2019-20 Oilers Head Coach (if Hitchcock doesn't extend)

Who would you like to see?

• Total voters

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
If Hitchcock is offered the job, I bet he takes it. I don't think he wants to end his legacy having a losing record coaching his hometown team.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Alain Vigneault
Won Division Titles with both Vancouver and New York
Went to the Stanley Cup final, with both with Vancouver and New York
Both teams fell off the grid after he was fired
He's very intelligent, experienced, proven, and is the most ideal coach for this team right now, imo

But if Ken can manage to have a monster 2nd half and squeak into the playoffs, he probably deserves another year, a full season to work with.

Reactions: Patch101

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I wouldn't mind Hitchcock for another year. If he manages to squeak us into the playoffs I'd extend him without thinking twice about it.

If not, I'd say Alain Vigneault. He'd be a good fit here.

I think everyone here would be pretty disappointed with Q. He was good with the Hawks a few years ago but he's washed up now. I don't think he'd be any different from TMac.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Stauffer is already telling guys like Freidman with confidence that Hitch is back next year. Unless the guy dies I suspect he is here.

Even with a new GM I don't know that you get rid of Hitch for next year

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Honestly, it won't matter squat who they get as a coach, if things don't change up top. And we are in such a pickle now with lack of cap space and bloated contracts, and lack of depth, that might not change for some time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad