Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
JVR LAughton Farabee isn't a 4th line
JVR LAughton Twar ( IF Nolan isn't on LTIR ) Isn't a 4th line

Where are these 3rd and 4th lines that are so good around the NHL ??

Farabee isn't on the roster.

Ok maybe JVR - Laughton - Twar isn't a 4th line..but it's a really suspect 3rd line lol..and I expect it to be Lindblom and not JVR.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Farabee isn't on the roster.

Ok maybe JVR - Laughton - Twar isn't a 4th line..but it's a really suspect 3rd line lol..and I expect it to be Lindblom and not JVR.

When then that will make the 3rd line even better !

Farabee cant be on the roster, I hope tomm he is !!

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
What about a penguin sweater?

03cc6e47a66cd0ac0f8112dff8c7ac02.jpg

too risky

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I'd bet within a few weeks people will be wondering why they're still in the NHL.

They got a few lucky points in preseason and even then they were invisible 99% of the time. Meanwhile Farabee and Frost got plenty of chances but had no luck.
Yeah on one hand I can respect rewarding guys who came in and performed well in camp, when it was made very clear it was a clean slate and people would have to earn spots. However, it is a known fact that preseason hockey isn't a good representation of an 82 game NHL season. I'd expect the "performances" to regress to the mean a bit. It is unfortunate that it seems like "production" played a big part in roster spots despite all the talk about process.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Welcome to Strikker world, and any D man who plays with Provy
Is saying Farabee is better or that they won't keep up their scoring really shitting on them? :laugh:

If so every comparison on this board is shitting on people.

I didn't bash them, I only said they're not our best options, which is indisputably true.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The thought of Lindblom on the third line makes me want to vomit.

I just think he can thrive there more than JVR and would add a much needed two-way component. Laughton isn't great defensively at C and Twar's defensive play is a relative unknown.

Plus I really liked that Farabee - Laughton - Lindblom line in Switzerland so if Twar can be a placeholder until they can put in Farabee, then we are in business.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Those 5 hour energy things are disgusting. How anyone can get that down without gaging is beyond me. I attempted one, and my whole body contracted at the same time to get that vile substance out of me. Interestingly enough, same thing happened to me when i accidentally put on a penguins hat. Not even the team, a hat of a penguin. That is how deep my hate runs.

However i have had Bang . Jesus ****, i was cranked up for a good 4 hours on that thing.
Hahahahaha. Reminds me of when I had to burn a hat...

As a much younger youth, I had a beanie that was Cleveland Browns colors. Nothing related to the team whatsoever. And I really liked the hat. My brother stopped dead one day and said you can’t wear that hat. He was absolutely right. Took it off and when we got back home I got a little gas and torched it.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I just think he can thrive there more than JVR and would add a much needed two-way component. Laughton isn't great defensively at C and Twar's defensive play is a relative unknown.

Plus I really liked that Farabee - Laughton - Lindblom line in Switzerland so if Twar can be a placeholder until they can put in Farabee, then we are in business.

I’m of the thought that JvR needs to be protected on a third line with high offensive zone starts and PP time.

I want Lindblom on the second line. That also would work more with a better third line.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Is saying Farabee is better or that they won't keep up their scoring really ****ting on them? :laugh:

If so every comparison on this board is ****ting on people.

I didn't bash them, I only said they're not our best options, which is indisputably true.

They can't both play 3RW, one of them looks to be a good option for 4th line, who is the better option for 4th line ????

And good chance Farabee is there on Friday, and if not Friday, it will be very soon.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Then there shouldn’t be so many people defending the fact they got picked.
picked for? To play?

It's rewarding kids that actually played well when given the opportunity. Not letting them play would be stupid especially with the injuries we have had.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They can't both play 3RW, one of them looks to be a good option for 4th line, who is the better option for 4th line ????

And good chance Farabee is there on Friday, and if not Friday, it will be very soon.

By the way..if Farabee doesn't play on Friday..I actually think it will be Raffl on the 3rd line with Laughton and JVR/Lindblom.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah on one hand I can respect rewarding guys who came in and performed well in camp, when it was made very clear it was a clean slate and people would have to earn spots. However, it is a known fact that preseason hockey isn't a good representation of an 82 game NHL season. I'd expect the "performances" to regress to the mean a bit. It is unfortunate that it seems like "production" played a big part in roster spots despite all the talk about process.
Finally someone who is thinking straight. Too many people on here are overvaluing it.

And I also value rewarding players, but I don't think preseason scoring is worth rewarding. If they had been sent down and performed over the course of the AHL season then I'd have rewarded them by placing them at the top of the call-up list in the event of an injury (instead of calling up AHL vet nobodies like we did last year) or possibly even giving them a spot on next seasons roster, depending on how well they played.

But a few unsustainable preseason points shouldn't be enough to push them ahead of someone like Farabee or Frost.

Reactions: wasup

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I’m of the thought that JvR needs to be protected on a third line with high offensive zone starts and PP time.

I want Lindblom on the second line. That also would work more with a better third line.

A sheltered JVR - Frost - Farabee line makes me giddy.

I can see JVR finishing all of Frosts great playmaking (like Katchouk in Soo) and Farabee helping to drive/keep possesion.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
picked for? To play?

It's rewarding kids that actually played well when given the opportunity. Not letting them play would be stupid especially with the injuries we have had.
Picked to be on the roster.

And reward the kids who play well over an entire season, not a tiny handful of meaningless games. There's no way anyone on here is truly foolish enough to believe Twarynski is a better option to play on the 3rd line than Farabee, no matter what happened in preseason.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
See Bold, and some suggest last years team was better,,,
I honestly don’t think anyone is suggesting that. If I’m wrong then shame on them. The bug up everyone’s ass is that we haven’t maximized our roster.

I’m willing to give a flyer for the first month whilst av gets it together. Fletcher painted us into a corner already with cap short term (I can’t imagine what hextall is thinking about that turn of events). That can’t be undone. So, the perpetual optimist I’ve become, is going to wait and actually see how they perform before I call for...

A shake up trade.

Bringing up more yutes.

Punting the season and going rebuild.

Or whatever.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Finally someone who is thinking straight. Too many people on here are overvaluing it.

And I also value rewarding players, but I don't think preseason scoring is worth rewarding. If they had been sent down and performed over the course of the AHL season then I'd have rewarded them by placing them at the top of the call-up list in the event of an injury (instead of calling up AHL vet nobodies like we did last year) or possibly even giving them a spot on next seasons roster, depending on how well they played.

But a few unsustainable preseason points shouldn't be enough to push them ahead of someone like Farabee or Frost.

Colorado went 6-0 in preseason in 2016 and then followed it up with 22 wins and 48 points in 82 games. Lowest in the modern-era if i'm not mistaken :laugh:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Farabee should be on the 3rd line and then Twarynski or Pitlick can be on the 4th.

Bunnaman can be 4C until the exact second Frost is able to come up, whether that's already the case or in the near future. Then you put him at 3C and bump Laughton back down.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
By the way..if Farabee doesn't play on Friday..I actually think it will be Raffl on the 3rd line with Laughton and JVR/Lindblom.

I wouldn't be against that. Raffl's a good guy to have to shift between 3rd and 4th line wing. That's a 3rd line that I at least wouldn't be petrified they would be scored against every time they're on the ice, although the offensive upside is limited. JVR could be an X factor, both positively and negatively.

Reactions: Rebels57

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC

And Laughton is a placeholder for Patrick (when healthy), then we are in business.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
A sheltered JVR - Frost - Farabee line makes me giddy.

I can see JVR finishing all of Frosts great playmaking (like Katchouk in Soo) and Farabee helping to drive/keep possesion.
I feel like this was the mindset from the get go, except with Patrick. We were always going to match couturier and Hayes against other teams first and second scoring threats. We would have the chance to cave in other teams bottom sixes instead of vice versa.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
did you see my second post after it?
The one about offering a PTO to “someone who can at least move?”

Like who else who was on PTO? Matt Read? Zac Rinaldo? AMac?

And Stewart can move. His skating isn’t nearly as bad as some make it out to be.

He’s not a goon. He had 10 goals in 54 games just 2 years ago. And he does offer size which is something they’re deficient in. So for a wildcard spare PTO option, it made sense. The fuss about it is ridiculously overblown. Some people just have a strong bias against big, physical players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->