Injury Report: 2019-20 IR/recall thread (Latest - NHL season on LTIR)

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
That's a sweet swap of course but on the other hand Kivlenieks will sit out games he could play in Cleveland which is bad.
I wonder when any of two Cleveland G will get some game in the big league, February, April? Because to be honest this roster isn't PO worthy and there are a lot more talented teams.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Hope this is the boost Elvis needs, to see the game from the farm team perspective - kick some ass, gain some confidence and earn a call up.

I still have high hopes for him. I hope he can get some confidence, come back, and kick ass to push Korpi. Because if Korpi is playing this well, and Elvis follows, we're set in net.

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Elvis and VV need to play alot in Cleveland. Just rotate them. Win a game and you get another. Lose and the swap occurs. Minutes, minutes, minutes and that's fairly equitable...I think...

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That's a sweet swap of course but on the other hand Kivlenieks will sit out games he could play in Cleveland which is bad.
I wonder when any of two Cleveland G will get some game in the big league, February, April? Because to be honest this roster isn't PO worthy and there are a lot more talented teams.

Most likely this isn't going to drag on for months, Elvis will be back in the NHL and Kiv will get his AHL net back. In any case Kiv is not considered a high level prospect, so I don't think getting him starts is a priority. Elvis on the other hand could find his game as a decent NHL goalie as soon as this year, he's actually been league average statistically in the games since his atrocious first game, he just needs to learn a few things. This transaction is about putting him in the best place to learn.

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Most likely this isn't going to drag on for months, Elvis will be back in the NHL and Kiv will get his AHL net back. In any case Kiv is not considered a high level prospect, so I don't think getting him starts is a priority. Elvis on the other hand could find his game as a decent NHL goalie as soon as this year, he's actually been league average statistically in the games since his atrocious first game, he just needs to learn a few things. This transaction is about putting him in the best place to learn.

The priorities are well known it's just Kivlenieks is my boy, not the boy boy of course but you know what's up. Can't cheer for the boy when he's missing out games and he's playing good this season.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario

Just to draw a parallel, Jordan Binnington wasn't the Blues high end goalie prospect before he got called up (I'm sure I read somewhere he was 5th on the depth chart), but some guys just catch fire and adapt to the NHL quicker than others.
All they need is that chance....

Reactions: Martin Sloan

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Just to draw a parallel, Jordan Binnington wasn't the Blues high end goalie prospect before he got called up (I'm sure I read somewhere he was 5th on the depth chart), but some guys just catch fire and adapt to the NHL quicker than others.
All they need is that chance....
That’s their fault for waiting so long. He had very good AHL numbers for something like 3 years before they gave him a shot.

Kivlenieks has played well for 2 months of his AHL career.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad