Injury Report: 2019-20 IR/recall thread (Latest - NHL season on LTIR)

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
OK so recently, Nuti, Cam and Bjork have returned from injury. (And Peeke? Although he's been assigned.)

So that leaves Anderson, Murray, Texier, Kukan and Korpi? (And Dubi...)

Seems like the only one of those we're waiting for is Korpi. Maybe Kukan? Anderson has been struggling with something and I don't know if there's a timetable for his return. Murray is Murray and we're used to this and if he gets back great but if not, well... And Tex has the back, so who knows?

That lacks detail but is the broad brush picture basically accurate?

Any of those players helps the team. Not trying to diminish their absence from the lineup. Just trying to do a sort of status report.

I think that's right. And given the emergence of Gavrikov, I don't think both Kukan and Murray would be in the lineup if healthy (unless they think Kukan > Nuti, but it's probably a miniscule difference).

Anderson was seen skating last week. I haven't seen any updates since. No timetables on Texier (indefinitely) or Kukan (indefinitely). Murray is still...week-to-week?

So my guess is Korpisalo and maybe Anderson after the break. I don't know about the rest given how vague their timelines are.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I put Anderson in the same category with Korpi, but only assuming he's back to "normal." But I don't think I've seen a timetable for his return either :(
I seem to remember a game before Cam and Bjork came back where they said Anderson isn't close. The way hockey is with injuries, that could mean after the break or late March. I guess when he's back, he's back.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Can Anderson be sent for a few games to Cleveland for conditioning without clearing waivers? I think he can
Pretty sure they can send him there for 14 consecutive days max. Also, I believe Anderson would have to consent. He was sent here 2 years ago at the beginning of the season for one game, then went back. Kukan, I believe, was here last year for the 14 days.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Portzline mentioned on yesterday's "Front & Nationwide" podcast that Ryan Murray is close - probably not long after the break was his estimate. Haven't seen anything about him skating, though I know Anderson was skating last week. I guess those two guys + Korpi should/could be back by mid-February?

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Portzline mentioned on yesterday's "Front & Nationwide" podcast that Ryan Murray is close - probably not long after the break was his estimate. Haven't seen anything about him skating, though I know Anderson was skating last week. I guess those two guys + Korpi should/could be back by mid-February?

Swapping Murray in for Harrington would be pretty nice.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I mean, I think Clendening and Peeke are better than Harrington right now but that's not the direction the front office has gone.

With Peeke still being essentially a prospect and benefitting from PT in Cleveland, Harry over him makes sense.

I see Harry and Clendening a wash, but as you alluded, that's not what their contracts indicate. Plus, Harry is bros with Seth, Boone and other still-young-but-not-that-young players, so maybe he's ideal to have around.

Surely he would sit for Murray and maybe for Kukan.

Last edited:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
gonna be honest.
until seeing Texier's instagram story of Ryan Murray, I totally forgot Murr was on the team. that's how deep our defense is. i literally forgot about ryan murray.

Reactions: Fairwhether

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
With Peeke still being essentially a prospect and benefitting from PT in Cleveland, Harry over him makes sense.

I see Harry and Clendening a wash, but as you alluded, that's not what their contracts indicate. Plus, Harry is bros with Seth, Boone and other still-young-but-not-that-young players, so maybe he's ideal to have around.

Surely he would sit for Murray and maybe for Kukan.
You somehow erroneously added a “maybe” in the last sentence. :D

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
gonna be honest.
until seeing Texier's instagram story of Ryan Murray, I totally forgot Murr was on the team. that's how deep our defense is. i literally forgot about ryan murray.
You remember Murray - the reasonably talented guy who misses a lot of games every year, which is surprising since I’m constantly reminded on here that he’s not injury prone. :naughty:

Reactions: Fairwhether

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Indeed.

I'm actually higher on Harrington than probably most, which isn't saying much and shouldn't be interpreted as a whole-hearted endorsement of the player. Also, I think Torts likes him, too.
I think my take on Harry is similar to yours. I don’t think he’s the bum sometimes portrayed on this board. He is what he is - a 7th DMan who can fill in at the 6th spot and play for a stretch when needed.

On Kukan- I’m probably higher than most on him as I think he’s a solid bottom pairing guy who can supply good offense. In some ways I think he’s at least Nuti’s equal, maybe more.

tchigo

Dec 13, 2019
Could someone indicate where it is possible to find more details about player injuries? I think especially about Texier. I can only see that he is out indefinitely, but it does not bring much information on how well he recovers. I mean, is he out for a month or for a year? In this forum, some people believe that his lumbar stress fracture will keep him away from the ice the whole season, but I don't want to believe that.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Could someone indicate where it is possible to find more details about player injuries? I think especially about Texier. I can only see that he is out indefinitely, but it does not bring much information on how well he recovers. I mean, is he out for a month or for a year? In this forum, some people believe that his lumbar stress fracture will keep him away from the ice the whole season, but I don't want to believe that.

The CBJ are pretty coy when it comes to injuries, so we kind of have to do the work ourselves.

For example I don't think Texier comes back until March at best. Most websites say his injury will take 6-12 weeks to heal, and since he got injured on New Years eve, it'll be the 4th week mark this week. However, Texier is their most important young prospect and need to be careful with him. I think they'll go on the side of caution and won't play him until 100% healthy.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Is it time to call Ryan Murray injury prone? Another year with less than 55 games played.
I would have said no prior to last year because each of his injuries have been different and the result of bad luck.

However, his ongoing back issues have changed that to yes.

Reactions: cslebn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->