Speculation: 2019-20 Roster, Cap, Trade Discussion (MOD WARNING POST #542)

Status
Not open for further replies.

11Justin93

Sep 27, 2011
Why would you prefer Fowler and not Manson taking the toughest defensive matchups? Especially given how bad Manson looks without Lindholm.

Because Fowler is a better skater and passer than Manson. Lindholm makes up for Fowler's defensive lapses and Fowler provides the offense. I'd like to see that pairing for several games before we knock it.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Because Fowler is a better skater and passer than Manson. Lindholm makes up for Fowler's defensive lapses and Fowler provides the offense. I'd like to see that pairing for several games before we knock it.

Lindholm can’t even cover his own defensive lapses at the moment, let alone Fowlers. Murray appeared to have found a spot for Fowler that was able to play him to his strengths, if he’s with Lindholm then he’s going to be asked to do all the heavy lifting again which doesn’t free him up as much offensively.

Oct 18, 2011
Not enough scoring. None of those guys I feel confident in scoring more than 30-35 points. BM is absolutely right that we need offense from the blueline (although a lot of that is his fault)
I still can't believe we lost Vatanen, Theo, and Montour within about 18 months. The lack of patience with Theodore was incredibly idiotic and the Knights are reaping the rewards of a player we spent 4 years developing!!

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
They are different. Terry is a talented puck handler and passer. Sprong is an elite shooter. You need both on your team.
Yup! and wouldn't be opposed to Terry on the left with Sprong on the right. Their playing styles are suited for each other

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I feel Terry needs to be on a skilled puck possession line. I'd like to see him more with guys like Getzlaf, Rakell, Kase, maybe Jones or Ritchie. Otherwise his talents are wasted to a degree just like how Rakell is a fraction of himself when he isnt on a top line with Getzlaf and another skilled winger.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I feel Terry needs to be on a skilled puck possession line. I'd like to see him more with guys like Getzlaf, Rakell, Kase, maybe Jones or Ritchie. Otherwise his talents are wasted to a degree just like how Rakell is a fraction of himself when he isnt on a top line with Getzlaf and another skilled winger.
Not a fan of him with Getzlaf but I really liked the Jones-Henrique-Terry line and I’m not sure why it was broke up

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Not a fan of him with Getzlaf but I really liked the Jones-Henrique-Terry line and I’m not sure why it was broke up
Yeah, I think Jones-Terry compliment each other the way Ritchie-Kase do. I assume the lineup will look quite different come October, but as they stand I would like to see something like:

Rakell-Getz-Sprong
Jones-Rico-Terry
Ritchie-Steel/Lundestrom-Kase
Shore-Grant/Rowney-Perry

edit: forgot Silf, this is too hard :laugh:

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I still can't believe we lost Vatanen, Theo, and Montour within about 18 months. The lack of patience with Theodore was incredibly idiotic and the Knights are reaping the rewards of a player we spent 4 years developing!!
We didnt give up on Theodore.... He was a casualty of the expansion draft that allowed us to move dead cap space and protect both of Vatanen and Manson. And before we argue that BM created that situation by goving Bieksa a NMC clause that rule for the expabsion draft did not exist at the time he was given the clause. We also could not buy him out as we did not have other players that met the criteria for exposure which would have necesitated the exposure of 1 of Manson or Vatanen. We also know the GMGM put a stranglehold on the trade market. If Bieksa waved then we can still only protect 3 so we are still making a deal to protect extra players.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Stephens said he personally checked with the team to clarify Fowler's NTC and it is indeed a list of 4 teams he can be traded to.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
We didnt give up on Theodore.... He was a casualty of the expansion draft that allowed us to move dead cap space and protect both of Vatanen and Manson. And before we argue that BM created that situation by goving Bieksa a NMC clause that rule for the expabsion draft did not exist at the time he was given the clause. We also could not buy him out as we did not have other players that met the criteria for exposure which would have necesitated the exposure of 1 of Manson or Vatanen. We also know the GMGM put a stranglehold on the trade market. If Bieksa waved then we can still only protect 3 so we are still making a deal to protect extra players.
You can’t honestly be arguing that he handled it correctly. He should have acquired a player that met the criteria as expansion fodder. Then you buyout Bieksa or trade Fowler. It was a moronic move to give up a 21 year old top prospect just to get out of the Stoner deal

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

Rumor has it Bob wouldn't even ask him to waive. That was bad business decision #1. We could have bought him if Bob was willing to. It wouldn't have taken much to acquire an eligible D man if we knew we would buy out KB. But Bob wouldn't do that either. Bad business decision #2.

Yes, that would have still required us to make a deal and do some juggling. But it would have solved one big problem. All of this was a known before the draft. None of this is in hindsight. Bob really blew it on the KB ED situation. He just took the lazy way out by giving up Theo.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Stop separating team M&M (Magnus and Manson). Let them find their groove back. We've been separating them b/c other D needed improved pairing.

Fowler needs a stay-at-home defense pairing with speed to cover for him whenever he pinches. Problem with Fowler is he's inconsistent in how he moves the puck (rushing or passing) as well as when the carry the puck his own self into the offense. It's as if he's still not on the same page. Guhle needs to work on defense only to be Fowler's pairing, but I like Larsson with Fowler.

It's a shame Mahura's been injured b/c he was one of those offensive defenseman in the making. Welinski shows up at the AHL level, but it's not translating to the NHL level yet (or will it). Could be following Peter Holland's path, unfortunately.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
You can’t honestly be arguing that he handled it correctly. He should have acquired a player that met the criteria as expansion fodder. Then you buyout Bieksa or trade Fowler. It was a moronic move to give up a 21 year old top prospect just to get out of the Stoner deal
You're ignoring the fact that GMGM told teams that if they made trades with other teams that affectes the expansion draft negatively that he would not deal with them. BM couldn't make those trades you suggest.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Rumor has it Bob wouldn't even ask him to waive. That was bad business decision #1. We could have bought him if Bob was willing to. It wouldn't have taken much to acquire an eligible D man if we knew we would buy out KB. But Bob wouldn't do that either. Bad business decision #2.

Yes, that would have still required us to make a deal and do some juggling. But it would have solved one big problem. All of this was a known before the draft. None of this is in hindsight. Bob really blew it on the KB ED situation. He just took the lazy way out by giving up Theo.
It was also widely reported that GMGM essentially cut off all trades before the draft between all the other teams. And even if we had acquired another D we'd still need to make a deal to protect the 4th of Vatanen or Manson. Does GMGM even do that deal if we gone and made it harder for him to get a good player from us? Then what happens? We still have Stoner AND another scrub D while losing Vatanen in the expansion draft? How is that a better result?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad