Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Wings 5th Round Defenseman Cooper Moore scored in his 1st game with Chilliwack on Sunday

He heads to North Dakota next year

Hopefully he dominates at a point-per-game. He should be able to in that league, even as a DMan I would presume. Can't ask for a better start for him!

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Hopefully he dominates at a point-per-game. He should be able to in that league, even as a DMan I would presume. Can't ask for a better start for him!

FWIW only two defensemen were over a point-per-game last season in that league.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Is he really only a buck thirty-eight still?

Fun fact, in limited games, he was 5th in scoring for his Liiga team last season.
Weighed in at ~155 at development camp I think.

I don't have the exact numbers but he may have actually been their highest scoring (per game) player in the second half. Should get his fair share of PP time this year, and great to see him at center.

A Few Good Males

Apr 15, 2018
Detroit, MI
Weighed in at ~155 at development camp I think.

I don't have the exact numbers but he may have actually been their highest scoring (per game) player in the second half. Should get his fair share of PP time this year, and great to see him at center.
He’s on the 2nd PP

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Don't get me wrong, I am excited that he is dominating that league, I really wish he was in the USHL this season. Honest question for my European brethren, does he stand to learn anything by being in that league as a talented "overager"?

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Moore scored again in his second game. Gylander 24/29 saves in their season opener, a 7-5 win.

Don't get me wrong, I am excited that he is dominating that league, I really wish he was in the USHL this season. Honest question for my European brethren, does he stand to learn anything by being in that league as a talented "overager"?
It's probably not the optimal place to be for all aspects of development, but maybe comparable to Seider deciding to play in the OHL? There's definitely some benefits of getting lots of ice time and offensive opportunity, but on the other hand it could cause some bad habits. The USHL is a better league but really the difference may not be as huge as some posters make it out to be. He'll also have a chance to take part in all the multiple national team events during the season. Plus as far as I know he hasn't graduated high school yet,

Last edited:

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Söderblom and Berglund were back with the Frölunda U20 team this morning... 4 goals for Elmer in the 6-2 win.
Whoa I see ya big fella... Damn

btw for people saying Moore should dominate for Chilliwack... Cholowski for Chilliwack the year we drafted him, 12 Goals 28 Assists 40 Points in 50 Games (4 Goals 11 Assists 15 Points in 20 Playoff Games)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Moore scored again in his second game. Gylander 24/29 saves in their season opener, a 7-5 win.

It's probably not the optimal place to be for all aspects of development, but maybe comparable to Seider deciding to play in the OHL? There's definitely some benefits of getting lots of ice time and offensive opportunity, but on the other hand it could cause some bad habits. The USHL is a better league but really the difference may not be as huge as some posters make it out to be. He'll also have a chance to take part in all the multiple national team events during the season. Plus as far as I know he hasn't graduated high school yet,

@ChadS the OHL is ridiculously better. I get the step down argument on Seider but Seider would be responsible for checking high end elite talent still most nights on an OHL top line.

The difference in talent is large especially since Finland has started fast tracking talent straight to the big league quicker. Ask how many NHL draft picks he is likely to share the ice with regular outside of those national team events? He would see a significant amount more in the CHL and USHL. Still he is a long range prospect hopefully he can work on his skating and strength while finishing school.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
@ChadS the OHL is ridiculously better. I get the step down argument on Seider but Seider would be responsible for checking high end elite talent still most nights on an OHL top line.

The difference in talent is large especially since Finland has started fast tracking talent straight to the big league quicker. Ask how many NHL draft picks he is likely to share the ice with regular outside of those national team events? He would see a significant amount more in the CHL and USHL. Still he is a long range prospect hopefully he can work on his skating and strength while finishing school.
Yes the OHL is obviously much better, but so is Seider compared to Tuomisto. That was the point I was trying to make, the talent gap between our prospect and the competition.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

The USHL is a super young league in its own right. The only difference being that the best D+1 talent moves onto NCAA hockey instead of Finnish or Swedish pro hockey. The BCHL comparatively has more older players. But like you said, if he hasn't completed school and he cannot complete school in the US or Canada, he is playing the only place he can at this point (if he wants to play NCAA hockey).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad