Recalled/Assigned: 2019-20 Lightning Roster Transactions

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Maroon must be pretty dinged up.
That fight was weird. Maroon seemed to be laughing at whatshisface, didn’t really look like he was trying. He gets clotheslined (may have been an ear clap or it may have hit Maroon’s throat/ carotid). He dropped like he was out. Looked a bit woozy after.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
That fight was weird. Maroon seemed to be laughing at whatshisface, didn’t really look like he was trying. He gets clotheslined (may have been an ear clap or it may have hit Maroon’s throat/ carotid). He dropped like he was out. Looked a bit woozy after.
Yeah, I caught that too. That last shot looked really glancing, but behind the ear and that was apparently enough to put him down.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Put Volkov on a line with Point and Palat. I don't give a f*** if Kucherov speaks Russian. Volkov was clueless last night and with good reason because he got plugged in with two guys that can't find chemistry. Not the rookie's fault.

Put Stamkos with Johnson and Gourde and send Kucherov to a therapist

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Coop on Volkov after the game:

"Tough to step in like that, but I thought he did great. Volky, I like a lot of Volky's game. He got 12-13 minutes, and they (92-91-86) were on the ice for a couple goals against, but early half of the game they generated. It was great to see his development. For his first game, it's nothing but going up for him. He did well."

Reactions: Maelmoor

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Put Volkov on a line with Point and Palat. I don't give a **** if Kucherov speaks Russian. Volkov was clueless last night and with good reason because he got plugged in with two guys that can't find chemistry. Not the rookie's fault.

Put Stamkos with Johnson and Gourde and send Kucherov to a therapist

The line did well. Volkov size opens up space. You would be singing a different tune if Stamkos had buried some of his chances.

The Johnson Point Palat line did well also. I do not see a reason to break that up.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
The line did well. Volkov size opens up space. You would be singing a different tune if Stamkos had buried some of his chances.

The Johnson Point Palat line did well also. I do not see a reason to break that up.
The best thing Volkov can do to help him stay up here is win pucks for Kuch and Stammer because both of those guys are not great board players and usually don't come out of those battles with possession.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Elliotte Friedman
@FriedgeHNIC

Witkowski (TB) on waivers
12:06 PM · Nov 2, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

now the first two times they got locked in i wanted something to yell at the fourth line no effort crap defense no getting puck out second shift paquette hit one guy behind net but this line cost us two goals imho .... so we are changing? this guy is to only hit people maybe fight? so now we got volkov and verhaegh and id rather have smith myself..... not happy with this or direction.... not sure on this decison looks very desperate to me..... a sit down adressing some guys was needed though

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Not sure I quite agree with this. Seems like the perfect 13th 14th forward. He threw his weight around and outperformed his expectations.

The team obviously needs a shake up, but was this the answer?

Reactions: LoSTRaMaiR

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Not sure I quite agree with this. Seems like the perfect 13th 14th forward. He threw his weight around and outperformed his expectations.

The team obviously needs a shake up, but was this the answer?

when he was on the ice we were absolutely destroyed as far as shots go and he took way too many penalties as well. Sending down one of the worst players in the league is never a bad thing.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
when he was on the ice we were absolutely destroyed as far as shots go and he took way too many penalties as well. Sending down one of the worst players in the league is never a bad thing.
Again seems like the perfect 13th 14th. Someone that doesn’t play often.

Having a huge physical thread as a 13th 14th is never a bad thing

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Rutta has the ability to play hockey though which is something Witkowski lacks
Does he though?

If you're keeping Witkowski as a 13th forward/7th dman, he's not really playing anyway. The thinking is that he's on hand if you need him. Obviously for long term injuries, you could make a call up for Rutta or Schenn, but for the situations where you can't fly a guy in fast enough, he's there ready in the wings.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad