Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Watched the third fairly closely and didn't see Berggren.
What are the rules anymore on rights of Swedes?
Would it be better to bring them over to the AHL to have some control over their deployment?
I have a feeling this will be his last year in Sweden... Just like Lindstrom, play 2 years then bring him over

Christien

May 1, 2010
I have a feeling this will be his last year in Sweden... Just like Lindstrom, play 2 years then bring him over
I could see him getting an additional year in Sweden after this one just because of the year he missed of development, but you might be right. Hopefully he gains more minutes as the year goes on.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
I think the kid (Grewe) is going to be an absolute stud in the NHL

If he is anything like Marchand, the player not the rat lol, yes please

Last edited:

Athana see you later

Feb 9, 2019
6 points in 4 games for the kid? Hell of a start for what was perceived by many as an underwhelming pick.
Does anyone know if the U20 league is typically high or low scoring? Just trying to put this in perspective. Ik he’s supposed to do good, but is this really good or what was expected.

ignition16

Feb 21, 2014
Does anyone know if the U20 league is typically high or low scoring? Just trying to put this in perspective. Ik he’s supposed to do good, but is this really good or what was expected.

It's kinda tough because most of the high-end prospects end up going up to the top leagues, but because Tuomisto is looking to preserve college eligibility, he cannot. That said, the highest scoring d-man by PPG in that league last year was at 1.08 PPG. Among players that had at least 15 games, Tuomisto was fifth in the league last year at 0.78 PPG. It's too bad he couldn't make the jump to college hockey this year.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
6 points in 4 games for the kid? Hell of a start for what was perceived by many as an underwhelming pick.
He's going to destroy that league, really wish he was in college or the USHL for this season. He'll be at 2 PPG by seasons end in this league.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Here's another really great article by Elite Prospects this time about Elmer Soderstrom:

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Grewe needs to be sent back to the U20 team, their season starts on Friday, the big team's next game is Saturday... Only played 2:40 today... if it wasn't because he was injured then that's ridiculous (kid had a goal the game before, man)

Reactions: lilidk

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Couple more assists for Tuomisto this morning in a 6-5 OT Loss

Now 8 points in his first 5 Games

I wasn't a fan of our draft picks at the time, but from the (albeit limited) viewings I’ve seen, it seems like a lot of them have a higher ceiling than their position would indicate.

I love the mindset. Complete opposite mentality than the disastrous 2017 draft. Even if only two hit, they all look like if they do hit, they will be very good players.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Here's another really great article by Elite Prospects this time about Elmer Soderstrom:

You can see flashes of skill with this kid.
But he's got to improve skating... and that's a timely process, especially for a big kid who needs to get stronger and fill out.
Will be interesting to see where he is in two years time..

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
As nice as it is to see Tuomisto produce, is this a problem? I mean, it's one thing to dominate a league in the middle or end of the year, and it's quite another to dominate from the very first games of the season. Is it going to be a good idea for Tuomisto to spend all year lighting these kids up? Hopefully this is making them think a little harder about signing in Liiga. Yeah, college would be nice, but the timing just isn't right in terms of his development.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
You can see flashes of skill with this kid.
But he's got to improve skating... and that's a timely process, especially for a big kid who needs to get stronger and fill out.
Will be interesting to see where he is in two years time..
theres increased hope with yzermans new training program . and i can see there in traviscity hes got some agility/coordination to that big frame .

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
As nice as it is to see Tuomisto produce, is this a problem? I mean, it's one thing to dominate a league in the middle or end of the year, and it's quite another to dominate from the very first games of the season. Is it going to be a good idea for Tuomisto to spend all year lighting these kids up? Hopefully this is making them think a little harder about signing in Liiga. Yeah, college would be nice, but the timing just isn't right in terms of his development.

It may not be perfect, but it won't kill him as a prospect either. His biggest issue is his explosiveness and strength. Playing in the Finnish U20 league won't prevent him from making gains in those departments this year.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
I don't buy this but someone has some glowing praise for Seider over on the prospects board...
Surely you jest? Marc Staal will be Seider's absolute floor, if he is under-utilized.

Best case for Seider is Victor Hedman (yes, Hedman).

Worst case for Seider is Hampus Lindolm.

Likely case for Seider is Oliver Ekman-Larsson.

Anyone who has watched this game close enough for years can see this kid oozes upside at both ends of the ice. And his child-like enthusiasm for the game is quite honestly reminiscent of a young Jaromir Jagr.

Seider will be a complete steal for Yzerman. In two years, he will be considered "the steal" of the draft.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I don't buy this but someone has some glowing praise for Seider over on the prospects board...
Great that he's excited about him. But describing him, a 6th overall draft pick, with the most likely comparable being another 6th overall draft pick, as the "steal of the draft" seems like he may drinking a little too much kool-aid

Reactions: NotProkofievian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->