Speculation: 2019-20 NHL Lines & Lineup Notes Thread (as Sept. 28th '20 @ 8:00pm) *FINAL*

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
You can pretty Lock Jumbo into that #3 center spot despite him not re-signing yet. It's just a formality at this point. Marleau is not a sure thing but Thornton is.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
So against my better judgement and because I'm a masochist, I'm going to actually try to keep up with the healthy scratches this year as well which is something that's been requested in the past but I thought it was too much.

All have been added to the best of my guesses keeping in mind that NHL rosters have to be 23 people. Be kind with me please. :laugh:

Reactions: bukwas

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Just out of curiosity. Is the consensus that Talbot is the starter over Rittich in Calgary?

I would be shocked if that was the case, IMO Rittich is in the drivers seat, make no mistake though Talbot will get his chances to take the starters role, I just see Rittich as a better goalie flat out....

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
@BonMorrison So a few things that jumped out at me browsing through your very lengthy post. Kudos to you, I suspect this wasn't a quick process.

NJD. Boqvist likely doesn't start on the 4th line, I believe that he plays another year in Sweden or plays in the AHL getting more prominent ice time to develop over 4th line minutes - he's a skill player, not a grinder.

COL. Missed the RFA note on Rantanen.

STL. Dunn is a LD, not a RD. Either Gunny or Bortz will play the 3RD slot if everyone is healthy. I expect Eddy to get some time on the bench if everyone is healthy as well (thinking the SCF against BOS where this was the case).

DAL. Gurianov? I expect he's given a long look out of camp after 3 seasons in the AHL improving his all around game. My understanding is during his call ups last year, he did everything but convert on his numerous breakaways.

PIT. Kahun is a skill guy. I think it's more likely he gets top 6 minutes over Tanev.

OTT. Guy feeling here, but Anisimov likely plays 2/3C, not on the wing.

Lisa Caswell

Aug 21, 2019
Landeskog-Mackinnon-Rantanen
Jost-Kadri-Donskoi
Burakovsky-Compher-Nichushkin
Wilson-Bellemare-Calvert

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Wouldn’t be shocked to see the Blues go with something like this, seeing as Armstrong said they really want Thomas at C.

Schenn-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Thomas-Perron
Fabbri/Sanford-Bozak-Blais
Steen-Barbashev-Sundqvist
MacEachern

Dunn-Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester-Parayko
Edmundson-Bortuzzo
Gunnarsson

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Connor Schiefele Ehlers
Copp Wheeler Laine
Perrault Lowry Little
Appleton Roslovic Vesalainen

Just to confuse you a bit :)

But great job!!!

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Rangers

Panarin Zibanejead Kakko
Kreider Chytil Buchnevich
Strome Howden Kravtsov
Lemieux Andersson Fast

Extra: McKegg O'Regan
Traded: Namestikov for a draft pick

Skjei Trouba
Staal DeAngelo
Smith Fox

One of
Hajek
Lindgren
Rykov
Reunanen
Steals a job from Smith or Staal and if Smith goes to the AHL, a job is up for grabs

Lundqvist
Georgiev

Shestyorkin in AHL

Reactions: Lisa Caswell

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Wouldn’t be shocked to see the Blues go with something like this, seeing as Armstrong said they really want Thomas at C.

I think I missed an interview, when did he say that? I expect the Blues to start mostly the same as how we ended last season. I wouldn't be surprised if the plan is to eventually play Thomas at Schenn's spot if he doesn't sign a new contract after next season. I expect Dunn to start on the 3rd pairing next season. After Bouwmeester's contract ends after next season I guess he will probably be moved up to the first or second pairing.

*** - O'Reilly - Perron
Schwartz - Schenn - Tarasenko
*** - Bozak - Thomas
Barbashev - Sundqvist - Steen

***=Sanford/Blais/Fabbri/Kyrou

Gunnarsson - Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester - Parayko
Dunn - Bortuzzo
Edmundson

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
The Jets 2/3/4 Center is a joke. Laine and Ehlers's talent is being wasted.

The defence makes me want to cry.

It's going to be a long winter here in the 'Peg.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Canes

Forwards look reasonable to me.

Top 4 D will be:

Slavin - Hamilton
Pesce - Faulk

The 3rd pairing slots, until TVR is healthy, will be up for grabs between Fleury, Forsling, Bean, Priskie, and McKeown (if re-signed) in camp.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Been doing my best to keep on top of training camp lines if anyone wants to post their teams most recents. Been adjusting as more players been sent down, keeping this to a standard 23 man roster.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Cale Fleury is getting ahead of Folin/Reilly.

On the Ducks board a lot of poster seems to agreed that Getzlaf will start on the third line, Steel centering the first.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
For Montreal the D is correct as of now but up front Lehkonen is playing with Domi. You can put Byron on the 3rd line

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
the oilers lines could use some work however they are not set in stone yet as they don't know who will make the team from camp yet however

Burdasov (KHL winger) is making a push for a roster spot and Ethan Bear on D looks to have made the team on D

also Thomas Jurco has made the club from what I see and read

Last edited:

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Habs line-up is pretty much set for now:

Lehkonen-Domi-Suzuki
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Weal
Byron-Thompson-Armia

Mete-Weber
Chiarot-Petry
Kulak-Fleury

Price-Kinkaid

When Poehling get medically cleared, he'll probably steal Thompson's spot.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha
Athanasiou-Nielsen/Filppula-Hirose
Erne-Filppula/Nielsen-Ehn/Helm
Abdelkader-Glendening-Helm/Ehn
(DeLarose)

DeKeyser-Hronek
Nemeth-Green
Cholowki-Bowey
(Ericsson-Daley)

Howard
Bernier

=2020 1st OA Lafreniere

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Doing my best to keep these lines updated - let me know if you see anything that needs to be revised.

(No more Habs lines please, for the love of god :laugh:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->