2019-20 Roster Speculation Pt. 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2005
Niagara Falls
We had a bad period against Florida. Many good teams over the past two seasons have had bad periods against us. Rarely any team has a perfect game anymore.

Ideally we want to reduce periods like that, but we should not be looking more into it then what it is.

Dahlin 2 Eichel

Sep 21, 2013
Roaming The Sewers
We had a bad period against Florida. Many good teams over the past two seasons have had bad periods against us. Rarely any team has a perfect game anymore.

Ideally we want to reduce periods like that, but we should not be looking more into it then what it is.
It’s like people forget that these teams are made of humans. Tampa was a stone cold killer of a team last year. Well they just lost to Ottawa. Just because a good team has a bad period or two doesn’t mean they are a sinking mess.

Dahlin 2 Eichel

Sep 21, 2013
Roaming The Sewers
So since Joker has been pretty much told he will be sticking with the Sabres, what does that mean for us when the other guys become healthy. Majority thought he would be going down.

PS: Joker for Nylander trade looking looooooopsided

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Nevertheless, the team was at the top of the table and then fell off the cliff. Now we have started well, but 5 games is too small to draw serious conclusions, and even for these 5 games there were disturbing moments of the past seasons.
They played 2 years under Housley and 5 games under Krueger.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
So, in the most Buffalo bit of news ever:

My cousin, who lived next to Bogosian, told my uncle who told my dad that the Sabres are shopping Ristolainen.

And yes, my dad actually told me this on the phone last night.

I'll be spreading out more hot news takes from my Insiderrrrrr sources as the season goes on.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex

My cousin, who lived next to Bogosian, told my uncle who told my dad that the Sabres are shopping Ristolainen.

I'll be spreading out more hot news takes from my Insiderrrrrr sources as the season goes on.

Explains the 30 scouts at the Sabres game the other night.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
So since Joker has been pretty much told he will be sticking with the Sabres, what does that mean for us when the other guys become healthy. Majority thought he would be going down.

When Pilut is healthy he'll play in Rochester.
When Montour is healthy, Lazar goes back to Rochester.
When Sheary is healthy, Gilmour will be sent down. He'll have to clear waivers. There will be much complaining by fans. Since he hasn't played a minute, I see it as most likely.
When Bogo is healthy, worlds collide. :laugh:
I recall in preseason that Krueger mentioned he likes carrying 8 dmen on his roster.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
You all are going to be super shocked and eating crow when Ristolainen returns way more than you think.

RHD, young, offensive, great contract for production, physical, graduate of the Tre White School of Goaltending Advance Celly
program.

Going to return a haul.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
It’s like people forget that these teams are made of humans. Tampa was a stone cold killer of a team last year. Well they just lost to Ottawa. Just because a good team has a bad period or two doesn’t mean they are a sinking mess.

Most teams have so so 20-25 game stretches in a season who make the playoffs.

Tampa had some roster change so they have to rebuild chemistry

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY

“My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend, heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl that saw Bogo pass out at Lake Effect Ice Cream last night...I guess it’s pretty serious”

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

As soon as Krueger shortens the bench with Vesey on Jack’s line it’s shut down time. The reaction from the players to that has been panicking. In the Panthers game it was a hair on fire levels of panic.

That’s definitely a problem that needs cleaning up.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Its crazy to think we still have Montour and Pilut waiting to come back from injury

There is no reason why Botts can't flip some defence to get a top 6. Imagine replacing Sobotka with a competent 25 goal scorer.

Botts has an opportunity to turn this team into a very strong playoff team.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt

As soon as Krueger shortens the bench with Vesey on Jack’s line it’s shut down time. The reaction from the players to that has been panicking. In the Panthers game it was a hair on fire levels of panic.

I didn't understand benching Olofsson for Vesey in the third period when Vesey hasn't shown a thing. Seemed like a strange decesion.

I did like that Kreuger turned to Olofsson and Dahlin in overtime showing he has confidence in the two.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

At this point, I'd hope they would try to step on a team that's down with a full offensive press than to play a shell game. It seems they're more confident in how they play when they're attacking. There will be plenty of time to work on how to do the chess match later.

Reactions: joshjull

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
So, what happens when Montour is back???

Because I'm not ready to split up any pair right now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad