NBA 2019-20 NBA Regular Season Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think Shai > Brown and
5 firsts + 2 pick swaps + Danilo >= Tatum

Plus Kawhi has an opt-out after next season, and you never know what will be on his mind. A lot can change in 4 seasons. 4 years ago, the Cavs were the best team in the NBA.
And if the Clippers win a championship, then it’s all worth it. Also Shai better than Brown is questionable at best and I’d much rather have one real good young definite impact player than a bunch of maybes.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
And if the Clippers win a championship, then it’s all worth it. Also Shai better than Brown is questionable at best and I’d much rather have one real good young definite impact player than a bunch of maybes.
No doubt. But I can't remember a team so flawed winning a chip before.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
No doubt. But I can't remember a team so flawed winning a chip before.
So flawed? Where’s the flaw? They have one of the best starting 5s in the game, with an easily top 3 player (arguably top) that has shown he can take over games, along with another absolute superstar, 2 players off the bench averaging over 18 a game, and plenty of role players. This team is easily better than Toronto last season and they won so your point is just as flawed as you think the Clippers are.

PS last part was not a jab or anything. Thought it was a funny way to put it.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
So flawed? Where’s the flaw? They have one of the best starting 5s in the game, with an easily top 3 player (arguably top) that has shown he can take over games, along with another absolute superstar, 2 players off the bench averaging over 18 a game, and plenty of role players. This team is easily better than Toronto last season and they won so your point is just as flawed as you think the Clippers are.

PS last part was not a jab or anything. Thought it was a funny way to put it.
I think in terms of adjusted net rating, the only teams that finished as low as Clippers have so far this season that went on to win the Chip were the 2011 Dallas Mavericks and the 2006 Miami Heat. They play too inconsistent at times and their ball movement suffers a lot.

The 2018-19 Raptors were way better because they won the Chip. The Clippers could match that, but until they do, it is not an argument.

Heck, the 2019-20 Raptors are technically better at the moment.

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think in terms of adjusted net rating, the only teams that finished as low as Clippers have so far this season that went on to win the Chip were the 2011 Dallas Mavericks and the 2006 Miami Heat. They play too inconsistent at times and their ball movement suffers a lot.

The 2018-19 Raptors were way better because they won the Chip. The Clippers could match that, but until they do, it is not an argument.

Heck, the 2019-20 Raptors are technically better at the moment.
The Clippers have had single digits in games where they have a fully healthy lineup. Acting like this team is anywhere close to their best is just not right. You can cite all the stats you want but they don’t matter when you don’t have your full lineup to judge.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
the clippers are the most stacked team in the league

they not only have kawhi+PG but their bench is just downright scary. only way i don't see them winning it all is injuries
I think the Bucks are the team to beat.

I didn't want to believe in Middleton, but he's averaging 20 on 50/40/90 splits. Any other star player would get proper respect for this sort of production. It's hard to ignore.

B. Lopez evolving into an elite defensive player (literally top 3 in his position) along with Giannis makes them impossible to score buckets against except through the 3

Last edited:
Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

tenor.gif

Riiiiiight, but it takes a tremendous amount of skill to travel constantly and cry for fouls on every offensive possession?

Harden knows that people will never respect him as one of the all time greats due to his style of play. He seems bitter about it, but the only one that can change it is him.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
BTW, that tweet is so f***ing stupid, I don't even know where to begin. Like really? 10 games and already proclaiming it could be worse than the KG and PP trade to the Nets? PG isn't in his mid 30s and like KG and PP were when they got traded to Brooklyn. And since when are 36% 3p% and 82% FT% bad??? And while Kawhi wasn't technically part of this trade, he essentially was. So it was Kawhi and PG for that package. Were KG or PP having a year that Kawhi is this year?

(MOD)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gecklund

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
the clippers are the most stacked team in the league

they not only have kawhi+PG but their bench is just downright scary. only way i don't see them winning it all is injuries

Nevermind that Kawhi & PG are both great playoff performers with Kawhi coming off one of the all time best playoff runs / extra motivated to win a title for his home city & put the Clips into the spotlight.

Riiiiiight, but it takes a tremendous amount of skill to travel constantly and cry for fouls on every offensive possession?

Harden knows that people will never respect him as one of the all time greats due to his style of play. He seems bitter about it, but the only one that can change it is him.

I don't know why hes so bitter. He's got an MVP award...... and I think most fans will agree Giannis was deserving of the award last year.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
BTW, that tweet is so f***ing stupid, I don't even know where to begin. Like really? 10 games and already proclaiming it could be worse than the KG and PP trade to the Nets? PG isn't in his mid 30s and like KG and PP were when they got traded to Brooklyn. And since when are 36% 3p% and 82% FT% bad??? And while Kawhi wasn't technically part of this trade, he essentially was. So it was Kawhi and PG for that package. Were KG or PP having a year that Kawhi is this year?

(MOD)
It's not bad, but his regular season numbers so far have been disappointing relative to the package they gave up. Shai technically is putting up better numbers himself ATM.

Of course, the Clippers will be judged on their playoff performances so it may not matter altogether Lol.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
@Cassano you watching the game tonight? “Ball movement is suffering” yet they have 31 assists half way through the fourth.
Encouraging sign, but still bottom 5 in the league in passes made per game and bottom half in the league in assists per game.

Not sure if the stats got better or not, but I imagine with Morris it's probably been better.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Every star player travels.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I think the Bucks are the team to beat.

I didn't want to believe in Middleton, but he's averaging 20 on 50/40/90 splits. Any other star player would get proper respect for this sort of production. It's hard to ignore.

B. Lopez evolving into an elite defensive player (literally top 3 in his position) along with Giannis makes them impossible to score buckets against except through the 3

We saw last season that Giannis can be contained. Miami showed it today.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
No star player does it as much as James Harden does while simultaneously whining for every foul call imaginable.

Smart on his part, but there's a reason why I don't think he'll ever win in the playoffs.

I'd argue his teammate whines more than Harden. Then off course there's Draymond Green who never fouls anyone and is fouled every time he touches the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad