GDT: 2019-20 Other Games Around the League

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Trying to avoid the mainboards with all its...peculiarities. What is going on with Bill Peters? There were accusations..has there been corroboration or proof? Are the other players bringing up examples of Peters being a racist, or just being a jerk?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Trying to avoid the mainboards with all its...peculiarities. What is going on with Bill Peters? There were accusations..has there been corroboration or proof? Are the other players bringing up examples of Peters being a racist, or just being a jerk?

Ronnie Residue

Burns is daddy.
Feb 15, 2015
On, Canada
Its sad that men like him who are supposed to be mentoring and teaching the kids not just about hockey but also life act that way. A lot of people don't think about this but we are talking about kids who are not even 21 yet being treated this way.
Yeah it’s horrible. At least it looks like the culture is changing and the coaches who cross the line into abuse are being called out. Obviously wish it didn’t happen to begin with, but looks like they’re slowly pushing these bad ones out.

Reactions: Big Cactus

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
With Vancouver’s loss, the Sharks are now top-3 in the Pacific Division if you rank by points percentage. They need to win tonight’s game to stay up there, though.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
CGY winning tonight does us no favors, but if we can cruise through our division, playoffs are easily attainable.

15 games in November, and 10 (WPGx2, VAN, CHI, MIN, ANA, DET, LAKx2, ARI) are games the Sharks should win. NSH VGK and NYI are probably games that the Sharks lose, even if they are playing well. that leaves two games at home against EDM, and those are critical. Really depends which iterations of both teams show up.

So if the sharks win 10 of those 15 games, they can climb out of the dumpster and get back into the mix. That's a tall order for sure, but the schedule gods are giving them the tools to do it.

Well, 11/15 wins is better than expected, and the Sharks took advantage of Vegas, Calgary, and Vancouver all slipping a bit. Great month of Sharks hockey with the team trending in the right direction.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I wonder how popular of a pick Pastrnak was for the Hart prior to the season. That line with Bergeron (hurt at the moment) and Marchand is insane.

*raises hand*

Ehem:

Am I nuts to think David Pastrnak is the best winger in the league? I’m really starting to think so.

I still think so a month and a half after this post. Insane player.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Too lazy to look, but I think he was a super late first round pick, right?

He's so good.

Yeah he was something like a 24th overall pick. Crazy that the Bruins then proceeded to completely whiff on the 13th, 14th, and 15th overall picks the following year, but I think there’s a legit argument that Pastrnak is better than any combo of players they could have had in those spots combined (Barzal, Chabot, Connor?).

Reactions: Sandisfan

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Yeah he was something like a 24th overall pick. Crazy that the Bruins then proceeded to completely whiff on the 13th, 14th, and 15th overall picks the following year, but I think there’s a legit argument that Pastrnak is better than any combo of players they could have had in those spots combined (Barzal, Chabot, Connor?).
He’s no Goldobin.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
He’s no Goldobin.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad