Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
dear gawd

between him and Seider we will only need to roster two defensemen lol

It's Finnish junior hockey though, not at all uncommon for top d-men to log 30+ minutes playing junior.

Will be interesting to see how he translates to playing in the NCAA next season, until then his upside will kind of a mystery in my opinion.

Reactions: Jon Cusack

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
It's Finnish junior hockey though, not at all uncommon for top d-men to log 30+ minutes playing junior.

Will be interesting to see how he translates to playing in the NCAA next season, until then his upside will kind of a mystery in my opinion.

it was a joke. I don’t project him to play top pair and log 35+ min a night while being the second half of our two defensmen roster. Sorry for the confusion.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
You're good, there wasn't any confusion.

I'm excited to see how next year pays off for our prospects.

yeah we’ll see how it goes. The biggest challenge with hockey is projecting and quantifying all these players across the world point totals and performances across two million different leagues. Hockey amateur scouting has to be one of the toughest jobs in pro sports.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009

It's quite uncommon. Tuomisto may be the league's highest TOI player this season and prior to tonight he had only one game with 30:01. 35+ minutes is very rare.

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
It's quite uncommon. Tuomisto may be the league's highest TOI player this season and prior to tonight he had only one game with 30:01. 35+ minutes is very rare.

Well I meant for junior d-men in general, i really don't know much about the Finnish junior league, but it's definitely common in the CHL.

It's almost unheard of for a guy picked as high as Tuomisto to be playing junior hockey in Finland, so there really isn't much to compare him too.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Well I meant for junior d-men in general.

that’s not what you said though.

Even if you just meant junior in general. I think you’d be wrong. It’s not at all uncommon? So it happens all the time? I doubt that. What site are you looking at to find chl ATOI stats? I can’t find them anywhere. Or are you just guessing and stating it as fact?

Christien

May 1, 2010
McIsaac with the first goal for Moncton tonight. Sorry about the video... It was the only one I could find so far

Jon Cusack

Oct 28, 2011
Mcisaac kinda plays like bowey with the puck but is more physically imposing defensively.

Last edited:

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Its not normal for a guy his caliber to be in the league hes in either. Its good that hes getting lots of time to develop but I wouldnt read too much into it just yet. Next year will be abetter year to gauge him

‘twas a joke because someone was telling me it was unimpressive and apparently everyone does it lol

Reactions: AttilaTheFun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad