Speculation: 2020-21 Management/Coach/Owner Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

Looks fantastic. NHL won't have any excuse not to let Anaheim host league events.

Samueli's plan to pay for entire project without public assistance.

Won't be done until 2028.

The Angels are also planning a similar project that should be done by 2050. :laugh:

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
My only problem with this is that the Honda center is one of the older arenas in the league. They are spending a lot of money to spruce up the area surrounding an arena that is probably gonna need to be replaced in the next 20 years.

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
My only problem with this is that the Honda center is one of the older arenas in the league. They are spending a lot of money to spruce up the area surrounding an arena that is probably gonna need to be replaced in the next 20 years.
They are already adding new seats which should be done by next season i believe. I'm sure the suites will be renovated as well. My only complaint is the concourses are too small. Would be nice if they could somehow widen the concourse in the terrace level. Once they build the food hall, most of us will stop complaining about the prices of the concession food and the lack of variety. There will be no need to eat inside the venue.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

Looks fantastic. NHL won't have any excuse not to let Anaheim host league events.

Samueli's plan to pay for entire project without public assistance.

Won't be done until 2028.

The Angels are also planning a similar project that should be done by 2050. :laugh:

i think the NHL's refusal to let anaheim host a draft/ASG has more to do with them allowing LA to host both. they figure if LA hosts it's good enough for OC too

i like this plan though. currently, there really isn't much to do within walking distance of HC. you have some restaurants (lazy dog, chili's, old crow, JTS, etc) and some bars/breweries (noble, danny k's) but that's about it. that's the complaint i've always heard from visitors

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
i think the NHL's refusal to let anaheim host a draft/ASG has more to do with them allowing LA to host both. they figure if LA hosts it's good enough for OC too

i like this plan though. currently, there really isn't much to do within walking distance of HC. you have some restaurants (lazy dog, chili's, old crow, JTS, etc) and some bars/breweries (noble, danny k's) but that's about it. that's the complaint i've always heard from visitors

Looks great. I mean that should get them an ASG, heck if Florida Panthers were getting one and they are in the middle of a giant swamp. My last trip I tried to explore more and found some nice spots, had to drive, but was still enjoyable. This now seems like you can park and just walk around and have everything around you. Really excited for this even if I only get there twice a year.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
They are already adding new seats which should be done by next season i believe. I'm sure the suites will be renovated as well. My only complaint is the concourses are too small. Would be nice if they could somehow widen the concourse in the terrace level. Once they build the food hall, most of us will stop complaining about the prices of the concession food and the lack of variety. There will be no need to eat inside the venue.

It isn't just that. I hear all the time that the locker rooms and player amenities are some of the worst in the league.

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
It isn't just that. I hear all the time that the locker rooms and player amenities are some of the worst in the league.
I’ve toured their locker rooms, they are indeed outdated. The ones at GPI are nice and I’m sure they will replicate that in the near future. They will pump in more money for renovations. What was nice back in 93 is no longer nice in 2020.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California

I’ve toured their locker rooms, they are indeed outdated. The ones at GPI are nice and I’m sure they will replicate that in the near future. They will pump in more money for renovations. What was nice back in 93 is no longer nice in 2020.
They have been in the process of renovating the locker rooms for over a year now. They took out all of the offices that were in the bowels of the stadium and are turning it into a much larger/nicer locker room. I would have guessed they would be completed by the start of next season, but who knows now.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I didn't see anything on the possibility of buying out backes this off-season. That would save five million off the bat.

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
They'd only buy out Backes if there was a compliance buy-out was made available. Otherwise, Anaheim is already going to be bad this upcoming season, no reason to extend the caphit to further seasons.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
They'd only buy out Backes if there was a compliance buy-out was made available. Otherwise, Anaheim is already going to be bad this upcoming season, no reason to extend the caphit to further seasons.
Reason enough if they can attract a quality player through FA or trade. Many teams will be looking to offload contracts to meet cap requirements.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Would also be interested to see if they would still take on salary with a sweetener.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I didn't see anything on the possibility of buying out backes this off-season. That would save five million off the bat.
This is actually incorrect. I forgot that Boston retained in the trade, so a backes buyout would cost $750K against the cap for two years, not a million.

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
They have been in the process of renovating the locker rooms for over a year now. They took out all of the offices that were in the bowels of the stadium and are turning it into a much larger/nicer locker room. I would have guessed they would be completed by the start of next season, but who knows now.

where did you hear this?

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
It’s been a while but anyone else find it odd that Murray said they had too many kids when he bought out Perry to make room for said kids?

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
It’s been a while but anyone else find it odd that Murray said they had too many kids when he bought out Perry to make room for said kids?
I think he expected Kase and Ritchie to be more consistent which is where I think most of his ire came from. You expect rookies to be inconsistent, they needed more from the "Vets"

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I think he expected Kase and Ritchie to be more consistent which is where I think most of his ire came from. You expect rookies to be inconsistent, they needed more from the "Vets"

Ritchie was a LW so it shouldn’t have factored much into the Perry decision; maybe a bit I guess.

we already had a spot for Kase when Perry was here...

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Ritchie was a LW so it shouldn’t have factored much into the Perry decision; maybe a bit I guess.

we already had a spot for Kase when Perry was here...
True but I think Kase was expected to play like a vet but instead played more like 1 of the kids. I think they expected to rely on Kase for more consistency which would allow Terry the space to grow. Instead they didn't really get it from either player.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
True but I think Kase was expected to play like a vet but instead played more like 1 of the kids. I think they expected to rely on Kase for more consistency which would allow Terry the space to grow. Instead they didn't really get it from either player.

Kase had some pretty bad health issues which I think were taken into account when they dealt him. He is a pretty productive player when healthy, but staying healthy has and will always be a concern for him.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
So if you're craving Ducks' content, here's a link for a fairly vanilla interview of the organization's CEO, Michael Schulman.

Nothing he said was groundbreaking but one part I found interesting was a nugget of info on Carlyle at minute 29. Supposedly, Randy is still "involved" within the organization. His contract was originally structured to transition him from coaching to advising but Stephens was under the impression that might not have transpired after his firing. Curious to see him back in the fold in some capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad