2019-20 Kings News/Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Honestly, one of the best things Blake did, in my opinion, was getting the main pieces out of the way before the deadline. He makes it so that the market is stronger for spare parts and also has the time to put his full attention into moving spare parts rather than panicking to move big pieces at the last second. He set a fair price early on and he sold once that price was met and went unbeaten. He's giving our scouting and development team the best possible chance at turning this around. Honestly, we can now just sign some stop-gap players, watch, and let it grow.

Perhaps, but if lesser players start getting significantly better returns on deadline day, it might change the mood around here.

I think Blake has done well recouping assetts for some of our senior citizens, but im surprised that he didnt wait a little longer with Martinez.

Reactions: jfont

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Well here's the why...he isn't a great skater though he does pass well enough. I'm wondering about his strength too...don't get me wrong I'm glad the kid has proved his doubters wrong(thought after nearly 2 years away he was cooked) including me. He isn't an upgrade over Carter though he's cheaper and a lot younger

What are you wondering about his strength?

I don't think lacking elite foot speed is enough to force him to the wing, especially when his elite attributes all lend to him being a center.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Anyone interested in claiming Timashov? He might be worth a look to finish up this season as a potential reclamation project

I don't know much about the player, but I think the Kings are valuing spots on the 50 man roster, trying to make room, not add guys that are just okay. 9 pts in 39 games NHL games. Decent AHL numbers previously on really good Marlies teams, but not great.

Reactions: BringTheReign

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
I don't know much about the player, but I think the Kings are valuing spots on the 50 man roster, trying to make room, not add guys that are just okay. 9 pts in 39 games NHL games. Decent AHL numbers previously on really good Marlies teams, but not great.

Cap friendly has us at 46 spcs, so I could see us grabbing a guy off waivers it if the intention was to trade Lewis without getting a player back. But I do think you're right in that Blake's going to want to make sure he has 2-3 spcs open after the deadline given how much he likes signing college guys.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017

Yeah, I was just thinking we should grab some possible reclamation projects as we wind down the season. Just use these last few games as an audition of sorts, but I see where you are coming from with regards to the 50 man roster.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Cap friendly has us at 46 spcs, so I could see us grabbing a guy off waivers it if the intention was to trade Lewis without getting a player back. But I do think you're right in that Blake's going to want to make sure he has 2-3 spcs open after the deadline given how much he likes signing college guys.

My 50 roster spot comment was more about next year than this, but it's the same principal. He's cleaning house of the dead wood, and if we claimed this player, he would take up a roster spot next year.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
My 50 roster spot comment was more about next year than this, but it's the same principal. He's cleaning house of the dead wood, and if we claimed this player, he would take up a roster spot next year.

Sure, although Timashov is an RFA at the end of the year, so they could just not qualify him and there's no harm done. But again, I'm only entertaining the thought of grabbing a guy off waivers if Blake's not done shedding vets ahead of the deadline and doesn't want to call up another kid. Maybe its a free asset, maybe its a waste of paper.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I wonder what Walker could get in a trade. With all these dmen getting hurt, hes cheap as chips, decent top 4 cover for a contender.

What would it cost?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Anyone interested in claiming Timashov? He might be worth a look to finish up this season as a potential reclamation project

I really hope we claim him. I always wanted him in any deal with the leafs I think he can be a top 9 player I also think we have nothing to lose claiming him. It would also allow us to keep players in the ahl for a playoff run. If he hit we get a free asset for the future if not we dont offer him a contract for next year. He would be a lotto ticket imo Why wouldn't we want to scratch it

Reactions: crassbonanza

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Screenshot_20200223-185458_Twitter.jpg

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
What are you wondering about his strength?

I don't think lacking elite foot speed is enough to force him to the wing, especially when his elite attributes all lend to him being a center.
Elite attributes? OK you got me thinking and I'm not really seeing it but I will have my eyes peeled tonight against Edmonton for those attributes...still think he's a RWinger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad