2019-20 Roster Speculation Part 16: Not much left to speculate about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
The RW list was bad, but it wasn't this list bad.

And if you want to be fair, it should really be more like LW+RW vs D and the D list looks even worse if you go that way.
It wasn't because the list is bad, I just want everyone to see who the #1 player of the decade is :D

Reactions: Jim Bob

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
i want Strome but I don’t see a deal that can be made without giving up our first or Cozens.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
1 offseason question for each Atlantic Division team

Buffalo Sabres

Q: Two-part question: Which defenseman will be moved, and how will they acquire a second-line center?

The Sabres have to do two things this offseason: trade a defenseman; acquire a second-line center. Only time will tell if both can happen in the same move.

The UFA market doesn't have the solution, unless you're a believer in Carl Soderberg, Derick Brassard, or Erik Haula. Internally, although the line of Victor Olofsson, Marcus Johansson, and Dominik Kahun gelled together well toward the end of the season, Johansson is better suited on the wing, not as a second-line center. Former top-10 pick Casey Mittelstadt has been a flop thus far.

There's also a logjam defensively, specifically on the right side, with Rasmus Ristolainen, Brandon Montour, Henri Jokiharju, and Colin Miller in the fold. Ristolainen seems most likely to be moved, but he alone won't be enough to land a quality pivot. General manager Jason Botterill will have to get creative.

Wasn't this the question last offseason?

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
i want Strome but I don’t see a deal that can be made without giving up our first or Cozens.

They said he wouldnt be a super high cost. Who knows what that means though

Cost is always going to be determined by the market.

While I do think Strome is an upgrade on what we have, he's a pretty one dimensional middle 6 center.

I think its probably wise to look at Chicago's cap situation. In a world of static cap without a CBO, they are actually in a pretty bad spot. They're at 74M with 18 players, with Strome, Kubalik as RFAs and still need a starting goalie.

With a CBO they could buyout Seabrook, which would leave them short on RHD (Connor Murphy and Boqvist (19) being the only ones on the roster. Given the lack of centers typically available, its possible we end up paying the "center tax" to get him, but, we'll see.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Strome is a more developed Mitts who has had some success in the NHL. Much like Mitts, his style of play will drive some crazy but he would be an upgrade on what we have had. To think he was the player taken right after Eichel in the draft.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Yeah that's bananas. No one is giving up an asset like that for Strome. He's a decent player and I'd love to have him here given our need at Center, but he's got his limitations as a player.

Mitts for Strome seems like what it might take.

It gives Chicago a lower cost option with potential upside.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Yeah that's bananas. No one is giving up an asset like that for Strome. He's a decent player and I'd love to have him here given our need at Center, but he's got his limitations as a player.

I don’t think Mitts gets it done though. Someone is going to offer a better piece surely.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

I don’t think Mitts gets it done though. Someone is going to offer a better piece surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad