Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Chad,

What is the MHL compared to the KHL? Is it like the U20 League that guys like Tuomisto, Soderblom, etc, are in.... or is it like the AHL?
It's the top junior league. There are a lot of teams so the quality varies quite a bit, but the top teams are very good for junior and may include players who also play KHL every now and then.

I would expect Tyutyayev to get some KHL games once he's all settled in again.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
It's the top junior league. There are a lot of teams so the quality varies quite a bit, but the top teams are very good for junior and may include players who also play KHL every now and then.

Awesome thanks man

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

cross my fingers he plays with Datsyuk

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Chad,

What is the MHL compared to the KHL? Is it like the U20 League that guys like Tuomisto, Soderblom, etc, are in.... or is it like the AHL?

KHL = main League
VHL = Russian "AHL"
MHL = Russian U20 (where Tuytuayev plays)

My personal favourite from that junior league (just because of the name) is Sibirskije Snajpery (from Novosibirsk).

Siberian Snipers. :D

Just love it. Greatest name ever.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Neither of our SHL-level Swedish defensemen can crack the U20 team, even as the #7? Okay.
Yeah it's kinda wack, but it is what it is. Monten (their coach) has his favorites, like Ginning. Albert Johansson has been so good he could make this team now, but I'm sure he'll get his chance next year. Also sucks that Grewe isn't on the team, but whatever

Reactions: Darkseider

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Hopefully a few games with Pavel

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Neither of our SHL-level Swedish defensemen can crack the U20 team, even as the #7? Okay.

Sweden is like Canada, that they have so great depth in 19-year olds, that many 18 year olds stay outside of team. Their chance will come at next year.

I think Albert Johansson is a borderline selection, he was on the earlier U20 tournament, now undrafted Adam Wilsby is there as a wild card.

But that whole Top7 defence is 19-year-olds. Our guys are 18.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->