2019-20 Roster Speculation Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'll wait for dotcomm's reply.........but I don't get why bring 3 contracts up (only 1 ELC) and send down 2 ELCs. I'm sure it's cap/LTIR related........but I don't get it.... :laugh:

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Olofsson and Joker were on the roster that RK himself said was going to Pittsburgh.

I'm guessing this is a paper transaction, probably cap related. @dotcommunism thoughts?
I'm trying to figure it out, but it doesn't make sense to me. Adding Lazar, Dea and Pilut adds $2.325m while placing Olofsson and Jokiharju in Rochester only removes $1.6925m, so it's a net add of $632,500 to the bottom line and keeps us over the cap.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'm trying to figure it out, but it doesn't make sense to me. Adding Lazar, Dea and Pilut adds $2.325m while placing Olofsson and Jokiharju in Rochester only removes $1.6925m, so it's a net add of $632,500 to the bottom line and keeps us over the cap.

Possibly bonus related? Possibly a way to somehow maximize IR space? *shrug*

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Possibly bonus related? Possibly a way to somehow maximize IR space? *shrug*
Total max bonus for Jokiharju and Olofsson comes out to $557,500, Pilut has a max bonus of $425,000 which almost washes that out. I dunno, there's something I'm missing but I don't know what it is.

If it was bonus related, shipping Mitts to Rochester on paper (or in reality) would save $850k. Hell, Dahlin's max bonus is almost $3 million...and he can technically be assigned to Rochester.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Is this a way for guys to get an NHL paycheck for being on the roster for the start of the season and/or game day? That's the only thing I can think of, nothing about cap ramifications makes any sense to me. Or maybe they're taking another shot at waiving Lazar and Dea to see if someone will grab them. Or there's a trade coming. Or locusts.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I'm guessing Joker and Olofsson needs to be on the Roch roster at the beginning of their season for some reason, and to balance that out, 2 of the three names brought back up cover the +/- roster number. Pilut must be for another reason.

Reactions: joshjull

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I'll wait for dotcomm's reply.........but I don't get why bring 3 contracts up (only 1 ELC) and send down 2 ELCs. I'm sure it's cap/LTIR related........but I don't get it.... :laugh:
My only guess is something to do with being tied into maximizing their LTIR space or something?

I am purely guessing though.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Alright I guess I'm stupid. Someone explain this in layman's terms?

When a player is placed on LTIR, their cap hit remains on the teams cap payroll and it continues to count as it always did. It also does not provide the club with additional cap-space savings that can be banked for future use while the team operates above the salary cap. Instead, LTIR provides relief if the club's averaged club salary, or payroll, begins to exceed the upper limit. The amount of relief that the club receives is calculated on the day the player is placed on LTIR. There are three equations that are used to determine the LTIR relief, the first, the basic equation, can be used during the season and during the off-season. The second, the training-camp equation, can be used on the final day of the off-season in preparation for the first day of the season. The third formula is used when the team already has a player on LTIR.
LTIR FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: jBuds

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I understand real numbers spelled out. The rest is like trying to catch smoke in my hand. What are the real dollars? No vision statements. No generalities. No Christmas toy assembly instructions....

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I SERIOUSLY can't believe that, not only are we starting the season in 2 days, but that VLADIMIR SOBOTKA IS ON OUR SECOND LINE

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
When a player is placed on LTIR, their cap hit remains on the teams cap payroll and it continues to count as it always did. It also does not provide the club with additional cap-space savings that can be banked for future use while the team operates above the salary cap. Instead, LTIR provides relief if the club's averaged club salary, or payroll, begins to exceed the upper limit. The amount of relief that the club receives is calculated on the day the player is placed on LTIR. There are three equations that are used to determine the LTIR relief, the first, the basic equation, can be used during the season and during the off-season. The second, the training-camp equation, can be used on the final day of the off-season in preparation for the first day of the season. The third formula is used when the team already has a player on LTIR.
LTIR FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
Alright I guess I'm stupid. Someone explain this in layman's terms?

Reactions: VaporTrail
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad