NBA 2019-20 NBA standings predictions

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
A healthy Indy imo challenges for a top 3 seed in the conference with all the movement that occurred. People forget that team was on a torrid pace before Oladipo blew out his ACL. They still had a remarkable year given that, and they got better with Brogdon.

East:

1. Bucks
2. Sixers
3. Pacers
4. Celtics
5. Raptors (Still a pretty solid team without Kawhi but they're likely cannon fodder within the first 2 rounds)
6. Nets
7. Heat
8. Pistons

West:

1. Clippers
2. Rockets
3. Jazz
4. Lakers
5. Blazers
6. Nuggets
7. Warriors
8. Spurs

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
A healthy Indy imo challenges for a top 3 seed in the conference with all the movement that occurred. People forget that team was on a torrid pace before Oladipo blew out his ACL. They still had a remarkable year given that, and they got better with Brogdon.

East:

1. Bucks
2. Sixers
3. Pacers
4. Celtics
5. Raptors (Still a pretty solid team without Kawhi but they're likely cannon fodder within the first 2 rounds)
6. Nets
7. Heat
8. Pistons

West:

1. Clippers
2. Rockets
3. Jazz
4. Lakers
5. Blazers
6. Nuggets
7. Warriors
8. Spurs

One of the main reasons they did good without Oladipo is gone. And Bojan >>> Brogdon. They will still be a very good team for the Eastern Conf with that replacement though.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
West:
1. Clippers (best all around team in the league imo)
2. Rockets (same team but they replaced a past prime CP3 with a prime Russ - watch out for Houston)
3. Nuggets (Jokic is gonna be an MVP candidate and the whole team got some valuable experience last year; don’t sleep on Denver)
4. Lakers (35 year old LBJ will take it easy in the RS and AD might too given his injury history; the playoffs will determine how great this team really is)
5. Jazz (Great all-around team but they’re still missing the “it” factor imo)
6. Warriors (once Klay gets back, they’ll be a force once again)
7. Blazers (they’re a great team but the west is just too damn stacked for them to do much damage imo)
8. Spurs (a lot of teams in the running for the 8th seed but when you’ve made it for over 20 years straight, you get the benefit of the doubt)
On the line: Kings, Mavs and Pelicans

East:
1. Bucks (Giannis got more experienced, rip to the rest of the east)
2. 76ers (they got a bit worse imo but with Kawhi in LA, philly should be a lock for the top 2)
3. Celtics (they also got worse but since the east also got worse, I can see Boston as the 3/4 seed)
4. Pacers (depending on Oladipo’s health, the pacers should be a lock for the playoffs)
5. Raptors (losing Kawhi sucks but the east sucks even more, hence the raps should still be a solid playoff team)
6. Heat (adding Jimmy along with the development of some of their younger players should be good enough to get the Healtes back in the playoffs)
7. Nets (no Kd for the whole year hence I see Brooklyn as a 6/7 seed)
8. Pistons (idk there’s something about having D-Rose and Blake Griffin on the same team that makes me hella nostalgic so I’ll put them as a playoff team)

On the line: Magic and Hawks

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
West
1. Clippers
2. Jazz
3. Warriors
4. Rockets
5. Lakers
6. Nuggets
7. Blazers
8.Hornets (yes I know I know, but I beleive they can do something and will surprise many over the Spurs IMO)

East
1.Bucks
2.76ers
3.Nets
4.Raptors
5.Pacers
6.Celtics
7.Heat
8.Pistons/Magic

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I can confidently say that the Hornets chances of making the playoffs in the west are exactly 0%.

Almost the same in the East too.

Agree on West. Their chances of making playoffs in the East is less than 10% IMO.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
West
1) Denver
2) Utah
3) Houston
4) Golden State
5) Los Angeles Clippers
6) Los Angeles Lakers
7) Portland
8) San Antonio

East
1) Philadelphia
2) Milwaukee
3) Indiana
4) Boston
5) Toronto
6) Miami
7) Orlando
8) Detroit

Call me crazy, but I don't think the Brooklyn Nets led by Kyrie Irving are going to make the playoffs even in the god-awful Eastern Conference.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I can confidently say that the Hornets chances of making the playoffs in the west are exactly 0%.

Almost the same in the East too.

What the hell are you talking about? Did you miss the news that "scary" Terry Rozier is on the roster? He would have been a lottery pick this year, Mitch Kupchak said so.

Hornets president Mitch Kupchak: Terry Rozier would’ve been lottery pick if in 2019 draft

We're going to the playoffs alright, and by playoffs I mean the lottery playoffs!

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

JSlick

Oct 17, 2016
Edmonton
West

1. Nuggets
2. Blazers
3. Lakers
4. Clippers
5. Jazz
6. Rockets