NBA 2019-20 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Don’t know how you can be complaining about Green......

Fantastic game. All of the stars had their moments but it was the depth players that stood out. Trez, Bev, Lou, Harkless for the Clips were great and Green was fantastic for the Lakers with Dwight, Bradley, McGee having moments of being good.

I'm not complaining about Green, I'm talking about that group in crunch time. We know the other two are LeBron and AD which isn't changing. Down the stretch they were bad. Maybe it'll be LeBron, AD, Green and two others, but what was out there today won't cut it.

Let's not act like Green going to have a night like that probably at all again this season.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Clippers fan here. I love PatBev more than words can describe.
Also a Clipper fan. I was very against Bev in the CP3 trade. He has changed my mind to an amazing extent. He is now probably the most important non superstar player or at least tied with Lou on the Clips.
I'm not complaining about Green, I'm talking about that group in crunch time. We know the other two are LeBron and AD which isn't changing. Down the stretch they were bad. Maybe it'll be LeBron, AD, Green and two others, but what was out there today won't cut it.

Let's not act like Green going to have a night like that probably at all again this season.
I wouldn’t expect Lebron or AD to have a night like that again or at least not at the same time. Green probably will be closer to the 1/2/4 quarter tonight than the 3rd quarter this season.

Reactions: TrueTT

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
bad shooting night from AD and lebron. not gonna beat the best defensive team in the league that way

TrueTT

Dec 12, 2018
Guelph, ON
With the way the Leafs and Ducks played last night, and given we were missing Paul George, I for one was wholly expecting the Clippers to lose and complete the trifecta of sports suffering as I go off to bed.

Thank god for Kawhi, Lou Will, Trezz and Bev.

TrueTT

Dec 12, 2018
Guelph, ON
How is Lou Will not a starter in this league?

He insists on "coming off the bench" so that he can win 6MOTY awards. That didn't change after we traded for him.

Him and Trezz play starter minutes. They would both likely be all-stars in the Eastern Conference last year.

TrueTT

Dec 12, 2018
Guelph, ON
Kawhi is amazing

*cries in Spurs

While I love him because he now plays for my team- I will never not look upon his exit from San Antonio with utter disdain. The way he dragged Pop and co. is shameful.

Instead of just manning up and admitting he wanted to go back home to L.A., he made the entire Spurs org. look like demons for trying to force him to play through an injury. Really shady stuff from him and his uncle.

TrueTT

Dec 12, 2018
Guelph, ON
Gotta have a really good bench these days.

Having 2 top-10 players- one of whom is arguably the best player in the world right now- plus having maybe the best bench in the league is better than having a 3-star superteam and no depth IE the 2010-14 Miami Heat. I really think those Heatles teams win 4 straight had they had a secondary rotation that could get 45+ points night in/out.

We are really a starting caliber big man away from being the prohibitive favorites if we're healthy. I'm still not sold on this team in the playoffs going up against the likes of Utah or Denver if there's no conceivable way of matching Gobert or Jokic.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So happy to have the NBA back. Lakers/Clippers was really good last night and felt bigger than just any old regular season opener. This Clippers team is loaded and that's without George even being out there.

It's going to take the Lakers some time to gel so it's tough to take too much away from their first game. We've seen it with prior LeBron teams and many others in the first month of the season. One thing I am ready to say is that KCP is still terrible and has no business playing that many minutes. I don't know who their other options are but it just can't be him.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
While I love him because he now plays for my team- I will never not look upon his exit from San Antonio with utter disdain. The way he dragged Pop and co. is shameful.

Instead of just manning up and admitting he wanted to go back home to L.A., he made the entire Spurs org. look like demons for trying to force him to play through an injury. Really shady stuff from him and his uncle.
TBH, even when he sat out during his last year with the Spurs, I sided with Kawhi

At some point, as an organization, you have yo respect the player

He knows his body, if he feels pain, he feels pain and he doesn't want to jeopardize his career.

Kevin Durant wasn't ready during the Finals, they rushed him back and he didn't finish the game.

The whole "Spurs are a great organization, they know what they are doing, holier than thou, herp derp" media narrative has got their FO's head, and now they believe they can do no wrong, and as much as I love Pop, he has a huge ego and shouldn't be impervious to criticsim

Also, team doctors are team employees, working for a big franchise looks good on their Resume and they don't want to upset their employer.

Raptors rested Kawhi during the regular season and it paid off big time in the playoffs

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Having 2 top-10 players- one of whom is arguably the best player in the world right now- plus having maybe the best bench in the league is better than having a 3-star superteam and no depth IE the 2010-14 Miami Heat. I really think those Heatles teams win 4 straight had they had a secondary rotation that could get 45+ points night in/out.

We are really a starting caliber big man away from being the prohibitive favorites if we're healthy. I'm still not sold on this team in the playoffs going up against the likes of Utah or Denver if there's no conceivable way of matching Gobert or Jokic.
I’m looking at Steven Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->