NBA 2019-20 NBA Regular Season Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Can't jump to conclusions on Gobert because it could just be the flu but if any player gets the virus then you obviously have to shut things down. Playing in empty arenas was always just a half measure and it's probably only a matter of time before they have to postpone the season.

Also.....

Dolan and the Knicks. Always Dolan and the Knicks.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
If this is really what it seems right now and Gobert may have the coronavirus or just the THOUGHT he might have it is enough to cancel this game, then we are likely not watching any pro sports for months folks.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
great job touching all the mics gobert. now all of those reporters will likely need to be quarantined if he does have CV and even worse, some might actually get sick because of his dumb ass

but let's just hope its the flu. if he does have CV then you can kiss the season goodbye

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The day Rudy Gobert stopped the Rockets running away with the title.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Suns may have come up with an idea to bring back the NBA in some capacity;

Phoenix Suns plan to simulate suspended NBA games on 2K via Twitch | Dexerto.com

Honestly? This isn't as stupid as it sounds. As i said on reddit;

There's a lot of potential here. In times that are by no means certain, if the Suns do it...maybe other teams look at it and go "hm, that's not a bad idea."

Maybe the other 29 teams follow, maybe the NHL gets in on the idea, maybe shit like FSN goes "well it ain't like we got shit to cover anyways, let's get in on it"

Does it mean nothing? Not really, it's a video game. There's no world where the NBA would award anything through a game. But at the same time...maybe it helps people keep calm and we get some memey twitter beefs out of it where a team brags about an imaginary championship and proceeds to rub it in the face of the other teams.

I realize i'm probably off my rocker but a week ago we thought we lived in a world where the NBA and NHL would just go on as normal. If it's gonna get weird, let's just get weird.

Reactions: Jack Straw

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Just a quick heads up that ABC is re-airing the 3 part " 30 for 30 " series looking back at the Celtics vs Lakers rivalry. Parts 1 and 2 air this Saturday afternoon and Part 3 will air this Sunday afternoon.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I love how some of the media is trying to say LeBron is the MVP when Anthony Davis is the one leading the Lakers in PPG, RPG, SPG, BPG, Win Shares/48 min, BPM and PER. Also better than LeBron in FG% FT% TS%. Currently does help having another top 5 player in the game on your team eh?

Should be Giannis in a landslide. Hell, I'd put Doncic ahead of LeBron too.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I love how some of the media is trying to say LeBron is the MVP when Anthony Davis is the one leading the Lakers in PPG, RPG, SPG, BPG, Win Shares/48 min, BPM and PER. Also better than LeBron in FG% FT% TS%. Currently does help having another top 5 player in the game on your team eh?

Yeah no way is LeBron MVP but it don't matter cause the season over

Reactions: Cassano

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016

Yeah no way is LeBron MVP but it don't matter cause the season over

Reactions: clydesdale line
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->