Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Heinola Ville - Lukko Rauma (Winnipeg Jets)
Thomson Lassi - Ilves Tampere (Ottawa Senators)
Utunen Toni - Tappara Tampere (Vancouver Canucks)
Hatakka Santeri - Ilves Tampere (San Jose Sharks)
Honka Anttoni - JYP Jyväskylä (Carolina Hurricans)
Kokkonen Mikko - Jukurit Mikkeli (Toronto Maple Leafs)
Kukkonen Miska - Lukko Rauma (Buffalo Sabres)
Niemelä Topi - Kärpät Oulu (2020 draftee)
Nousiainen Kim - KalPa Kuopio (Los Angeles)
Rindell Axel - Jukurit Mikkeli
Seppälä Peetro - KooKoo Kouvola

It's just sick how many defencemen play in men's league. There's no single selection from junior-level.

If teams like Canada are sending guys only from junior leagues, it should be superior competitive edge for Finland to send these "men" against juniors.
Even with their experience playing against men, Heinola is probably the only one who would have a shot at making the Canadian roster.

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hey folks, tough weekend for the Winged Wheel (on your way to a top 2 pick Draft fingers crossed) but nice to see the WJC line ups starting to come out.

I know the years that Vancouver was dredging the NHL, one oasis in the sahara season was the WJC to get a glimpse of the franchise's future.

Hope your guys play often and well. I'm really looking forward to watching Moritz.

Cheers

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Hey folks, tough weekend for the Winged Wheel (on your way to a top 2 pick Draft fingers crossed) but nice to see the WJC line ups starting to come out.

I know the years that Vancouver was dredging the NHL, one oasis in the sahara season was the WJC to get a glimpse of the franchise's future.

Hope your guys play often and well. I'm really looking forward to watching Moritz.

Cheers
I know people don’t like Benning but Vancouver has actually done really great in the draft. Pettersson, Hughes, Horvat, Boeser all without a top 5 pick. If only we could rebuild like that.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I know people don’t like Benning but Vancouver has actually done really great in the draft. Pettersson, Hughes, Horvat, Boeser all without a top 5 pick. If only we could rebuild like that.

I love their young core, probably my favorite team outside of Detroit because of Pettersson, Hughes and Horvat who were my favorite players in their draft years.

Pettersson was picked 5th. As was Olli Juolevi who is starting to look more and more like a bust.

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

I love their young core, probably my favorite team outside of Detroit because of Pettersson, Hughes and Horvat who were my favorite players in their draft years.

Pettersson was picked 5th. As was Olli Juolevi who is starting to look more and more like a bust.

Well if you can imagine similar pain like you're going through this season & last, expecting to draft 1, 2 or 3rd and ending up 5th both times I hope that never happens to you guys. We messed up on Tkachuk With Olli but hit with Elias.

I really think you guys are a couple of years away from being competitive again. The right mix of vets with your young talent ready to play regularly by then for a coaching staff that will inspire them. I can just see it. Steve f***ing Yzerman.

Cheers

Reactions: BSHH

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
They've had top 10 picks in 6 of the last 7 drafts.

Imo I would rank them like this:

2 great - Pettersson+Hughes
1 average - Horvat
2 terrible - Juolevi+Virtanen
1 undecided - Podkolzin

We've only had three top 10 picks so far. It's still early, but I would rank them:

1 great - Seider
1 average - Rasmussen
1 undecided - Zadina

They have Boeser, but we have Larkin/Mantha/Hronek, so we've landed some great picks outside the top 10 as well. I don't think their results are that much better, it's just that they are a bit ahead of us in the same process.

It should also be mentioned that Benning has probably worked harder to bolster that team through FA and trades in the last several years, for better or worse Holland/Yzerman have been more about letting the chips fall where they may and not being very active to improve the team's short-term competitiveness (in the last 2-3 years).

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
They've had top 10 picks in 6 of the last 7 drafts.

Imo I would rank them like this:

2 great - Pettersson+Hughes
1 average - Horvat
2 terrible - Juolevi+Virtanen
1 undecided - Podkolzin

We've only had three top 10 picks so far. It's still early, but I would rank them:

1 great - Seider
1 average - Rasmussen
1 undecided - Zadina

They have Boeser, but we have Larkin/Mantha/Hronek, so we've landed some great picks outside the top 10 as well. I don't think their results are that much better, it's just that they are a bit ahead of us in the same process.

It should also be mentioned that Benning has probably worked harder to bolster that team through FA and trades in the last several years, for better or worse Holland/Yzerman have been more about letting the chips fall where they may and not being very active to improve the team's short-term competitiveness (in the last 2-3 years).
I get your point here but Horvat isn’t far off from Larkin (if at all) so it’s a bit of a reach to put him as the same category as Rasmussen IMO. Ras is still firmly in that undecided category.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
After Sweden published their preliminary U20 roster, it seems to be all TOP6 ranked 2020 draftees are at the tournament. And some extra.

CAN - LW Lafreniere
CAN - C, Byfield
SWE - RW, Raymond
SWE - W, Holtz
GER - F, Stutzle
RUS - G, Askarov

CAN - C, Perfetti
FIN - C, Lundell (currently injured, still question mark can he participate, but it's a possibility)
CAN - RD, Drysdale

Reactions: Ginger Papa

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I'm sad Johansson didn't get picked but oh well, hopefully he makes it next year

Blum is Färjestad's #1D and has played with Johansson a lot this season.

Unfortunately Johansson hasn't received much of a chance on the U20 team yet and they have a lot of options on D, so it's easy to cut the young guys.

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad