Injury Report: 2019-20 IR/recall thread (Latest - NHL season on LTIR)

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
We’re at a point when a D for F trade has got to happen. I don’t even know if we have 10 NHL level forwards right now

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Saw that Murray is week-to-week in last night's broadcast - can that guy every catch a break? (pun intended)

I don't know what the CBJ should do with him - he's really good and very effective when he's healthy, but it's just so rare anymore.
He's gonna have a medical condition named after him soon if he keeps this up.....

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Has gotten crazy! already down Murray, Nuti, Bemstrom, Sonny, and Andy....and now adding Peeke to the list. And the backstory for each reflects their personal dilemmas for each:

**Sonny was getting imprortant ice time and showing offensive skills
**Murray again is left to labels of injury prone
**Peeke's play was telling Torts and the FO "I'm ready"
** Bemstrom was building momentum and learning with important TOI
** Nuti, well just bad luck for a guy trying to reestablish himself
And
**Andy, who is having a terrible year and now can't rectify it because he's hurt....all during a contract year. He's a guy counted on so much. Now if you're the Jackets what to you do at signing time? And what are Andy's (and agent's) expectations?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
**Andy, who is having a terrible year and now can't rectify it because he's hurt....all during a contract year. He's a guy counted on so much. Now if you're the Jackets what to you do at signing time? And what are Andy's (and agent's) expectations?

If he doesn't kill it in the second half of the season it will be leverage Jackets;if he explodes for say 30 points or so in the second half leverage shifts to Andy. Given the contentious nature of the first round of negotiations this will be a doozy. He's arbitration eligible so factor that in. If he has to go that route I'd guess he's gone after 1 year. Factor in he'll be 26 at end of the season. No way (hopefully) does Jarmo commit to 7 or 8 years for him given this year so far. If he goes 5 or 6 years that leave Andy kind of in no man's land at 31 or 32 when the deal runs out. Will be interesting.

Reactions: thebus88

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
**Murray again is left to labels of injury prone
**Peeke's play was telling Torts and the FO "I'm ready"

** Nuti, well just bad luck for a guy trying to reestablish himself

Nuti has only been healthy one full season, if I'm not mistaken - last year when he then missed the bulk of the playoffs after Kucherov's hit.

These three together, but Peeke especially, were showing the organization they could make a D for F trade. Maybe they still will, but when Scott Harrington is playing it's not a move you want to make yet. I think we may see a Dman note named Jones, Werenski, Peeke, or Gavrikov moved at the deadline.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Peeke to IR, next man up

7ZuYQPvb

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I think the Monsters are almost a high school team with injuries and losing guys to Columbus.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Why him over Clendening?
Probably to see what he can do. He has improved since he has been in Cleveland. Whether that translates to the NHL who knows. I would give him a try just to see if he is there. You already know what Clendenning brings. He will most likely sit, but they will get a look at him in practice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad