NBA 2019-20 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Clips comeback with a win over Wolves. Knicks beat Pacers on the road, good win for them.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Heat just blew out the Sixers by 31.

Jimmy had 38 points and didn't play a single minute of the 4th quarter. Look out if he actually starts making threes again like he did tonight. I don't know if it's his wrist or something else but his jumper has basically been broken for two months but he still keeps producing.

Another rough one for Harris and Horford as they combined for 12 points. Horford was invisible and you wouldn't even know he played unless you looked at the boxscore.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Heat just blew out the Sixers by 31.

Jimmy had 38 points and didn't play a single minute of the 4th quarter. Look out if he actually starts making threes again like he did tonight. I don't know if it's his wrist or something else but his jumper has basically been broken for two months but he still keeps producing.

Another rough one for Harris and Horford as they combined for 12 points. Horford was invisible and you wouldn't even know he played unless you looked at the boxscore.
that's funny considering horford played like prime KG against the lakers last week

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Nice win for the Blazers, maybe they can still make it.

I definitely think they still have a chance... here's some of the teams that might reach the 8th spot in the West;

TeamRecordLast 10 games
Memphis25-257-3
Portland23-277-3
San Antonio22-275-5
New Orleans20-306-4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Just sell the team. Can't hire anyone good to run/coach the team and players have 0 desire to play for the Knicks. Just like KD said, the younger guys now have lived through the teams mediocrity & have never seen the Knicks successful. Zion for example wasn't even alive when they made the finals in 1999.

I’m sure Masai can’t wait to leave Toronto to go be Dolan’s pawn in New York

Its such a pipe dream it makes me laugh. Ujiri has full autonomy in Toronto, ownership pretty much lets him do what he wants (rightfully so).

Dolan will NEVER be able to hire a competent executive. He is incapable of giving up his control and cant help himself, he always feels the need to interfere. Rangers fans are lucky he leaves the team alone.

He can promise independence as much as he wants but guys wont fall for it. IIRC he promised Phil Jackson that and obviously he never got it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Rotter

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

It's hard to say how real the Knicks threat is because I just can't imagine Masai wanting to work for/with Dolan but it'd still be good news for the Raptors if Dolan gets impatient and hires someone else before Masai's contract expires.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
As a fellow Canadian, I root for Brooks to succeed, but dude just needs to let his play do the talking. Just don't say anything that might bite you in the *** one day.

No harm in that or Morant's comments. Iguodala is saying he'd rather not play than play on that team so they're throwing some shots of their own.

I like this young Grizzlies team with JJJ and Morant as the franchise players. Then the two Canadians, Brooks and Clarke, as very good rotation pieces behind them.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

It's hard to say how real the Knicks threat is because I just can't imagine Masai wanting to work for/with Dolan but it'd still be good news for the Raptors if Dolan gets impatient and hires someone else before Masai's contract expires.

I think there is 0 chance he would want to work for Dolan. There really is no appeal, Knicks have not been a top destination for top free agents since God knows when & even with Masai there, players don't like Dolan. Look at his treatment of Oakley as an example.

Dolan could offer him a massive amount of money but so could MLSE. Plus in Toronto hes left alone with no real interference from ownership.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Dolan has apparently lost his desire to chase Masai.

"The sense that I've gotten is, is as much as he's coveted Masai Ujiri, the hurdles that it would take to get there -- from draft compensation to Toronto allowing him out of his contract to Masai wanting to do this -- he seems that he has lost his desire to go forward and chase that, and you always wonder about the process and the people Jim Dolan listens to when he makes these important hires for the Knicks." - Woj at 4:32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad