Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I thought soderblom was suppose to get a crack at the shl? Anyone know what happened? Guess at this point he’d probably play like 5minutes a game so id rather he keep producing as he is now and build his confidence
He's played 10 games in the SHL this season and hasn't done much there.

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
Goalie prospects do absolutely nothing for me. I mean sure nice to see to see him doing well but look at Larsson, what a flop of a season, probably too early but IMO a career swinging year. Goalies are impossible to predict and get excited about.

Does anyone know what Larsson is doing right now? Hasn't been playing for Toledo at all lately. Haven't read any injury report on him.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Really interesting is the knee thing with Svech. Seems like it is still giving him some trouble.
This was one of my big takeaways too. It feels like it might be getting late early for Geno, which is a bummer. It feels like Smith has leapfrogged him for bottom 6 W minutes, and I feel like his time with the Red Wings may be running out.

Quick summary for those without a subscription (if this is breaking the paywall I can remove it, but I'm only giving highlights and am leaving out a lot of details):

• Feels like the org. is super high on Seider. He seems to have more offensive acumen and physicality than anyone thought. No confirmation that he will get NHL games this season.
  • Veleno is on track. His offensive numbers weren't great early on but his overall play is improving.
  • They are just happy that McIsaac is healthy enough to play this season.
  • They like Berggren's skill level, but they want him to play closer to the net in order to score more goals at the pro-level.
  • Lindstrom has added strength and has had a better season than expected.
  • Tuomisto is a guy they think can play in all situations once he rounds out his game. Even though he's had a very good season offensively, it looks like they still view him as long-term project so college seems like a great move for him.
  • Similar story with Johansson, but his skating is extremely good and has helped him hang with men in the SHL.
  • Mastrosimone and Phillips both need to add strength to take their games to the next level.
  • Soderblom has impressed, but is seen as a project that they have to train very hard.
  • The next few months are going to be huge for Geno's NHL prospects with the Red Wings, he has had a difficult time recovering from his ACL injury and hopefully he will start to put it all together soon.
Of note they did not bring up Smith at all, which I think is encouraging that perhaps he will be ready to make the jump sometime over the next year or so permanently, but that is just speculation on my part.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Pronman’s NHL prospect rankings came out today. He has Seider at #6 on his list and Veleno at #39

Max Bultman also put out his Red Wings prospect rankings today with his top 5 looking like:
1. Seider
2. Zadina
3. Veleno
4. Rasmussen
5. Berggren

Reactions: Larkin2AA

Christien

May 1, 2010
Albert Johansson is back playing in the SHL today

Berggren not playing for his SHL team though

Reactions: MBH

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Pronman’s NHL prospect rankings came out today. He has Seider at #6 on his list and Veleno at #39

Max Bultman also put out his Red Wings prospect rankings today with his top 5 looking like:
1. Seider
2. Zadina
3. Veleno
4. Rasmussen
5. Berggren

Weird list because he won't include Cholo but does include Ras - saying that Cholo is Calder ineligible, so he doesn't qualify. Rasmussen is eligible?

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Weird list because he won't include Cholo but does include Ras - saying that Cholo is Calder ineligible, so he doesn't qualify. Rasmussen is eligible?

Did you read it?

His reasoning, is the wings were handcuffed by the CHL agreement essentially forcing them to hold him on the NHL roster because they felt he was done with the WHL but not eligible for the AHL. Cholo on the other hand was eligible for the AHL but got the NHL games anyway.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Did you read it?

His reasoning, is the wings were handcuffed by the CHL agreement essentially forcing them to hold him on the NHL roster because they felt he was done with the WHL but not eligible for the AHL. Cholo on the other hand was eligible for the AHL but got the NHL games anyway.

Yeah, seeing that graph now.
Not the best logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->