Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
I really think as he continues to grow, this kid will be an absolute stud... IMO I truly believe he is neck and neck with McIsaac for our 2nd best defensive prospect behind Seider... Tuomisto is having a really good year but I think Albert is special.
Absolutely you can't compare what Albert is doing atm with the level that Tuomisto is playing at. People are worried about our Left side d prospects the two you mentioned are going to have the top4 lockeddown for years to come.

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
Färjestads Albert Johansson, drafted by Detroit this summer, in consultation with former team captain Henrik Zetterberg and Shawn Horcoff, now player developers in the Red Wings.

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
Färjestads Albert Johansson, drafted by Detroit this summer, in consultation with former team captain Henrik Zetterberg and Shawn Horcoff, now player developers in the Red Wings.
d031121b7951c7776176cc762dc15b77.jpg

Reactions: hkydave04

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Assist for Kivenmäki today, 1st point in 12 games and only his 3rd of the season.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Zadina this season compared to last season is like night and day. This season he's always looking to make something happen and he's so much better without the puck. He's been their best forward so far this season in my eyes

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Future Watch: The AHL's under-20 all-stars - TheHockeyNews

Only 5 players to make the list, (2 are Red Wings!)

"Moritz Seider, D (Grand Rapids)
Detroit Red Wings fans who were upset about the team taking Seider in the first round in June (sixth overall) are quickly changing their tune. With eight points in 17 games, Seider has immediately found himself playing alongside Gustav Lindstrom on the Griffins’ top pairing on a team full of young talent. It’s nice to see Seider adjusting well to the North American game after showing promise in a limited role in the German league, leaving teams to question just how good he could possibly be. The 6-foot-3 defenseman will be Germany’s most important rearguard at the World Junior Championship next month, so it’ll be interesting to see if that mid-season break helps or hurts his play for the second half of the campaign."

"Joe Veleno, C (Grand Rapids)
Veleno is a project that the Red Wings should be thrilled about. Sure, he’s the only player the QMJHL has ever granted exceptional status and the second player after Sean Day to earn the exclusive honor in the CHL to not make the NHL right away, but that’s completely OK. The Red Wings are still building towards the future and allowing Veleno to gel with other young guns in a similar position will have its benefits once the team is ready to contend. In his first 18 games of pro action, Veleno has eight points while starting to adjust his game to the more physical nature of the AHL. Yes, he’s being outperformed by guys like Seider and Filip Zadina, but learning from veterans such as Chris Terry and Matt Puempel on an offensively gifted club like Grand Rapids has allowed Veleno to become a more rounded two-way player. Patience is key with Veleno, who’ll be one of Canada’s most important players at the World Junior Championship next month."

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
I'm fascinated to see who is going to go the WJC next month:

I see 5 locks right now so far: Veleno & McIsaac (Canada), Seider (Germany), Berggren (Sweden) & Kivenmaki (Finland)

Will Tuomisto get a look from Finland? Johansson & Eliasson from Sweden?

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009

I see 5 locks right now so far: Veleno & McIsaac (Canada), Seider (Germany), Berggren (Sweden) & Kivenmaki (Finland)

I don't think Kivenmäki is a lock at all, but maybe more likely now that Lundell is out?

Tuomisto won't make it unless there are injuries before the tournament, he hasn't had many opportunities on the main U20 roster (mostly U19 team I think). Same with Johansson, although I think he would deserve a serious look.

I think going into this season Grewe may have had a chance for the bottom-6 but his first half hasn't been that great, so hopefully next year for him.

Eliasson should probably be among the 3 goalies for Sweden.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

Is Zadina not eligible, or not good enough, or injured?

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Another goal for Berggren, 2 game streak.

Edit. Looks like he hasn't played since the 1st period... Hope it's not an injury.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Zadina this season compared to last season is like night and day. This season he's always looking to make something happen and he's so much better without the puck. He's been their best forward so far this season in my eyes

Honestly he’s been fantastic away from the puck and on the forecheck this year. Really in all three zones he’s been good. It’s when the puck is on his stick that he still has lots of room to improve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->