Roster Moves: 2019/20 Roster Thread XXVI [Dec. 29: Andreoff cleared waivers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If he knew how to ****ing hit, TK might not have been concussed. The fact that Boro****ingwhatever got a massive gash on his eye brow because their heads collided tells me that he has not idea how to line up a hit.

Watch one of Provorovs hit from this year. His body his sideways and he drives his shoulder right through the chest. Boro****face didn't go into the hit sideways which caused the helmet to helmet contact. Because this league is a joke, that is still allowed.

The helmet to helmet contact isn't relevant. Hits don't need to be made side-on. Hits made directly to the body can cause concussions.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Because there's nothing in the rule book against players heads colliding as the result of a check. It wasn't a head butt.

Reactions: Karl Eriksson

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I wouldn't want to watch hockey if it became figure skating, you can't take incidental contact out without basically removing all hitting.

It's the egregious crap that needs a hard crackdown, cross checking to the back of the net, slamming guys head first into the boards, throwing elbows at heads, etc.
None of this crap has anything to do with playing physical, it's players deliberately trying to injure other players.

Reactions: IronMarshal and JXC

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
It looked to me like Boro had him lined up ready to go, and was dead set on making the hit, puck possession be damned. When it came time to hit, he just staled into him without actually trying to make a check.
I never liked Boro, and thought he was an assclown along the lines of Carrillo and Rinaldo.
I don’t think there was an intent to injure, but an intent to hit willingly taking an interference call for no reason. He gooned it up just to goon it up. The head contact in incidental because the assclown didn’t make an actual check.
Incidental head contact should not be fined or suspension worthy, you cannot control an accident. Sometimes things just happen. It’s an unfortunate occupational injury.
I wish TK the best in a speedy recovery.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Incidental doesn’t matter anymore in basketball - if you contact someone’s head, it is reviewed and can result in free throws, possession, and / or disqualification. Football is same, I think.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Maybe Braun shouldn't be passing to someone who is lined up for a hit.

On that note over in the NFL, it was pretty funny to see Brady ring up Edelman with a pass that got him creamed after he gave that interview lamenting how back in his day QBs had to learn not to do that kind of thing.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Because there's nothing in the rule book against players heads colliding as the result of a check. It wasn't a head butt.

I'm aware of that, but the point I was making in the original comment you responded to is that his hitting form was awful, which caused the helmet to helmet contact. Furthermore to that original point, if the league really reduce head injuries as much as possible they will make all head contact illegal, regardless of intent.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The NBA has gone to the opposite extreme, where legitimate basketball plays are called flagrant fouls.

But the NBA has to completely squash any possibility of fighting, b/c serious things can happen when big men start swinging with their feet planted on wood, not ice. There is rarely anyone injured in a NHL fight these days, but one can imagine horrible scenarios if a NBA game got out of control, not just players, but fans right on the court.

Reactions: JXC

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
There was nothing wrong with his form. He stood a guy up who had just received a hospital pass.

Incidental, unintentional head on head contact is never going to be penalized.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Avs must be licking their chops at the prospect of getting to go at Chris Stewart.

The Flyers have a roster spot and the cap space to call up a forward. They don't even need to put TK on IR.

Reactions: BiggE

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Maybe Braun shouldn't be passing to someone who is lined up for a hit.

Agreed, to a certain extent. Braun needs to be smarter, but I also see those kinds of dangerous passes in just about every hockey game. The difference is that 10 years ago a player would have been pummeled in open ice, whereas now players have 'evolved' to back off or not even look for those hits when players are vulnerable. It's a very tame game now.

Remember that Downie hit in preseason behind the Sens net? He almost launched that guy to another planet. Those kinds of hits (albeit way less violent) used to occur regularly, but again, they've decreased as the players have slowly changed the way they view hitting.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
There was nothing wrong with his form. He stood a guy up who had just received a hospital pass.

Incidental, unintentional head on head contact is never going to be penalized.

Agree to disagree. Usually when you hit someone properly (body turned sideways, shoulder first, elbow tucked) you don't end up with a giant gash on your eye brow. But I digress.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Agreed, to a certain extent. Braun needs to be smarter, but I also see those kinds of dangerous passes in just about every hockey game. The difference is that 10 years ago a player would have been pummeled in open ice, whereas now players have 'evolved' to back off or not even look for those hits when players are vulnerable. It's a very tame game now.

Remember that Downie hit in preseason behind the Sens net? He almost launched that guy to another planet. Those kinds of hits (albeit way less violent) used to occur regularly, but again, they've decreased as the players have slowly changed the way they view hitting.

That Downie hit was awful even for that time period. He was suspended like 20+ games.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That Downie hit was awful even for that time period. He was suspended like 20+ games.

The guy’s body was parallel to the ice before contact. That was an egregiously bad hit for any era.

That hit was before Richards’ on Booth & Cooke’s on Savard that got nothing at the time but birthed the head shot rules/crackdown.

Reactions: Rebels57

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
Myers isn't going to Colorado either due to back spasms acting up. So Stewart and Hagg both get to play. This board should be fun to read........

Reactions: God Bless Mr Gritty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad