Injury Report: 2019-20 IR/recall thread (Latest - NHL season on LTIR)

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Man games lost is a weak excuse for anything. Man games lost doesn't mean games not won...

To be fair,

you lose you starting goalie but recover
You lose your 1D
You lose your 2D (for a bit)
You lose your 3D (but you expected it because Murray)
You lose your depth D call ups that have been killer (Kukan and Peeke)
You miss your 5D for a chunk

But your system overcomes most of that

Then you also lose your two top scorers and one of your top scorers from the previous year is MIA all year (hurt). Top that off with your only other top line talent is now the focus of other teams since Duchene and Panarin left. Oh and let's not forget your top prospect coming up broke his back.

Yeah, lack of top end talent starting the year and then having the remaining skill players get hurt is not an excuse but really do you expect otherwise?

This team has already overcome so much and worked so hard.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
To be fair,

you lose you starting goalie but recover
You lose your 1D
You lose your 2D (for a bit)
You lose your 3D (but you expected it because Murray)
You lose your depth D call ups that have been killer (Kukan and Peeke)
You miss your 5D for a chunk

But your system overcomes most of that

Then you also lose your two top scorers and one of your top scorers from the previous year is MIA all year (hurt). Top that off with your only other top line talent is now the focus of other teams since Duchene and Panarin left. Oh and let's not forget your top prospect coming up broke his back.

Yeah, lack of top end talent starting the year and then having the remaining skill players get hurt is not an excuse but really do you expect otherwise?

This team has already overcome so much and worked so hard.

Excellent post. I know people hate excuses, but there is literally nothing they could have done to prevent this from happening. I'm still proud of their efforts this season.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
There are excuses, and there are REASONS.

The injury list we've had this season is a reason. I mean, we've lost so many guys that I've forgotten about some of the people we're missing. I never even THINK about the fact that Wennberg is out. Or Dubinsky. Or even Josh Anderson.

Is there anyone that's actually close to coming back?

Reactions: Viqsi

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Excellent post. I know people hate excuses, but there is literally nothing they could have done to prevent this from happening. I'm still proud of their efforts this season.
As a Monsters season ticket holder, it has been awful watching our season go down the toilet, but seeing some of these guys get to go up and actually play and not just watch from the team box, has been fun to watch. I hope next year is better.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Is Anderson milking it or what?

47cec5a6fc1c6fb24e023c985a1c7b20.jpg

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Because Korpisalo is a better goalie.

This is purely your opinion. You cannot state with any amount of certainty that either of these players is "better" than the other one. They have both had moments of brilliance and they have both had moments of suckatude. They both have earned some time in the net. We'll see how this works out.

Goaltending seems to not be an issue with these two guys here and a couple of promising prospects in the pipeline.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
they just will keep thurkauf up and expect shore to replace nash I guess ?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Not surprised. I suppose they could have made the decision earlier (presuming surgery is the route taken). I just hope it's not agent shenanigans.

I stopped expecting/waiting for him to come back around the turn of the calendar. But that's same with Texier, Murray, Wennberg, Kukan... Atkinson was 2-3 weeks about 2 weeks ago? So maybe him.

Reactions: Fireball23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad