Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
Seems like we are under 2 years away from having a Russian version of JTC in our lineup. Can't wait.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He's way more comfortable at center isn't he? Glad the wing experiment is over.

Seems like that's the case for all the guys who were questioned whether they'd be a center or not. Newhook, Jost, Kamenev. They all play better at center.

The only guy who consistently looks better on the wing to me is Compher. I think he overthinks the game at center and becomes too hesitant and passive. He seems to use his speed better on the wing, and is more tenacious. Especially to get in on the forecheck.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Any updates on Byram? His point production is predictably down, but how has his defensive game looked? Would he still go fourth overall had his point production been like this last year?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Any updates on Byram? His point production is predictably down, but how has his defensive game looked? Would he still go fourth overall had his point production been like this last year?

About the same as last year, which is to say up and down. There are some good moments were you see his mobility and brain defending well, and others where he's chasing the play and doing too much. To me, it looks like he is feeling the pressure and putting way too much on his shoulders. Vancouver is not playing well and you can see it is taking a toll on him. Arguing with refs constantly, trying to make impact plays everywhere on his own, visibly showing frustration, etc. If he had played this way last year, he certainly wouldn't have been picked 4th... but with all of that, you still can see his talent level and abilities. He's going to be fine as long as he gets his head straight.

Reactions: klozge

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hopefully he doesn't turn out like Z, where all the tools are there but he never seems to put it together.

I wouldn't worry about that. He's going to be a damn good player and at worst he's a solid middle pairing guy, and I think that is at the very worst. My worry is his attitude/ego... he's going to have to learn check that from time to time. Then when you reach Doughty's level, you don't have to check anything...

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Another assist for Morrison thanks to...missing a shot. Puts him at 2 goals, 8 assists through 11 games.

Dennis Smirnov assisted on Penn St’s ENG tonight, putting him at 4 goals, 6 assists through 10 games.

Reactions: Avs_19

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
About the same as last year, which is to say up and down. There are some good moments were you see his mobility and brain defending well, and others where he's chasing the play and doing too much. To me, it looks like he is feeling the pressure and putting way too much on his shoulders. Vancouver is not playing well and you can see it is taking a toll on him. Arguing with refs constantly, trying to make impact plays everywhere on his own, visibly showing frustration, etc. If he had played this way last year, he certainly wouldn't have been picked 4th... but with all of that, you still can see his talent level and abilities. He's going to be fine as long as he gets his head straight.
I would argue the exact opposite. When I’ve seen him disengaged and not shouldering too much. I wanted his give an F to go up about 6 notches when I saw him play. Nice to hear he is invested

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
This is, like, the most Finnish name ever.

Yeah, it's like a very basic common name. Evidently it's the ninth most common last name. Guy also looks like such a regular Finn. It's the most regular guy.

And the Twitter guy misspelled it even when it's on the jersey there. You stupid idiot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pokecheque

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I would cut my right testicle off to have a second line as good as Turgeon and Svatos.

Of course, I'm old and those things don't work the way they used to, so outside of the pain, it's not that much of a big deal.

Way to take one (off) for the team.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Any time someone says that I always remember the story of the guy who said at the bar he'd cut off his left nut if his futbol team won, they did so, he went home and actually did it, came back holding the severed testicle in his hand, and then passed out from blood loss.

Reactions: cgf

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad