Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Another good weekend for the BC boys.

Rasanen: 3g 1a
McPhee: 2a
Kemp: 1g

Rasanen had a hat trick and one assist last night against UConn. He was playing on the third line with Colorado 1st rounder, Alex Newhook.

He's third on the team in scoring now with 9 points in 9 games.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017

Rasanen had a hat trick and one assist last night against UConn. He was playing on the third line with Colorado 1st rounder, Alex Newhook.

Rasanen was someone I thought could develop into a bottom 6 C given enough time. I hope he signs with us so we'll have some center depth in Bakersfield.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Rasanen has 2 more points than he did last year already.

I don't know if he is just hot right now or a late bloomers. Every time I've seen his game I've been whelmed. Don't see him being an NHL player (Patrick Russell was like 4 times the player Rasanen is at Uni) but I could see him being a solid AHL guy.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

How did Newhook do? He was a player that I really liked for this past draft.

Reactions: Delicious Pancakes

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Any news on how Broberg is looking? Stat line is looking a bit disappointing. Is he getting third pairing minutes?
He's been very good recently:
Very good during this tournament, one of our top players this weekend. I only watched one full game game and a period in another so I can't speak for the whole tournament but Broberg looked pretty dominant out there, he won most of his duels, moved the puck very well and his skating allows him to absolutely take over games, as you are probably already aware, and this was no exception. His decision making was decent as well, he has improved that area a bit since last season.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I heard another report saying he was good but he was too often making blind passes

What's "too often" - Draisaitl also made high risk blind passes too in the WHL... he has the skill to execute on most of them but it would be fair to say he also turns it over too.

I can't judge any of these prospects until they play their first year of pro. I want progression though... don't like players regressing statistically or staying in place.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
It was more than that, can't find the tweet.

I don't know how it's any less relevant than someone saying he was good.
I get that you like to be skeptical on players, but it always amazes me how much you comment on players that you aren't even watching play. Not only that, but your posts are often absolute statements like "Broberg is the worst player on Sweden's U2o left side". I mean you were literally arguing with a Swedish poster in the U20 section about Sweden's D and their play this season when you haven't seen any of them play.

Having an opinion on a player is great, and even being negative on Broberg is fine when you're basing it on actually watching the player and picking apart things you don't like in their game, but I swear you make far too many posts on players that you haven't even been watching.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I watched one out of the 3 games (vs Finland) and Broberg looked good. Really easy to see the potential he has, even though he's obviously raw.

His SHL play so far has been commended by people watching (and not looking at stat lines). He has done well with a new team and a new level of play (going from allsvenskan to SHL). I have not really heard anyone actually watching him thinking/saying that he is not doing good. Well, except in here of course :)

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I get that you like to be skeptical on players, but it always amazes me how much you comment on players that you aren't even watching play. Not only that, but your posts are often absolute statements like "Broberg is the worst player on Sweden's U2o left side". I mean you were literally arguing with a Swedish poster in the U20 section about Sweden's D and their play this season when you haven't seen any of them play.

Having an opinion on a player is great, and even being negative on Broberg is fine when you're basing it on actually watching the player and picking apart things you don't like in their game, but I swear you make far too many posts on players that you haven't even been watching.

Just went on his profile and clicked ignore. Never positive about anything, overly critical when it's uncalled for.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

And yet people are in here who have seen less than me who are saying how amazing every prospect is going to be.

Just because I'm negative doesn't make my opinions any less valid than blind love and admiration either.

How about this, I won't talk anymore on Broberg until World Juniors or he is in the AHL/NHL.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
And yet people are in here who have seen less than me who are saying how amazing every prospect is going to be.

Just because I'm negative doesn't make my opinions any less valid than blind love and admiration either.

How about this, I won't talk anymore on Broberg until World Juniors or he is in the AHL/NHL.
There's definitely both sides of the spectrum and I can understand offsetting some of the blind positivity, but critiquing a player on their play this season in terms of absolute just seems ridiculous when you haven't watched a minute of any of these SHL players. That's why I don't comment on these prospects outside of their past play in the international tournaments because I sure as hell don't watch SHL or Allsvenskan games.

I'll gladly discuss Broberg's play at the WJC's with you so that we can actually debate what we are seeing with our own two eyes. At least those tournaments give us a better look at where a player's at even if they are at times flawed due to it being a short tournament with different coaching schemes and line mates .

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
There's definitely both sides of the spectrum and I can understand offsetting some of the blind positivity, but critiquing a player on their play this season in terms of absolute just seems ridiculous when you haven't watched a minute of any of these SHL players. That's why I don't comment on these prospects outside of their past play in the international tournaments because I sure as hell don't watch SHL or Allsvenskan games.

I'll gladly discuss Broberg's play at the WJC's with you so that we can actually debate what we are seeing with our own two eyes. At least those tournaments give us a better look at where a player's at even if they are at times flawed due to it being a short tournament with different coaching schemes and line mates .
Looking forward to it

Reactions: McFlyingV

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Raphael Lavoie just keeps producing shots at a ridiculous rate. 2-1-3 with 10 SOG again tonight. He's now up to 15-18-33 in 21GP with 133SOG. He's on pace to almost double his shot totals from last year and surpass 400 SOG.

For anyone watching his games, are his linemates creating a lot of shots for him, or is he creating most of them himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad