record is, this is a seriously depressing time with all the injuries and all the ways the coaches/GM are finding to f*** over the team.

Its impossible to have faith in them and think they’ll do what’s best for the team. They keep proving they don’t know what they’re doing.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Lmfao look at these lines. These are comical.

Went from a great bottom 6 before Christmas to maybe the worst bottom 6 in the NHL a week later.

Will look a lot better with Laughton back in the lineup. Raffl isn't your ideal 3C, but Frost has been pretty uninspiring the last couple weeks. He had every opportunity. Top line, PP, etc. He's just not ready yet.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Frost just isn’t ready. If you didn’t see this coming, you were viewing through lenses of hope instead of reality.

Reactions: renberg

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Will look a lot better with Laughton back in the lineup. Raffl isn't your ideal 3C, but Frost has been pretty uninspiring the last couple weeks. He had every opportunity. Top line, PP, etc. He's just not ready yet.

He was on a 35 point pace as the 3C. I dont know what else people expected from a rookie with his usage.

If your expectations are much higher then that, you are the issue.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
People shamelessly defending the staffs mistakes, as always. Guess we shouldn’t be surprised it’s the same people who defend Stewart.

Frost is a better 3C than Vorobyev or Laughton. End of story. There’s no defending this screw up. It made the team worse and they aren’t smart enough to realize it.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
From a sheer talent and win now mentality without question Frost is better than Vorobyev. If they think Frost will do better long term by being sent down I'll live with it. What I don't want is to overpay at the deadline for some third line hack rental and having Frost wasting away.

Reactions: bobbythebrain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad