Mar 5, 2015
Top five, goals per 60/even strength forwards while player is on the ice:
Grundstrom 3.7
Kopitar 3.0
Brown 3.0
Iafallo 2.8
Clifford 2.7
Amadio 2.7

As posted by Regulate - Thanks for posting.

Wagner has 0 goals in 19 games and is below average at every facet of the NHL game, except speed...and his speed is strictly North-South. He never makes elusive cuts to evade a defender...he just skates hard by many...which is fine, but he's really not a great skater. Not to take away his gift of speed...but it has limits...and when you have 0 goals in 19 games, it's not helping so much. Just send him back to Ontario and get Grundstrom back in, who is an NHL player....Grundstrom had 17 goals in SHL at 18 years old. Not even half this roster could score 17 goals in the SHL now. He then came to North America and helped the Marlies win a Calder Cup...and started out well last yr with the Marlies again. The Kings get him in January and he does well in Ontario...comes up to the Kings and has 2 goals in his first 2 games...playing with Kempe. They had chemistry and were playing well...then WD40 puts Toffoli on their line and they all DIE. Toffoli knew he was blowing dead apes all over the ice and had only 10 goals and started shooting the puck any time he touched it - which were moslty low chances and Tyler has become adept at hitting the goalie's logo on his jersey, dead center...he was not playing as a unit and can't recall any passes he made to Kempe or Grundstrom....TT sucks and while he is about 20% better than last year, still sucks. He should be traded STP. (sooner than possible.. ASAP not good enough)

So, Grundstrom did not look great in camp, but was not horribad, so goes to Ontario...then gets a callup and didn't do bad, probably better than TT and a few others, but the microscope is on him and he gets sent down again...then leads the Reign offense with like 6 goals in 5 games, if not mistaken...gets recalled and was okay..think he had 3 assists in 3 games...was moved around some lines. Why not put him on Kopi's left and see what he can do, when playing with talent? Surely, he would score more than Iafailure's 1 goal in 10 games. Yes, there is something about earning your icetime and what line you play on, but there's also something about putting your players where they will succeed....several player on this team are not succeeding, so the former applies and Iafallo has not earned #1 PP time or 1st LW permanently cemented on fixture...I think Kopi basically demands Alex is on his line, as Alex works hard and makes it so Kopi does not have to work as hard as he used to. Grundstrom's numbers and abilities...along with other King abysmalality (it should be a word if not) dictate he should be on line 1 or 2 LW. and actually be given more than 2.5 games to succeed....Iafailure's been given over 200 games to succeed. And hasn't.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I bet Ilya is thankful for staying home.

giphy.gif

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
.Iafailure's been given over 200 games to succeed. And hasn't.

Kopitar had his best season ever with Iafallo on his wing... I wouldn't mind shaking the lines up, but to call him Iafailure is uncalled for. Especially when he has been all effort his entire career here, calling him names is just kind of a dick move. I get when people rip on the vets who seem to not be putting in effort, but not the guys working their asses off.

Last edited:

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Kopitar had his best season ever with Iafallo on his wing... I wouldn't mind shaking the lines up, but to call him Iafailure is uncalled for. Especially when he has been all effort his entire career here, calling him names is just kind of a dick move. I get when people rip on the vets who seem to not be putting in effort, but not the guys working their asses off.
Let’s cut the dumb shit.. Anyone could have been on Kopitars wings that year. Let’s take even further and realize that if Alex Iafallo and Dustin Brown had anything that resembled touch or scoring abilities Kopitar likely puts up 100+ and wins the Hart!
Now with my rant over, I agree that it’s not his fault he’s miscast in the top 6.. He’s pretty much Lewis 2.0 with less speed but better hands..

Reactions: ru4reals

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Canucks blogger is dreaming of Toffoli.

https://thehockeywriters.com/vancouver-canucks-toffoli-trade-destination/

He says the returns right now could be Goldobin or Baertschi. No thanks. But he also thinks the price goes up to a 1st rounder by the TDL.

I think it’s more likely something like Goldobin and a 4th at any point here.

Yeah Baertschi is a nothing NHLer, Goldobin isn't far behind. Both are tweener guys who have no spot on a competing team--not talented enough for top-six, not tenacious enough for bottom six. We've got enough of that type of player in our system, we don't need guys to simply 'exist' on the roster. If we take them, it's because they're coming with a 1st or a high 2nd.

But I agree there's more value at the TDL, right now it would be like Pearson for Hagelin, as I think you and I were talking about in the other thread.

Also, side effect of the TDL, people are more certain about where their picks will be, which makes values easier to ascertain imo.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Let’s cut the dumb ****.. Anyone could have been on Kopitars wings that year. Let’s take even further and realize that if Alex Iafallo and Dustin Brown had anything that resembled touch or scoring abilities Kopitar likely puts up 100+ and wins the Hart!
Now with my rant over, I agree that it’s not his fault he’s miscast in the top 6.. He’s pretty much Lewis 2.0 with less speed but better hands..

How can you call that comment dumb shit? How can you know that anyone could have played on his wing that year? Do you not think that chemistry plays a role in a line having success? You go ahead and take it further in your head, what I stated was true, with Iafallo on Kopi's wing he had the best season of his career. Doesn't matter what you imagine could have happened.

Reactions: bland

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Let’s cut the dumb ****.. Anyone could have been on Kopitars wings that year. Let’s take even further and realize that if Alex Iafallo and Dustin Brown had anything that resembled touch or scoring abilities Kopitar likely puts up 100+ and wins the Hart!
Let's also face the reality that when Kopitar had a pretty good winger in Gaborik (who put up very good numbers in the 2014-15 season), Kopitar deferred far too much. Kopitar's offensive numbers during that season were not very good. Kopitar is generally much better when he is forced to drive the play on his line.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Let's also face the reality that when Kopitar had a pretty good winger in Gaborik (who put up very good numbers in the 2014-15 season), Kopitar deferred far too much. Kopitar's offensive numbers during that season were not very good. Kopitar is generally much better when he is forced to drive the play on his line.
That’s why I call him a one man line...
what Kopitar requires is a physical player that can set up screens and bang while the other winger is required to just shoot on net really..

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
How can you call that comment dumb ****? How can you know that anyone could have played on his wing that year? Do you not think that chemistry plays a role in a line having success? You go ahead and take it further in your head, what I stated was true, with Iafallo on Kopi's wing he had the best season of his career. Doesn't matter what you imagine could have happened.
It an ignorant comment to make and here’s why..
You’re suggesting that Iafallo had a big part in Kopitar having a big year like he does every other season per usual.. the fact is, Iafallo more so than Brown had cost Kopitar more points the past few seasons. Why bring this up you might ask, well according to you Kopitar career year only happened with the help of Iafallo being in that line when the truth is Iafallo has as many points as he does because of Kopitar. Case in point, Dustin Brown has had a career resurgence playing with Kopitar, who I might add is the definition of a one man line!
Iafallo is holding that line back if anything with his inability to finish wide open chances. As I said previously, he absolutely is miscast in any top 6 spot but Brown is no longer aggressive nor as physical.
My gripe is your comment tries to somehow validate Iafallo as some efficient players when in fact he is not. For all the hustle in the world that he’s shown he simply lacks the talent to warrant his spot on the wing. It’s the Crosby/Roussin scenario all over again..

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think that's something we've realized over time.

It used to be 'what if kopitar had an elite winger', then he deferred constantly. I think @KINGS17 's gaborik example is a good one, it's a small-ish sample size but a good representation of Kopitar with good players, hell he didn't even have linemates in the olympics, lol. Though it makes you wonder what the 2014 playoffs were all about, given he had the Malkin Conn Smythe pace for a while

Now it's "can we just get Kopitar some elite grinders," he's gonna make an elite 2C/3C at the end of his career driving a line solo.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
It an ignorant comment to make and here’s why..

Ignorant seems to be a fairly extreme statement when I am just stating a fact. We can argue the context of that fact, but stating a fact is not ignorant in my opinion. Kopitar had the best season of his career with Iafallo on his wing.

You’re suggesting that Iafallo had a big part in Kopitar having a big year like he does every other season per usual.. the fact is, Iafallo more so than Brown had cost Kopitar more points the past few seasons. Why bring this up you might ask, well according to you Kopitar career year only happened with the help of Iafallo being in that line when the truth is Iafallo has as many points as he does because of Kopitar. Case in point, Dustin Brown has had a career resurgence playing with Kopitar, who I might add is the definition of a one man line!

You say "per usual, but Kopitar beat his previous scoring high by 11 points. We can wonder whether the coaching change played a role or the league wide increase in scoring, but the truth is Kopitar had the best season of his career and it wasn't particularly close. Iafallo was definitely a part of that line having success, his ability to gain possession, win puck battles and his cycle skills are all very valuable. Kopitar may be a "one man line", but he needs pieces that work well with him. Iafallo 100% has as many points as he does because of Kopitar, I don't think anyone is arguing that point.

Iafallo is holding that line back if anything with his inability to finish wide open chances. As I said previously, he absolutely is miscast in any top 6 spot but Brown is no longer aggressive nor as physical.

It is definitely possible that a more offensively gifted player could increase Kopitar's scoring, but it also could have the opposite effect. Look back at the Carter/Nash line in Columbus, both players were elite at the time, but didn't mesh. You need different skillsets to make a line work.

My gripe is your comment tries to somehow validate Iafallo as some efficient players when in fact he is not. For all the hustle in the world that he’s shown he simply lacks the talent to warrant his spot on the wing. It’s the Crosby/Roussin scenario all over again..

Iafallo did participate in Kopitar having his best season, my gripe with you is that you completely disregard any affect that he may have had on Kopitar having an amazing season(and that you called my comment ignorant).

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't understand the mentality that is crapping on good-effort players who put up decent point totals. We saw it with Pearson, we're seeing it with Iafallo, who has shown steady production improvement consistently year over year. Even comparing him to Lewis is a fallacy because Iafallo's worst/rookie season was as good as Lewis' best. Now he's on pace for 15 goals 40 points. He's not a 'true 1st line LW' and I don't think anyone is arguing that, only that he's got good chemistry with Kopitar and Brown and doesn't look totally lost like King or Lewis did up there. Now in a perfect world when we're competitive he's playing way down the lineup but any team with a player like Iafallo playing 3-4LW is happy with him. Let's not Derek Armstrong him out of town because of the team situation.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I like Iafallo a lot more than Pearson, who played like a worthless creampuff, to the point that even Pittsburgh gave up on him. At least Iafallo is fearless in going to the corners and getting the puck to the right players. He’s not a top flight LW and will never be one, but he’s a lot better suited than some of the other options they’ve tried there and isn’t a complete black hole on offense. His effort is 10x that of Toffoli.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
So, Forbort is back on the IR after a set back in practice. Such an odd injury that seemingly came out of nowhere.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Neither Goldobin nor Baertschi are a good return. But not having to watch toffoli loaf around in a kings uniform ever again is a good return in of itself

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Whichever poor team gives up a 2nd for TT is going to be very disappointed.
The thing is whilst we mostly agree, Blake will get slaughtered on here if he only gets a 3rd. Which right now is probably value.

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
The Avs and Kings are the only 2 teams to have not had a SO yet. Both also have identical 3-2 OT records. The Avs have 15 regulation wins. The Kings have 16 regulation losses.
Dude, we aren't making the playoffs and we were never going to make the playoffs...accept it now and you will find peace. Our D is horrendous...and our forwards don't score. The end.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Dude, we aren't making the playoffs and we were never going to make the playoffs...accept it now and you will find peace. Our D is horrendous...and our forwards don't score. The end.

That looks like my post, word for word, from a few days ago. Can I sue you for plagiarism?

Last edited:
Reactions: KingsFan7824
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad