Injury Report: 2019-20 IR/recall thread (Latest - NHL season on LTIR)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
We just did today with another checker. I mean Dalpe would have seemed to make sense, but we know Torts.

I'm not sure what's up there. I'd like to give Dalpe a look, but plenty of people say he's bad so maybe they've seen something??

Interestingly, the only time Dalpe got an extended sniff in the NHL was in Vancouver five years back. The coach that one year? John Tortorella. Of course Dalpe was on a 4th line that didn't get much use, as Torts played the Sedins into dust. I'm not making any claims about how Torts views Dalpe now, I have no idea.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Murray (IMO) would be a perfect guy to flip at the deadline if he is healthy. Teams may give full value for him if they are looking at that point.

He's great when he plays, but as often noted here he gets hurt too often. I wouldn't want to trade him at a discount, but at the deadline you may be able to maximize his value (now again it would be for futures, you wouldn't get back a top line C present for him).
As others mentioned when he makes it to UFA it will be a bad situation. Someone will pay him on potential (to be healthy).

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclones Rock

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Murray (IMO) would be a perfect guy to flip at the deadline if he is healthy. Teams may give full value for him if they are looking at that point.

He's great when he plays, but as often noted here he gets hurt too often. I would want to trade him at a discount, but at the deadline you may be able to maximize his value (now again it would be for futures, you wouldn't get back a top line C present for him).
As others mentioned when he makes it to UFA it will be a bad situation. Someone will pay him on potential (to be healthy).

All correct, but a year too early. All of this can wait until the trade deadline in 2021.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
All correct, but a year too early. All of this can wait until the trade deadline in 2021.

With Murray's predisposition for injury, an earlier trade (assuming he's healthy) would be the most prudent course. With Murray it's virtually a coin flip on whether he's healthy enough to play at any given time. The CBJ aren't going anywhere this year, so it makes sense from this perspective as well.

Los Angeles traded Muzzin to Toronto with over a full year left on his contract prior to last season's TDL. They receive a first and the rights to two second round picks of Toronto.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
With Murray's predisposition for injury, an earlier trade (assuming he's healthy) would be the most prudent course. With Murray it's virtually a coin flip on whether he's healthy enough to play at any given time. The CBJ aren't going anywhere this year, so it makes sense from this perspective as well.

Los Angeles traded Muzzin to Toronto with over a full year left on his contract prior to last season's TDL. They receive a first and the rights to two second round picks of Toronto.

Fair point. I could see an earlier trade being a safer course for maximizing the return. But I'd also weigh a year less of Murray as a big cost. I know some people wouldn't care one way or the other, but a year of Murray is worth a lot to my mind.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Fair point. I could see an earlier trade being a safer course for maximizing the return. But I'd also weigh a year less of Murray as a big cost. I know some people wouldn't care one way or the other, but a year of Murray is worth a lot to my mind.

Imo with or without Murray this is a lottery (i.e. non-playoff team). Plus there is the expansion draft to consider in 2 years so when we trade Murray is moot. This year's draft is supposedly deep so if we can land a 1st for him I'd take it in a heartbeat.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Trading a healthy Murray at the deadline is perfect. The team that acquires him for a playoff run would b thinking short term & short term Murray is a damn good defenseman, probably the best available at the deadline. I could see us getting a first round pick plus for him at the deadline.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Imo with or without Murray this is a lottery (i.e. non-playoff team). Plus there is the expansion draft to consider in 2 years so when we trade Murray is moot. This year's draft is supposedly deep so if we can land a 1st for him I'd take it in a heartbeat.

You could be right about this year and wrong about next year. We don't know what the team will be like next year.

I'm not of the opinion that any kind of retool is necessary. The best players are kids, just let them mature and see what happens.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
While Hannikainen was clearly a bench move, Sherwood isn’t getting called up to ride the pine. He was brought up to try to make a difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->