Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Yeah... they are still a damn good team and have at least one great prospect on defense. Newhook is playing real well... all of BC is tonoght
Good to know! I didn’t think del Gaizo was highly thought of outside of the really committed NCAA followers, unless you’re referring to someone else.

I know they’re still a good team, just didn’t know if their defense was as capable as last year or if Newhook pulled that move on a questionable defense.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Good to know! I didn’t think del Gaizo was highly thought of outside of the really committed NCAA followers, unless you’re referring to someone else.

I know they’re still a good team, just didn’t know if their defense was as capable as last year or if Newhook pulled that move on a questionable defense.
I’m speaking of the Rags kid on defense MDG is a kid I personally really like. I feel in the minority there.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I’m speaking of the Rags kid on defense MDG is a kid I personally really like. I feel in the minority there.
Ahh, gotcha. Well, I’d probably cheer for the kid if he was drafted by anyone else but the Rangers. Apart from the Pios, I’ve really liked the Minutemen revival in the NCAA.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Went to go check on how things are going with Shamil Shmakov, unfortunately he's out long-term with a back injury. Has put up "meh" numbers for the Cedar Rapids Roughriders of the USHL, but they're also one of the worst teams in the conference, so there's that.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
This list was released yesterday. Look who's number #1.

The NHL’s Top 100 Prospects – Midseason Rankings:

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-top-100-prospects-ranking/
Most people likely would put him #1. Hughes, Kakko and Dach are already in the show. Anyone who was drafted in 2018 who didn’t make the NHL jump a full year later generally get titled as fallers even when that isn’t entirely accurate.

Newhook has a nice spot too at 23. Maybe a few spots to high (Romanov and Harley are both ranked below him which I definitely disagree with) but still good to see.

Avs fans should be very pleased with the high end prospects right now.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
To me, the only prospects that haven't graduated that you'd even think of rating ahead are Zegras, Seider, and Russians that have yet to come over. We will see Byram on a lot of top lists.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Kaut on the list as well but fairly low. He now has 5 pts in his last 7 games. Hopefully he is turning a new page and this is the start of what we were all waiting for from him. He is playing very well defensively as well. If he keeps doing well like this IMO it would be very good for him to get a short call-up maybe just a couple of games. IMO it would be very good for his confidence. Of course he needs to finish the season in the AHL to keep working on his offense but a couple of games would go a long way for his confidence I think. But for that to happen he needs to keep producing like he is right now.

I am not giving up on this kid. I think he can still become a very good 2nd-3rd line tweener: very strong 3rd liner but capable of moving up to the 2nd line to provide some of what Landy provides on the 1st line. Him and Bowers on our 3rd line have the potential to become a very strong shutdown combo IMO.

Reactions: McMetal

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It's hard for me to take any top 100 prospects list that doesn't have Annunen on it seriously.

There is no way with his performance this year he isn't top 100. Hell I'd go as far as top 50. He's only got a .946 SV and 1.26 GAA with 5 shutouts in a men's league, but somehow isn't ranked.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I hope Avs decide to bring Kvaca over as well, he's had a great year in the Czech league. I hear the people who want Annunen to come over, but I suggest he still has a lot to learn in Liiga. I want him him to get more explosive, but more importantly I want him to work on his consistency.

Next year we should roll with...
NHL
1. Grubauer (Still under contract)
2. Francouz (Would like to re-sign him)

AHL
1. Werner (Another season getting adjusted to NA hockey and angles)
2. Miska (I think he has played well enough to be re-signed)

ECHL
1. Kvaca (Get adjusted to NA hockey and angles)
2. Shamkov (He's 20 years old and can't play in USHL after this year, sign him to AHL contract)

Outside
- Annunen (Work on consistency in Liiga, play more games)
- Miner (Play his entire junior eligibility)

Reactions: AdrianTheMagician

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
It's hard for me to take any top 100 prospects list that doesn't have Annunen on it seriously.

There is no way with his performance this year he isn't top 100. Hell I'd go as far as top 50. He's only got a .946 SV and 1.26 GAA with 5 shutouts in a men's league, but somehow isn't ranked.

Might want to actually read the info beforehand that says they didn't put goalies in that list and have a separate (albiet outdated) list...

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Might want to actually read the info beforehand that says they didn't put goalies in that list and have a separate (albiet outdated) list...
I swear I read that like 4 times to see if there was something to that extent because I thought there is no way Annunen wasn't on the list. Now I see it, at least the list has more credibility. Still not great, he mainly just moved people up due others graduating. I wouldn't say he re evaluated all that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->