Waived: 2019-20 Ongoing Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Outside of Sparks earlier, this is the first day where I go... "There's some talent there." I like a lot of players here like Lintuniemi. No chance he gets taken though.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I wonder who grabs McKeown? Canes are playing some chess waiving him this early in camp. There are so many teams that could use him as their #4 RD.

Maybe they know he won't have a spot on the team so are waiving him early so he has a chance to catch on elsewhere, as there's no future with the Canes?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Alexandre Carrier could be an interesting gamble...

I'm a bit surprised nobody took a flyer on Carrier. He's still young, with some upside. I mean, i guess i'm not really surprised...'cause it'd be a gamble, since he hasn't really had a shot at making himself a more known commodity at the NHL level. Plus, they slipped him through early in the process where all these other teams are working through bloated rosters and busy sifting through all their own fringe roster guys. But i'm surprised, in that personally...i would've wanted to take that small gamble with decent potential upside.

Reactions: uncleben

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'm a bit surprised nobody took a flyer on Carrier. He's still young, with some upside. I mean, i guess i'm not really surprised...'cause it'd be a gamble, since he hasn't really had a shot at making himself a more known commodity at the NHL level. Plus, they slipped him through early in the process where all these other teams are working through bloated rosters and busy sifting through all their own fringe roster guys. But i'm surprised, in that personally...i would've wanted to take that small gamble with decent potential upside.
He looked intriguing after his first pro year... but if after 3 years you still can't beat Matt Irwin out of job... well... sadly he just hasn't really progressed.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Perhaps we should have started a pool as to who the first player taken via waivers will be. Going to be some interesting names coming when final cuts are done.

Reactions: uncleben

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Might aswell claim Kyle Wood if the Leafs want a 6'6 defender (waive Harpur).

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I think McKeown or Wood are our first members of the 19/20 all waivers team

Charlotte may be favored to repeat their Calder Cup run if all of these guys clear. Their D is going to be obscene, and one of Necas or Gauthier will be back tearing up the league, as well.

Seriously, this defense is borderline bad NHL team-caliber:

Bean-McKeown
Claesson-Wood
Lintuniemi-Priskie
Fitzgerald, Sheppard as extras

Last edited:

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Charlotte may be favored to repeat their Calder Cup run if all of these guys clear. Their D is going to be obscene, and one of Necas or Gauthier will be back tearing up the league, as well.

Seriously, this defense is borderline bad NHL team-caliber:

Bean-McKeown
Claesson-Wood
Lintuniemi-Priskie
Fitzgerald, Sheppard as extras

Bit off topic but I think Charlotte stumbles a little. That's a great defense, but they're missing their offensive stir stick. Poturalski was a great AHL player and will be the most missed forward on that lineup.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Shocked that McKeown cleared, but that's good news for Charlotte. Checkers D is going to be loaded. Yes, I know that Poturalski went to the Ducks to (potentially) win an NHL gig, however, I think Gibbons is a very good replacement considering that he produced in the NHL this year. I'm optimistic about Charlotte's chances to repeat.

Reactions: DaveG

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Shocked that McKeown cleared
A 23-year-old with a total of 10 NHL games? Who is going to guarantee a roster spot for him?

In order to claim a guy you need to think he is going to play a lot and improve your team. I don't think you claim a player just to waive him again in a month when you want to give one of your other guys a chance.

There's a couple of guys who could warrant a claim, but none of them have been waived yet. Teams probably busy trying to trade them first.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
A 23-year-old with a total of 10 NHL games? Who is going to guarantee a roster spot for him?

In order to claim a guy you need to think he is going to play a lot and improve your team. I don't think you claim a player just to waive him again in a month when you want to give one of your other guys a chance.

There's a couple of guys who could warrant a claim, but none of them have been waived yet. Teams probably busy trying to trade them first.

Yep. Every team has their version of McKeown. Maybe McKeown is better, but teams have a built in bias toward their own guys particularly when you are talking about a 6/7 defenseman at best.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

At the very least it could be a very short PTO that potentially extends into the regular season. Odds are that Carolina re-claims him if he doesn't make it.

I think he wasn't claimed because he is a rather ordinary prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad