NBA 2019-20 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Dolan has apparently lost his desire to chase Masai.

"The sense that I've gotten is, is as much as he's coveted Masai Ujiri, the hurdles that it would take to get there -- from draft compensation to Toronto allowing him out of his contract to Masai wanting to do this -- he seems that he has lost his desire to go forward and chase that, and you always wonder about the process and the people Jim Dolan listens to when he makes these important hires for the Knicks." - Woj at 4:32

Aw, such a shame.

Guess Woj will have to now pick a THIRD team that he's "hearing sources" is targeting Masai Ujiri. :help:

He wasted zero time sending that first tweet out, like minutes after they won the Championship, that Washington was targeting Masai as well. Turns out that was complete bull****, too.

What's next, "omgz you guys, Sacramento wants Ujiri! :scared:"

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Aw, such a shame.

Guess Woj will have to now pick a THIRD team that he's "hearing sources" is targeting Masai Ujiri. :help:

He wasted zero time sending that first tweet out, like minutes after they won the Championship, that Washington was targeting Masai as well. Turns out that was complete bull****, too.

What's next, "omgz you guys, Sacramento wants Ujiri! :scared:"
I mean I’m sure most teams would love to add him and at least ask. Just because the team is interested doesn’t mean Masai is. Woj is just the reporter, don’t shoot the messenger.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I mean I’m sure most teams would love to add him and at least ask. Just because the team is interested doesn’t mean Masai is. Woj is just the reporter, don’t shoot the messenger.

Oh no doubt, I realize if Masai were to step down or seek a new opportunity elsewhere there'd be no shortage of suitors.

But ever since Woj chose the worst possible moment to tweet out that he "might go elsewhere", not even an hour after Ujiri won a championship, I've been skeptical of any talk that involves another team showing interest in Ujiri.

Especially since Masai himself hasn't hinted at wanting to leave Toronto.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Masai is in a perfect situation. Ownership lets him do his thing and being with the Raptors has really helped him grow his Africa programs (mainly due to Siakam), he's one of the highest paid execs in the league but I don't think money motivates him as much as others. I mean, the Wiz were going to pay him 10 million a year and give an ownership stake, that clearly didn't move him.

The one thing is hes always wanted to rebuild a team from the bottom, and that was supposed to happen with the Raps this year or next but with the team on fire, he may not get the chance until summer 2021. But I doubt he leaves unless he feels the need for a new challenge.

Does not surprise me they are hiring Rose. GS & LAL both hired former agents as GMs and its worked out, Dolan has to try everything and anything at this point.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Firing Brett Brown will NOT change the culture in Philadelphia. That team is mentally weak, Embiid can’t stay healthy and for a big man he sure is soft. Simmons can defend but his shooting is inconsistent.

Reactions: Voight

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Embiid wasn't good last night and has had some rough moments lately but he also just came back from a hand injury that still appears to be bothering him. The other thing with him is that he's obviously not the most conditioned player so it seems like it takes him longer to get into game shape whenever he comes back from missing time.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Firing Brett Brown will NOT change the culture in Philadelphia. That team is mentally weak, Embiid can’t stay healthy and for a big man he sure is soft. Simmons can defend but his shooting is inconsistent.

He is Charmin soft. Talks a big name and acts tough.

Last edited:

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Joel Embiid probably has the worst conditioning as a big man.
Does he take care of his body, does he commit to a workout regime?
He has no drive, no killer instinct, no jump...what's with this guy?

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
f*** the NBA actually such a dogshit amateur league.

f***ing joke goaltending non call, f*** that joke league.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
How can anyone watch that dogshit like seriously f*** the NBA I'm done.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Not surprised the Kings handled Miami last night. They had them beat in their own barn last time until they blew it.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I think the Clips should've moved Montrezl for a defensive upgrade. Dude can't defend at all and Doc won't give Zubat any mins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->