2019-20 Minor League Thread - Rampage/Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

converseman54

Apr 13, 2017
STL
Kyrou with 2 pp goals through 2 (with an even strength assist). Unless the Blues break up their #1 pp unit I doubt he'd get much time on the man advantage. Either way he really seems close to being called back up

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Kyrou still needs to be working on skating in straight lines, and attacking the puck carrier. He's been more than ready to come up here and contribute offensively, but he could seriously be elite if he just taps in to his inner Datsyuk. He has shown in juniors that he can be a takeway machine when he wants.

Maybe he'd get that better instruction up here where he's not required to be THE GUY offensively?

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Kyrou still needs to be working on skating in straight lines, and attacking the puck carrier. He's been more than ready to come up here and contribute offensively, but he could seriously be elite if he just taps in to his inner Datsyuk. He has shown in juniors that he can be a takeway machine when he wants.

Maybe he'd get that better instruction up here where he's not required to be THE GUY offensively?

I've been drooling over his PK potential for awhile now and would love to see that part explored up here with our coaching staff.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
A call-up is inevitable at this point. Let him play through at least the end of the year, but at some point after the holidays, it would be beneficial to be around NHL coaches and practices, even if he isn't playing every night.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Those bastards.
He still got the primary assist. I haven't seen a replay of the goal yet, but this usually suggest a deflection that was not originally noticed when the scoring was first logged.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Rob O’Gara got traded to Springfield (Florida’s AHL squad) for future considerations. I know he’s trying to come back from a big back injury last year, and he’ll probably get better ice time there than in San Antonio where we’re pretty deep.

Pouliot leads all AHL defensemen in points this season, and Walman already has more points than he did last year and is in the top ten for dmen. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Wally get a call-up over Mikkola or Borgman at this point.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
So points matter most?

We saw how easily Pouliot was killed at NHL level. Rather have real defensive dmen out there.

Last edited:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Rob O’Gara got traded to Springfield (Florida’s AHL squad) for future considerations. I know he’s trying to come back from a big back injury last year, and he’ll probably get better ice time there than in San Antonio where we’re pretty deep.

Pouliot leads all AHL defensemen in points this season, and Walman already has more points than he did last year and is in the top ten for dmen. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Wally get a call-up over Mikkola or Borgman at this point.
Walkman is such a great skater. If he has finally grasped defensive game could be huge asset.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
So points matter most?

We saw how easily Pouliot was killed at NHL level. Rather have real defensive dmen out there.

No, points don’t matter most but it’s part of the equation. It all depends on what the Blues need at the time and which guy they think can help them better.

I’d say all of Walman, Mikkola or Borgman are deserving of call-ups and would do fine in limited duty. Right now though, none of them are needed as thankfully, the Blues D hasn’t suffered the injuries their offense has.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Two games in, and it doesn’t look like the move to Brampton has helped Fitzpatrick much. Sitting with a GAA of above 4 and a save percentage of .838.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Two games in, and it doesn’t look like the move to Brampton has helped Fitzpatrick much. Sitting with a GAA of above 4 and a save percentage of .838.
Thanks for the report.

I’m not too concerned — goalies go through this all the time. Husso looked terrible for a year and is now back to form, Binnington had a stint of terrible play in the minors, etc. This year might be a wash for Fitzpatrick. If this continues into next year, then we have cause for concern.

CoMoBlues

Aug 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
San Antonio Rampage vs. Toronto Marlies just started on NHL Network today. The first Rampage game I’ll see this year, so thought I’d let folks know. The two teams played yesterday, with the Marlies winning.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
No, points don’t matter most but it’s part of the equation. It all depends on what the Blues need at the time and which guy they think can help them better.

I’d say all of Walman, Mikkola or Borgman are deserving of call-ups and would do fine in limited duty. Right now though, none of them are needed as thankfully, the Blues D hasn’t suffered the injuries their offense has.
I've never been impressed with Pouliot so I don't understand in first place why he got call-up. Only that he's kind of vet vs. Mikkola/Walman/Borgman. Yeah points produce at AHL, but overal game he's so much behind of Mikkola. No matter if would mean Mikko would also sit few games, but eventually Pouliot (Mikkola) played games at NHL level.

Games at NHL level will improve youngsters no matter if they sit pressbox couple games. Its will give so much confidence and value what areas they need to improve to have successa at NHL level.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I've never been impressed with Pouliot so I don't understand in first place why he got call-up. Only that he's kind of vet vs. Mikkola/Walman/Borgman. Yeah points produce at AHL, but overal game he's so much behind of Mikkola. No matter if would mean Mikko would also sit few games, but eventually Pouliot (Mikkola) played games at NHL level.

Games at NHL level will improve youngsters no matter if they sit pressbox couple games. Its will give so much confidence and value what areas they need to improve to have successa at NHL level.
It's probably one of those things where he is a dynamite player in the A but just can't figure it out in the nhl. I thought he was just ok the first game and then jesus christ he was awful his second game. I would've rather seen someone like Mikkola play or Walman now, but I think the odds of those guys coming up as opposed to a vet or a trade happening are low.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
It's probably one of those things where he is a dynamite player in the A but just can't figure it out in the nhl. I thought he was just ok the first game and then jesus christ he was awful his second game. I would've rather seen someone like Mikkola play or Walman now, but I think the odds of those guys coming up as opposed to a vet or a trade happening are low.
Its shame, 'Cus seeing them playing up is crucial för their develope curve and för the future are they long way from being ready for NHL.

Our coaching staff has improve their knowledge from old perspective to nowadays, but still it looks they value safe vet who doesnt have future over prospect player who could/should be our future NHL roster player.

Its not like they dont know how good he's, they have imprace his effert, but backing in up by calling other dmen. IFK

I bet Mikkola's is much safer in both end than streaky Pouliot.

Last edited:

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018

The games I've seen Walman has played very well at both ends. All the sudden LHD for next year looks strong if Bouwmeester hangs them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad