2019-20 Roster Thread XIII: The Roster Molding Molds On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
“I've worked together with Chuck before, in Pittsburgh and Minnesota, so I know him very well. I worked with Michel Therrien as his assistant in the American League and the NHL in Pittsburgh. I always respected Alain immensely from coaching against him because of how well-coached his teams are in the way they execute their systems. With Lappy [Ian Laperriere], after five minutes, you feel like you've been friends with him for 25 years. So I'm really excited to work with all these guys."

More bro than coach. :laugh:

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Not sure if posted already, but this was pretty good. I like where Yeo's head is regarding the PK.

He says the right things. That’s all I’ve got for now...

I feel like each interview should have a simple question at the end.

If a player is exceeding expectations, do you...

A. Increase said players playing time
B. Keep said players playing time the same
C. Decrease said players playing time

If it’s either b or c you slap them upside the head with the mic or whatever recording device.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Not sure if posted already, but this was pretty good. I like where Yeo's head is regarding the PK.

This fits exactly what I've been saying all offseason, Fletcher's focus has been fixing the defense and the PK, the offense will be there as the PP returns to form and they add more scoring depth.

This is why he added Braun, he has plenty of mobile, puck moving defenseman, he wanted someone to be the conscience of the defense, Braun may be limited offensively but he's been one of the top defensive defensemen in the league and will give them a coach on the ice.

And why we have Pitlick instead of Hartman, Fletcher wanted more forwards who can PK and forecheck, not a frustrated scorer stuck on the 4th line.

Yeo and Therrien may have been failures as HCs, but that experience should make them better assistant coaches, now they understand what AV is trying to accomplish and how their units have to work together - when all you do is focus on one area, you lose sight of the big picture.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
More bro than coach. :laugh:
giphy.gif

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I wonder if Stewart is just really good friends with one of the coaches, Fletcher, etc. and just asked to come hang out. That seems like it would be an enjoyable few days/weeks for a hockey player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad