Injury Report: 2019-20 IR/recall thread (Latest - NHL season on LTIR)

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Was looking forward to seeing Markus tonight. Hopefully Josh is not too bad, he is a player the Jackets need in their lineup.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I can't tell if its due to a shoulder or concussion. Hopefully whichever it is he's alright soon.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I can't tell if its due to a shoulder or concussion. Hopefully whichever it is he's alright soon.

Yeah the report is that he suffered the injury in the Pittsburgh game. I had thought before reading that that it might have been related to his earlier shoulder issue. I may very well have been incorrect in trying to link the two.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I cant remember for sure but didnt he block a shot in that game off the hand or that general area?

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Not extremely worried about this. The fact that they didn’t put him on IR until now is probably a good sign. He’s eligible to come back tomorrow; they probably didn’t put him on IR until now with the original hope he’d be back tonight. He’s unable to go, so now they can call up Hanni by putting Josh on IR. If they knew he’d be out long-term, they’d have put him on IR right away.

Reactions: thebus88

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think it was from when he was stood up / blindsided in the neutral zone upon receiving a pass. I can't remember which Penguin did it. But Josh was pissed, and they showed him grimacing on the bench afterward while the trainer worked his back.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Hanni has been sent down. does it mean Andy is ready to play soon ?

Dano was benched for Hanni today but I doubt he is called up.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Dubinsky, one of the franchise’s most important players since his trade from the New York Rangers in 2012, has barely been seen in Nationwide Arena since the season started more than three weeks ago.
He’s not skating, even on his own. He’s not attending games in Nationwide. He wasn’t at majority owner John P. McConnell’s annual team party. It’s as if he’s disappeared.

“Obviously, I want to be there, it’s just … I don’t know how to put it,” Dubinsky told The Athletic. “When you’re injured, you kind of feel like you’re in the way. The players and coaches are trying to prepare for games.
“For me, with this thing (the wrist injury), I don’t know what the timeline is. I just don’t want to feel like I’m getting in the way over there, interrupting guys’ routines … just to be there.”

There’s no indication he’ll be back anytime soon, either.

Dubinsky said his surgically repaired right wrist is not improving despite five days a week of rehab and treatments. He’s made frequent trips to the doctor, with another appointment set up for this coming week.
At this point, he’s not day-to-day or week-to-week. He’s probably month-to-month.

And though he hasn’t watched a game in Nationwide Arena yet this season, he’s watching them all on Fox Sports Ohio.
“It’s sad that you’re not out there competing with your teammates, but I can’t take my eyes off it,” Dubinsky said.

“These guys have a chip on their shoulders. Everybody’s counted them out — counted us out — since we lost some key guys. But we still have a good group of players and guys who can produce. It’s a fun team to watch. This is a group that believes in itself, and sometimes I think that’s the most important thing.”

Dubinsky said he still believes he’ll return to play another NHL game, but there’s no target date and only so much optimism one can muster. The NHL is a young man’s game, more now than ever. At 33 years old, Dubinsky is an elder statesman.

But he hasn’t considered retirement. In fact, he can’t even say the word.

“I’m not ready to think about that yet,” Dubinsky said. “I still have two years left on this contract. I still have the drive and the compete to play. I just have to figure out how.

“I won’t give up. I’ll turn over every stone before I even think about that.”

'I won't give up': Brandon Dubinsky seems far away from Blue...

There’s lots of quotes in here I left out. This wrist has been a significant issue for him for years and has heavily contributed to his downfall.

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Murray...has the time passed to possibly trade him for any type of asset? I like him but...

Hope both heal quickly.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I was fearing worse with Tex.

And if it's just a hand for Murray, it's not going to be like one of the back/knee injuries that never heals for him. This is just more rest for his chronic issues, actually, and more games for our underrated gem Kukan. :D

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I assume BeerMan will be the extra and Lilja will slot onto 4th line with Bemstrom.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Murray...has the time passed to possibly trade him for any type of asset? I like him but...

Hope both heal quickly.

He is not physically able to play in the NHL for any significant stretches. Someone may be dumb enough to sign him long term. Time to move on from him.

Prior to this latest injury, he'd missed 222 out of a possible 540 games since he was drafted. 41.1%.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->