Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Continue here...

------------------

------------------

Flyers recall speedy winger David Kase from Phantoms to replace injured Oskar Lindblom

Flyers recall speedy winger David Kase from Phantoms to replace injured Oskar Lindblom

Vigneault said reports from general manager Chuck Fletcher and Phantoms coach Scott Gordon, call Kase a solid two-way player “who brings a lot of energy and is a quick skater, a guy who gets in on the forecheck. They were really pleased with his progress. They’re a little bit like us right now. They have quite a few guys who are out, so on their list of guys who are playing well, he was the next guy on the list."

Kase (pronounced kayh-SHEH) will become the sixth Flyer to make his NHL debut this season. The others: Carsen Twarynski, Connor Bunnaman, Farabee, German Rubtsov, and Frost.

The 5-foot-11, 170-pound Kase served as the 2017 captain of the Czech Republic team in the World Juniors. He did not arrive in time for Wednesday’s morning skate in Denver.

Kase’s brother, Ondrej, is a 24-year-old winger with Anaheim who scored 20 goals for the Ducks in 2017-18.​

Last edited by a moderator:

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
The hit was a bit late, and it sucks that TK is injured, but the hit itself was fine.

What I don’t like is the predatory nature of the hit, it’s pretty obvious a deflection play. Boro is making a hit there no matter what is going to happen. That’s the issue I had with it.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The hit was a bit late, and it sucks that TK is injured, but the hit itself was fine.

What I don’t like is the predatory nature of the hit, it’s pretty obvious a deflection play. Boro is making a hit there no matter what is going to happen. That’s the issue I had with it.

Yeah, I dont think that it was a dirty hit per se, but definitely seems ill intentioned.

Reactions: VladDrag

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

Sucks that he got hurt but I have no issue at all with the hit. You have to be aware of your surroundings at all time. If that means you miss a play because are avoiding a hit, so be it. Otherwise you take the hit and try to make the play. Predatory or not, that is a good play. Make the hit on defense and next time the Neck comes around he's probably going to avoid the hit. That's how I want our defenders play. Gudas was particularly good at this.

Reactions: The Expert

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It was helmet to helmet, that's what concussed TK.
B outweighs him by 30 lbs, and basic physics says TK will do the bouncing.

Maybe we should trade for Simmonds before 12/11? :sarcasm:

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Sucks that he got hurt but I have no issue at all with the hit. You have to be aware of your surroundings at all time. If that means you miss a play because are avoiding a hit, so be it. Otherwise you take the hit and try to make the play. Predatory or not, that is a good play. Make the hit on defense and next time the Neck comes around he's probably going to avoid the hit. That's how I want our defenders play. Gudas was particularly good at this.
I don’t really agree with that. You should not expect to get hit when you don’t have the puck. Boro made the check on suspicion, ie he committed to the check before analyzing the situation. TK didn’t have the puck when hit and only touched it for a fraction of a second.

If you want to get rid of head injuries then these types of plays need to be penalized.

Reactions: Domino666

Expectations

Mar 2, 2018
Flyers have really healthy as a team so far this season, something like this was bound to happen sooner or later but it sucks it had to be TK

Reactions: PhlthyRich

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
That should have been a suspension. Head contact to an defenseless player - protect the players from taking head shots. It should be simple.

Not saying it should be lengthy but a game or two sounds right.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Shoutout to Braun for the suicide pass. Great addition.

Obviously losing TK is a huge loss of individual ability, but this also completely screws over the Giroux-Frost line because now they’ll have nobody decent to play with and will get even more misused than they already were. They’ve been our best line since Ghost came back, even I spite of the bad usage. Ideally they just move Farabee up to that line but more likely it’ll end up being Pitlick or something.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
It was a great hit. And of course it was ill-intentioned. The point of a hard hit isn’t to be nice. Were Lindros’s big hits well intentioned? Was he trying to be pleasant to Andreas Dackell? Did Flyers fans still cheer when he destroyed people?

Reactions: Karl Eriksson

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It was a clean hit, we'd cheer a Flyer who made that hit, no elbow to the head or other such nonsense.
Pitlick should move up, he's been on fire and give G & Frost a physical guy who'll do the dirty work for them.
Putting Farabee on that line is just asking for trouble.

They're an explosive line, but vulnerable on the road when the opposing HC calls the matchups, I want to put a fast checking line on them and grind them down.

Reactions: Karl Eriksson

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Shoutout to Braun for the suicide pass. Great addition.

Obviously losing TK is a huge loss of individual ability, but this also completely screws over the Giroux-Frost line because now they’ll have nobody decent to play with and will get even more misused than they already were. They’ve been our best line since Ghost came back, even I spite of the bad usage. Ideally they just move Farabee up to that line but more likely it’ll end up being Pitlick or something.

I really hope this is a joke.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

If he knew how to f***ing hit, TK might not have been concussed. The fact that Borof***ingwhatever got a massive gash on his eye brow because their heads collided tells me that he has not idea how to line up a hit.

Watch one of Provorovs hit from this year. His body his sideways and he drives his shoulder right through the chest. Borof***face didn't go into the hit sideways which caused the helmet to helmet contact. Because this league is a joke, that is still allowed.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
The biggest problem I have with the hit is without saying they lose TK for however long, but its the inconsistency of the league to call these hits, they try to portray they want to eliminate all the head injuries, yet here we are again, another questionable hit that there wasn't a call on the ice, and here's the problem if that was Sid, or McDavid Borof***stain gets a 10 min misconduct there, which I like but it didn't happen in TK's case which it should have it should always be made a big deal when the head is involved, the league is still sending mixed messages about this shit, they need to do better

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The biggest problem I have with the hit is without saying they lose TK for however long, but its the inconsistency of the league to call these hits, they try to portray they want to eliminate all the head injuries, yet here we are again, another questionable hit that there wasn't a call on the ice, and here's the problem if that was Sid, or McDavid Boro****stain gets a 10 min misconduct there, which I like but it didn't happen in TK's case which it should have it should always be made a big deal when the head is involved, the league is still sending mixed messages about this ****, they need to do better

They are still allowing incidental head contact which means they really don't give a shit about head injuries. They only care about not wanting to get sued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->