Injury Report: 2019-20 IR/recall thread (Latest - NHL season on LTIR)

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
You guys keep talking about Elvis needing the AHL starts to gain confidence. “Confidence” is the one thing he doesn’t lack. If possible he has too much of it. What he needs is NA experience.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
That's a sweet swap of course but on the other hand Kivlenieks will sit out games he could play in Cleveland which is bad.
I wonder when any of two Cleveland G will get some game in the big league, February, April? Because to be honest this roster isn't PO worthy and there are a lot more talented teams.
Oscar, you talk about V2 and Kivs getting CBJ starts because the team is not a playoff team. I think it’s too early to make that judgement and...you say this like Korpi and Elvis are aged veterans just holding down the fort. That’s far from the case. Korpi and Elvis are both young goalies and either one could be the long term answer for us. Jarmo has the G situation set up just fine IMO.

Reactions: thebus88

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Oscar, you talk about V2 and Kivs getting CBJ starts because the team is not a playoff team. I think it’s too early to make that judgement and...you say this like Korpi and Elvis are aged veterans just holding down the fort. That’s far from the case. Korpi and Elvis are both young goalies and either one could be the long term answer for us. Jarmo has the G situation set up just fine IMO.

He has it set up fine - on paper. Either he or Torts has made the decision to start Korpisalo in 18 of the 23 games so far (19 of 24 after tonight, which is a 65 start pace). Both the FO and Elvis have said that Elvis needs starts wherever -> why didn't he start against the Wolves on the 21st before playing the Jets on the 23rd? The pipeline looks good, but I'm starting to question their usage of Elvis through two months of the season.

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis

Naah, i'm in for entertainment and fun in this. There are a lot of guys who are grinding the AHL and never getting a slight chance for the big leagues especially goalies. Some real competition wouldn't hurt anyone because this team don't have a real #1 G at the moment and who knows if WV and Kivi will ever be decent but you'll never know before you try it.

Reactions: Doggy

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
You guys keep talking about Elvis needing the AHL starts to gain confidence. “Confidence” is the one thing he doesn’t lack. If possible he has too much of it. What he needs is NA experience.
Torts essentially said something similar in the radio pregame tonight. Basically said he's used to being the star and being expected to make big time plays like that. He wants him just to relax and not feel like he has to make the big play all the time to be the hero. Then when he gets comfortable in the NHL he can start letting some personality come out.

It's quite possible that same play he tried in Winnipeg could have been successful in the AHL because if the lesser talent and experience in that league. He's got the talent. He needs NHL experience. It's a growing pain and a teaching moment. The occasional AHL start will help him a bit if he's not getting game time here but he needs NHL time more than anything to adjust.

Reactions: AndrewGaze

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So what are we looking at now ?

Murray - Jones

Gavrikov - Savard

Harrington - Kukan

They've experimented both Gavrikov and Kukan with Jones. They know Murray is good enough to play with him, but he might not be able to handle the minutes. So yeah, more or less I think that's our pairings, but I think both Kukan and Gavrikov can move around if needed.

Kellen

Apr 17, 2019
Will Peeke be called up with ZW out or will Harry draw in?

I wish!!! Kid is a freaking stud. I think he will be a great NHL defensemen. I like giving him time down there to develop- but would love to see him get a cup of coffee up here and see what he can do at the NHL level.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I can’t figure out if going with the young player is tanking or trying to win.

I'd say it depends upon the result

giphy.gif

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Peeke still very rough on the D side of the game. I think he can get there but he need some more coaching and a responsible LD. not sure if he could do well with kukan or harry. if there's no communication issue Gav should be the best partner.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Nuti skated yesterday for half the practice. Maybe they are just rewarding Peeke for his good start in Cleveland with a week in Columbus where he might get a game but he mostly gets to observe.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Nuti skated yesterday for half the practice. Maybe they are just rewarding Peeke for his good start in Cleveland with a week in Columbus where he might get a game but he mostly gets to observe.
Didn’t sound the the day like Nuti was close but I’d be thrilled to be wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->