Waived: 2019-20 Ongoing Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
...In order to claim a guy you need to think he is going to play a lot and improve your team. I don't think you claim a player just to waive him again in a month when you want to give one of your other guys a chance...

why not?
if he might meet a current need, be better than a guy you have, or fill a spot created by a guy being unavailable,
why not?
it actually happens 5-10 times/season, that a guy claimed on waivers is then waived again by new team;

Reactions: Johnny Utah

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
why not?
if he might meet a current need, be better than a guy you have, or fill a spot created by a guy being unavailable,
why not?
it actually happens 5-10 times/season, that a guy claimed on waivers is then waived again by new team;

Teams generally want to give chances to those who've battled with them in training camp; it sends a bad message to the group that training camp doesn't matter if you just go out and add someone this early. With a week left it's still too early to close the door on those guys in your trenches that are fighting. That's why you generally don't see waiver claims until later in the preseason, usually as a result of injury or just an inability to fill a depth role internally despite chances. My guess is we'll see 1 maybe 2 claims right near the day when rosters need to be finalized.

Reactions: MilesNewton

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Will any of the guys from today be claimed off waivers? What teams at this point are looking for players?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Will any of the guys from today be claimed off waivers? What teams at this point are looking for players?

Teams would have to be hit hard by injuries already if the guys put on waivers right now are beeing picked up. With best players that get put waivers its usually done shortly before the rosters have to be set and we're not quite there yet.

These are players that are close to a rosterspot but didn't quite make it but are not waivers exempt. There don't exist too many of those anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: MilesNewton

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I don't believe a single player has been claimed and until the better goalies get let go, it will probably stay that way.

I've watched the wire every day and there isn't one player who evenly remotely interests me.

Reactions: qqaz

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Some team could find Greco's speed enticing to claim him. He's had 29 and 30 goals the last 2 AHL seasons too.

The speed is interesting. And you're right he is intriguing. I always liked him ever since he was at SSM.

But right now I think there's too much talent on the board so to speak though. Teams still have guys guys they have to cut. Not a lot of teams where gambling on Greco makes roster sense. Winnipeg might go after someone if no one really takes hold of a forward spot (Luoto, Chibisov) and Connor and Laine are still not likely to be signed in the near future but I just can't see Greco being the target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad