Speculation: 2019-20 Roster, Cap, Trade Discussion (MOD WARNING POST #542)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
We’ve been scouting the Bruins A LOT the past few weeks. I wonder who’s the target?

Last edited:

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
We’ve been scouting the Bruins A LOT the past few weeks. I wonder if Miller is the target?
I feel like we could be good trade partners. So many older guys on their team that they should be all in right now and we are about to come out of a rebuild. If I were them I'd be targeting Silf or Rico for a little depth and both guys are studs in the playoffs. I wouldnt mind a first round pick or decent prospect.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
We’ve been scouting the Bruins A LOT the past few weeks. I wonder who’s the target?
Interesting article in The Athletic suggesting that Charlie Coyle's extension and the upcoming ED might make Tory Krug expendable. He hasn't been re-signed yet.

Reactions: robbieboy3686
Oct 18, 2011
We should be trying to get off Henriques contract whenever he gets hot again that one isn't going to age well

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Interesting article in The Athletic suggesting that Charlie Coyle's extension and the upcoming ED might make Tory Krug expendable. He hasn't been re-signed yet.
Krug is interesting except I'd expect him to get more money than Faulk, is smaller and shoots left. All 3 things I'm not sure fit for the Ducks. Id imagine they're targeting Kase or Terry. I'd be happy with a number if their D coming back.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
Krug is interesting except I'd expect him to get more money than Faulk, is smaller and shoots left. All 3 things I'm not sure fit for the Ducks. Id imagine they're targeting Kase or Terry. I'd be happy with a number if their D coming back.
The article suggested that if they went 7-3-1, they'd want to protect McAvoy, Carlo and Grelczyk, assuming no Krug. Extending Krug means they lose a good young FW or Grelczyk; not unlike where we were 2 years ago. I'd be a lot happier with Krug than Faulk if he's willing to stay here for Faulk money.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

I wish but Krug isn’t going anywhere. If he doesn’t re-sign he will be an own rental for the Bruins.

Reactions: TCB and AngelDuck

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Alex Galchenyuk, yay or nay?

Bit of a one-trick pony, but would boost the PP a lot. Don't know what PIT is looking to get for him, sounds like they just want him gone when they're healthy...

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Alex Galchenyuk, yay or nay?

Bit of a one-trick pony, but would boost the PP a lot. Don't know what PIT is looking to get for him, sounds like they just want him gone when they're healthy...

He is a UFA to be we shouldn't be trading for him.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

The Bruins are loaded defensively and still need a second line RW. They have 7 regular NHL defenseman now with Moore back, and with the likes of Lauzon and Vaak down in providence you could say its 9 as they both could be regulars today and some may argue that Zboril could be as well.

Im sure any of them are available with the exception of Krug,McAvoy Carlo and Chara. krug isn't signed beyond this year, but I don't see the Bruins moving him, He' a big time playoff performer and excels offensively.

I know they've both been scouting each other and the Bruins were interested in Silverberg last year before he signed, but with his contract and the length of it I don't see them being interested in him, after just re-upping Coyle for Silverberg money,but with more years.

As a Bruin fan. I want a deal involving Rakell or Kase, but will the Ducks be willing to trade them, other than them, I really don't see a fit for what the Bruins need. Unless they plan on finding a Krug replacement for next year and are interested Lindoholm, but the again I don't see the Ducks moving him.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
The Bruins are loaded defensively and still need a second line RW. They have 7 regular NHL defenseman now with Moore back, and with the likes of Lauzon and Vaak down in providence you could say its 9 as they both could be regulars today and some may argue that Zboril could be as well.

Im sure any of them are available with the exception of Krug,McAvoy Carlo and Chara. krug isn't signed beyond this year, but I don't see the Bruins moving him, He' a big time playoff performer and excels offensively.

I know they've both been scouting each other and the Bruins were interested in Silverberg last year before he signed, but with his contract and the length of it I don't see them being interested in him, after just re-upping Coyle for Silverberg money,but with more years.

As a Bruin fan. I want a deal involving Rakell or Kase, but will the Ducks be willing to trade them, other than them, I really don't see a fit for what the Bruins need. Unless they plan on finding a Krug replacement for next year and are interested Lindoholm, but the again I don't see the Ducks moving him.
There’s zero chance of moving Rakell or Silfverberg with that untouchables list. I’d think there’s minimal chances of moving them regardless. Kase could certainly be had, but again, not for (yet another) bottom pairing D - we have a plethora of bottom pairing D.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
There’s zero chance of moving Rakell or Silfverberg with that untouchables list. I’d think there’s minimal chances of moving them regardless. Kase could certainly be had, but again, not for (yet another) bottom pairing D - we have a plethora of bottom pairing D.

I agree. So maybe it is Kase the Bruins are looking at.

Who the ducks would want in return off the Bruins current roster is intriguing as I'm sure the Bruins aren't willing to deal a significant piece as they are looking at making another Cup run.

Perhaps a Bjork or a Heinen .:dunno:

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
He is a UFA to be we shouldn't be trading for him.

I know, I was assuming that this would be a "price is right" type scenario -- rumor is that they just want him gone...

I agree. So maybe it is Kase the Bruins are looking at.

Who the ducks would want in return off the Bruins current roster is intriguing as I'm sure the Bruins aren't willing to deal a significant piece as they are looking at making another Cup run.

Perhaps a Bjork or a Heinen .:dunno:

I think this right here is the problem between the two teams. I don't think Anaheim will be commencing a fire sale of any sort, so a futures deal doesn't really make sense. Old Bob has a history of preferring "hockey trades"...

EDIT: Also, if the NJ situation ends up in a fire sale, could we somehow grab Vatanen from there?

Last edited:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I know, I was assuming that this would be a "price is right" type scenario -- rumor is that they just want him gone...

I think this right here is the problem between the two teams. I don't think Anaheim will be commencing a fire sale of any sort, so a futures deal doesn't really make sense. Old Bob has a history of preferring "hockey trades"...

EDIT: Also, if the NJ situation ends up in a fire sale, could we somehow grab Vatanen from there?

Maybe something is in the works, but I agree if not a true hockey trade, the two teams just don't seem like very good trading partners.

Last night Jake DeBrusk did lead all Bruin forwards in ice time including having nearly 3 minutes more than both Krejci and Marchand and nearly two more than Pasta.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Bit of a one-trick pony, but would boost the PP a lot.

Highly doubt that. Also, Sprong.

Im sure any of them are available with the exception of Krug,McAvoy Carlo and Chara. I want a deal involving Rakell or Kase, but will the Ducks be willing to trade them, other than them, I really don't see a fit for what the Bruins need. Unless they plan on finding a Krug replacement for next year and are interested Lindoholm, but the again I don't see the Ducks moving him.

Rakell/Lindholm for McAvoy. Kase for Debrusk/Carlo.

Perhaps a Bjork or a Heinen .

Maybe as secondary pieces. How come Björk hasn't made the NHL team yet?

Last edited:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If the ducks trade Lindholm I'm out

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Highly doubt that. Also, Sprong.

Rakell/Lindholm for McAvoy. Kase for Debrusk/Carlo.

Maybe as secondary pieces. How come Björk hasn't made the NHL team yet?

Bjork has been with the Bruins for the majority of the year. He started out down in Providence, I believe just to get his feet under him after losing most of last season do to injury. He's been real good as of late and deserves more ice-time.

As far as Your trade proposals. I don't see the Bruins moving McAvoy unless its for a young top up and coming center, although talent wise your there.

Kase for Debrusk/Carlo. Could be the start of something, but I don't see the bruins swapping either of them straight up for Kase. The Bruins have a lot more quality depth on the left-side, than the right with Marchand, Debrusk, Heinen,Bjork and Nordstrom. So I can see them moving one of DeBrusk Bjork or Heinen out to help bring in a second line RW.

Kase would fit the bill, nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad