NBA 2019-20 NBA Regular Season Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
The hell kinda inbound was that? Game on the line and down by three and though go inside to "the Stick" for 2.

Sep 19, 2008
not really following nba during the nhl playoffs but I was alarmed to learn today that Phoenix is 7-0

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This Blazers/Mavs game is insane right now.

61 for Dame with a minute to go.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
If I understand the rules correctly, there will be some extra games to determine who gets the eighth seed in the West.

From NBA.com;
At the conclusion of the seeding games, if the eighth seed is four games or fewer ahead of the ninth seed, those teams would compete in a play-in tournament to determine the eighth playoff seed.

Portland (34-39, .466): Brooklyn is their remaining opponent.
---
Memphis (33-39, .458): Milwaukee.
Phoenix (33-39, .458): Dallas.
San Antonio (32-38, .457): Utah.

Reactions: Avs_19

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
You know whats insane about Carmelo's career? If he was drafted ONE SPOT higher, he most likely would have a ring and conversations about his career might have turned out much differently.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If I understand the rules correctly, there will be some extra games to determine who gets the eighth seed in the West.

From NBA.com;

Portland (34-39, .466): Brooklyn is their remaining opponent.
---
Memphis (33-39, .458): Milwaukee.
Phoenix (33-39, .458): Dallas.
San Antonio (32-38, .457): Utah.

Yeah, there's going to be a play in.

TSN broke down the scenarios:

Portland will be seeded:
#8 if Blazers win OR Grizzlies, Suns and Spurs lose
#9 if Blazers lose and loss by any two of Grizzlies, Suns or Spurs
ELIMINATED if Blazers lose and wins by any two of Grizzlies, Suns or Spurs

Memphis will be seeded:
#8 if Grizzlies win and Blazers lose
#9 if Grizzlies win and Blazers win OR Grizzlies, Suns and Spurs all lose
ELIMINATED if Grizzlies lose and wins by either Suns or Spurs

Phoenix will be seeded:
#8 if Suns win and Blazers and Grizzlies both lose
#9 if Suns win and Blazers or Grizzlies lose
ELIMINATED if Suns lose

San Antonio will be seeded:
#8 if Spurs win and Blazers, Grizzlies and Suns all lose
#9 if Spurs win and loss by any two of Blazers, Grizzlies and Suns
ELIMINATED if Spurs lose

Scenarios for NBA Western Conference play-in teams - TSN.ca

Tomorrow is going to be fun.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm sure the daytime games don't help. We'll see what happens when the playoffs begin and we get deeper into them. Personally I think most of the games have been tolerable at worst. A few stinkers but there's been some great contests.

As for me, I'm more inclined to watch when TNT is involved. Not only do I think the games are better, but Inside the NBA is a great watch, probably the best sports show out there. ESPN/ABC doesn't really interest me, NBA Countdown isn't worth watching IMO and I can't stand the Van Gundy/Breen/Jackson broadcasting trio.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
NBA Bubble to Allow Family and ‘Friends,’ Prompting Uncomfortable Conversations

“established longstanding personal friends.” Who counts as an established long-standing personal friend? For the purposes of the bubble, it’s not someone “the player has not previously met in person or with whom the player has had limited in-person interactions,” or anyone “known by the player only through social media or an intermediary,” thus raising the question of exactly which apps count as “social media.” According to USA Today, “agents, business managers, personal chefs, trainers and tattoo artists” are also not allowed in, though some suspect the truly determined ones will find ways around that.

This is 1000% not going to end well.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

These white dudes can really play. They're doing more than just shooting too.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Both the Grizzlies and Suns won today. So if the Blazers win tonight, it’s Blazers vs. Grizzlies in the play-in. If they lose then it’s Grizzlies vs. Suns.

Whatever happens, what the Suns did was impressive. They went 8-0 and it’s not like they just beat a bunch of bad teams. Booker, Ayton, Bridges, and Johnson all looked good and it should be something to build on for next season.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
zero chance dame is gonna let his team get sent home by the nets

he'll carry them to victory

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Nah the Spurs won't go full Red Wings. All it takes is them falling into one stud in the draft and they're a playoff team again. A bubble team at the most, but playoffs at least.

One guy can change franchise fortunes too much for them to go on a Red Wings like nosedive.

Reactions: Power Man
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->